E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Charge pipe for diverters?

02-01-2008, 06:07 PM   #1
Supramano
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1995 BMW M3, 2008 335xi Sedan

Charge pipe for diverters?

Anyone know of an upgrade to our charge pipes to work with the diverters. I ordered the forged diverters, but i dont think they come with the piping. Ive noticed the stock pipe is not as big as my AA bov pipe, and its pinched a bit. Any company make this pipe to work with our diverters?? thanx dudes
Mods; Procede V4 | Remus Quads | UR catless dps | H&R coilovers | Modified CDV | Injen Intake | Spearco IC | Forge DVs | Defi Boost Gauge w/controller | Vorsteiner CF Hood + Front Lip | OEM M-tech Body kit | Hamann eyelids | Predator Ice Angels | 19" Volk Progressive Me's | Rotora BBK | 18" Rota Torques w/Blizzaks
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2008, 06:35 PM   #2
down4it
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supramano View Post
Anyone know of an upgrade to our charge pipes to work with the diverters. I ordered the forged diverters, but i dont think they come with the piping. Ive noticed the stock pipe is not as big as my AA bov pipe, and its pinched a bit. Any company make this pipe to work with our diverters?? thanx dudes
All of the intake piping from the turbos is pretty much the same size as the charge pipe so i dont think upgrading it will do much of anything. I simply got a 2 1/4" samco tube with a 45 degree bend in it and removed the flimsy rubber off of the oem charge pipe and put that one on. It is much more durable and does not pinch. My oem rubber tube was pinched more than 50% beause the piping from the spearco FMIC is longer than oem and caused the bend in the tube. Marty at MSDS Inc. found the pinch and suggested the samco tube.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2008, 07:05 PM   #3
Supramano
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1995 BMW M3, 2008 335xi Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by down4it View Post
All of the intake piping from the turbos is pretty much the same size as the charge pipe so i dont think upgrading it will do much of anything. I simply got a 2 1/4" samco tube with a 45 degree bend in it and removed the flimsy rubber off of the oem charge pipe and put that one on. It is much more durable and does not pinch. My oem rubber tube was pinched more than 50% beause the piping from the spearco FMIC is longer than oem and caused the bend in the tube. Marty at MSDS Inc. found the pinch and suggested the samco tube.
i have the same problem...where did you get this pipe?
Mods; Procede V4 | Remus Quads | UR catless dps | H&R coilovers | Modified CDV | Injen Intake | Spearco IC | Forge DVs | Defi Boost Gauge w/controller | Vorsteiner CF Hood + Front Lip | OEM M-tech Body kit | Hamann eyelids | Predator Ice Angels | 19" Volk Progressive Me's | Rotora BBK | 18" Rota Torques w/Blizzaks
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2008, 10:05 PM   #4
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: e92 335 - gone // e36 M3 turbo

+1 where is a good place to purchase that? Mine is pinched from my FMIC
      02-01-2008, 10:25 PM   #5
verboten
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '74 9146GTbiturbo '79 930turbo

Here ya go...
www.silhoses.com/distributors.asp

if the link does not work, go to silhoses.com and scroll to their distributors section. They are a Samco dealer.
I got all of my Samco stuff @ SEMA, they swapped me their stuff for some of our stuff

The pinched hose , if not dealt with, will eventually crack itself open .
Marty
Appreciate 0