E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Will these offsets and tire sizes work?

06-27-2013, 03:35 PM   #1
Turbo Tinkerer
Private
Rep
Drives: N54

Will these offsets and tire sizes work?

So after PM'ing a local guy about what he thinks I can fit he gave me a baseline to start with and told me to adjust it as necessary, so I took a measuring tape to the fender wells and after tweaking his specs a tiny bit I came up with this:

FRONT:
Width: 10"
Offset: 25
Tires: 235/35/19

REAR:
Width: 11.5"
Offset: 30
Tires: 275/30/19

The car is obviously lowered, so I was wondering if any of the fitment experts can chime in and tell me if I will have any issues with a setup like this or if there are any tricks to making it fit?

I used a couple scrap pieces of wood to mock things up and see if I would be hitting anything anywhere and it looks like I'd be fine or very close to fine.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2013, 04:15 PM   #2
#P
Banned
Rep
Drives: Sunken wheels 4x4

Have you done any fender mods? Have you ever done aggressive fitment at all? Those are just a few things I usually ask people before getting into this.

Interesting choice of specs. Who exactly did you talk to in the Gta cause that sounds awful familiar.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2013, 05:40 PM   #3
Turbo Tinkerer
Private
Rep
Drives: N54

Quote:
Originally Posted by #P View Post
Have you done any fender mods? Have you ever done aggressive fitment at all? Those are just a few things I usually ask people before getting into this.

Interesting choice of specs. Who exactly did you talk to in the Gta cause that sounds awful familiar.

I got a bunch of different specs from a member named Dr. G after I saw some of his posts and then I just tweaked them to my liking. He told me he was confident in his specs, but to PM another local guy who's the expert apparently, but I think that member is banned from here.

I am going to get the rear fenders taken care of once I get some time, I hope that cutting the lip down will be enough to make this work. If not I may give the fender the tiniest 1-2mm pull first and then shave them, but I'd like to avoid that.

I've done done "big" fitment plenty of times, but not "aggressive" if you get what I mean. Most of my vehicles don't have much of a problem accomodating specs like these so they are pretty standard, but the 335i requires some stretching and tweaking to get this to fit so it qualifies as "aggressive" I believe.

The 335i is being passed on to a younger family member soon and I know that at his age 9.5" et 33 isn't going to cut it so I'd like to have it stanced perfectly for him. The only "performance" driving he will be doing will be illegal so that isn't a concern.

As an aside note, I'm sure it will travel just as fine from red light to red light and it will travel just as fast going 60 km/h as those with "performance" setups so guys please save that stuff.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2013, 05:48 PM   #4
#P
Banned
Rep
Drives: Sunken wheels 4x4

Hmmmm I see. Dr G is a good guy and has done research on specs and I I have been waiting for him to pull the trigger.

Those are pretty much my old specs if what I ran last year although I rub bigger more aggressive this year. That other member was good help when it comes to this sorta thing. Such a shame. Lol.

Is it for a e92 or e90 like mine
Appreciate 0