E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Picking up this car Saturday... Opinions?

02-19-2013, 04:43 PM   #23
Mautofied17
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 Competition xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemw335 View Post
I find its the opposite, people who know nothing about cars and leave them stock are USUALLY the ones that never maintain their cars until a serivece light comes on, they could care less about waiting for oil temps to heat up.
But then again, if some idiot owned the car and tuned it then its even more trouble, which is why you should only own this car out of warranty if youre the original owner, or you know how the previous one treated the car.
It seems as though the previous and current owner are pretty knowledgeable. But I agree. I treat my vehicles like my own children.

Square 826M 20" Wheels, Dinan HAS, Dinan Midpipe, Dinan Axle-Back Exhaust, Dinan 10/12mm Spacers, SST Valve Controller
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2013, 09:08 AM   #24
BMWM.D.
Stupid Idiot
Rep
Drives: E90 335i & 6th Gen ZL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubzeroVR4 View Post
OR...maybe the car was taken care of. Sometimes the modded cars are generally babied and pampered because the owner knows how the car operates and takes more pride in his possession than the avg joe who keeps the car stock, doesn't know about proper warm up time and only washes/vacuums the car once a year.
Yeah, it honestly can go both ways. The only thing that would worry me about this car is the fact it was a "shop" car. Usually these type of cars are used for testing, and get driven hard by a lot of people who aren't the owners.

I've been involved in this industry professionally and as an enthusiast for a long time. Just trying to give my honest 2-cents based on experience. This could be a great car, there are just a lot of variables based on it's history and mileage. That's all.....
      02-20-2013, 09:48 AM   #25
MSport35TT
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
2010 BMW 335ix  [1.50]
I am the first to turn my head when I'm looking for a car and I see that it has been modded, especially on turbo cars.

Since your already looking at doing RBs then it's really not a concern if the stock turbos go by 85-100k.

Autocouture is an amazingly clean shop and I have nothing but GREAT things to say after only being there once. Sal and the gang treat you like family and your car like there personal pampered baby. Each tech and sales guy are extremely knowledgable and really spend the time to make sure all of your questions are answered to satisfaction. My biggest impression was how honest and fair they are. If one of these guys owned the car previously I would have no doubt the car has been cared for and properly maintained. Just give them a call and after you get off the phone i am sure you will feel 100% on your decision.

TMPS Sensor 09+ For Sale
x1 Seat Belt For Sale
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2013, 03:52 PM   #26
SubzeroVR4
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3/F85 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWM.D. View Post
Yeah, it honestly can go both ways. The only thing that would worry me about this car is the fact it was a "shop" car. Usually these type of cars are used for testing, and get driven hard by a lot of people who aren't the owners.

I've been involved in this industry professionally and as an enthusiast for a long time. Just trying to give my honest 2-cents based on experience. This could be a great car, there are just a lot of variables based on it's history and mileage. That's all.....
Yeah, I'm just speaking from experience. I've sold modded cars in the past. The buyers are most always enthusiast too. With that being said, I'm careful when selecting a modded car because last thing I want is someone else headaches. Few years ago I was shopping for a Acura TL and I didn't buy a particular car because it had an aftermarket exhaust system and after closer examination there was bits rubber caked underneath the front wheel well which led me to believe the car has been doing some smokey burn outs.
'21 Civic Type R
Appreciate 0