E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > P Zero Corsa

05-18-2012, 05:39 AM   #1
A_P
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

P Zero Corsa

Hey peeps, just wondering if anyone has fitted these to their car? or had any experience with them?

Looking to run 285.30.19 on the rears.

Regards
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-18-2012, 06:34 AM   #2
Laney
First Lieutenant
England
Rep
Drives: F32 435dx ms, E90 330d ms

Garage List
Which days of the year do you plan on using them?

Appreciate 0
      05-18-2012, 07:53 AM   #3
Hotcoupe
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Don't know yet!

Garage List
I've had them in the past AP,those tyres were the ones that I had fitted when I discovered at great cost that a '35' profile doesn't fit an E92!

They were not that bad in honesty.
They now reside at the bottom of my garden.

How about Vredesteins,I've got them on the rear of mine,I'd recommend them,cheaper than peeee zeeees

Scrub the Vreds AP, not available in 285

Last edited by Hotcoupe; 05-18-2012 at 07:57 AM.. Reason: correction cos I'm a nob!
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2012, 08:18 AM   #4
Laney
First Lieutenant
England
Rep

Garage List
I can imagine they'd be great in the dry but surely in the wet at 285 wide they'd be like driving on ice.

Appreciate 0
      05-18-2012, 09:08 AM   #5
rich1068
has left the building
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport

They look pretty though
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2012, 12:30 PM   #6
A_P
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotcoupe View Post
I've had them in the past AP,those tyres were the ones that I had fitted when I discovered at great cost that a '35' profile doesn't fit an E92!

They were not that bad in honesty.
They now reside at the bottom of my garden.

How about Vredesteins,I've got them on the rear of mine,I'd recommend them,cheaper than peeee zeeees

Scrub the Vreds AP, not available in 285
Ive heard nothing but good things about the Vrededesteins, my friend put them on his 370z and very stable. I should have these on within a couple of weeks, so if they dont fit then they may also rest at the bottom of the garden.

Then I may get the Vreds in a smaller crossection.

Also apologies my car is still filfty! And what are you thoughts on an Alacantara steering wheel? Im thinking on keeping the leather M Sport one too, to chop and change.

And finally can you reccomend any places near us for a paint correction and detail?

Last edited by A_P; 05-18-2012 at 12:36 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2012, 12:34 PM   #7
A_P
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laney View Post
I can imagine they'd be great in the dry but surely in the wet at 285 wide they'd be like driving on ice.
Hey Laney, I am thinking this will prob be the last summer I will have with this car so I thought I would enjoy the very few hot days of summer to exploit the grip as much as possible.

In regards to rain, yes you are prob not wrong there, they prob will be rubbish, but the 275 wide conti I have on there right now have been excellent in rain and standing water. My commute to work is on B roads which have puddles in quite a few places, and the car felt very planted.

Appreciate 0
      05-18-2012, 12:41 PM   #8
A_P
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich1068 View Post
They look pretty though
Lol yes they do, I quite like the Advan AD08's too, But the corsas come standard on the CLK63 AMG lack edition on a 9.5 wheel.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2012, 01:10 PM   #9
idnan
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awfully_Polite View Post
Lol yes they do, I quite like the Advan AD08's too, But the corsas come standard on the CLK63 AMG lack edition on a 9.5 wheel.
I'm thinking AD08s for my 335i but they do 265/30/19 and 295/30/19 from what I can see. Although I've heard they are much wider than normal tyres so the 265/30s are bigger then 275 in width.

They are supposed to be immense in the dry and decent in the wet. Either them of Michelin Super Sports like I had before. Either way I'm still going to be struggling for traction in wet and dry.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2012, 01:19 PM   #10
A_P
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by idnan View Post
I'm thinking AD08s for my 335i but they do 265/30/19 and 295/30/19 from what I can see. Although I've heard they are much wider than normal tyres so the 265/30s are bigger then 275 in width.

They are supposed to be immense in the dry and decent in the wet. Either them of Michelin Super Sports like I had before. Either way I'm still going to be struggling for traction in wet and dry.
Go for the AD08's in 265, like you said they are wider, but then again Ive heard the super sports are pretty wide too? What were they like can you give a mini review?

Regards.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2012, 03:58 PM   #11
Hotcoupe
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Don't know yet!

Garage List
Quote:
Ive heard nothing but good things about the Vrededesteins, my friend put them on his 370z and very stable. I should have these on within a couple of weeks, so if they dont fit then they may also rest at the bottom of the garden.

Then I may get the Vreds in a smaller crossection.

Also apologies my car is still filfty! And what are you thoughts on an Alacantara steering wheel? Im thinking on keeping the leather M Sport one too, to chop and change.

And finally can you reccomend any places near us for a paint correction and detail?
I think the 285's will fit the E90 OK,even on your wheels.
Where do you source your tyres by the way?

From what I've heard about the Alcantara st/wheels they don't seem to stand up to the daily wear and tear a wheel takes,whilst there a nice bit of kit,personally it's a mod I'd avoid.

For detailing I use Bryan @ Drive N Shine,he's over Godstone way,good Guy

http://www.driveandshine.co.uk/wordpress/
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2012, 05:51 PM   #12
idnan
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 335i

Quote:
Go for the AD08's in 265, like you said they are wider, but then again Ive heard the super sports are pretty wide too? What were they like can you give a mini review?

Regards.
I had Michelin PS2s previously and when my rears wore out I swapped them for the Super Sports which I found were better in the wet and dry which is suprising considering how good the PS2s were. I seriously doubt there is a tyre out there which matches the all weather performance of them.

From what I've heard, the AD08s are better in the dry but not as good in the wet. With summer coming up I'm not too sure whether to go with the AD08s or stick with the good all weather performing PSSs. Both are around the same price but I can't decide which would be better for me. I've heard the AD08s have a stiff sidewall which is something that appeals to me and should give slightly sharper turn in. I felt the PSSs were lacking in this aspect and numbs the steering feel a bit.

The PSSs are quite chunky but looking at the pics of the AD08s, they look a fair bit wider. Here is a width comparison I found of 255/35/18 AD08s vs Dunlop Direzza Star Spec (which are also quite wide):

Appreciate 0
      05-19-2012, 11:58 AM   #13
parapaul
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E91 330d M Sport

Garage List
I'd be very wary of running P Zero Corsa or any other semi slick track tyre on a road car. The tread depth is only about 4mm to start with so you've got little room for wear before they're bald.
      05-22-2012, 01:30 PM   #14
A_P
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by idnan View Post
I had Michelin PS2s previously and when my rears wore out I swapped them for the Super Sports which I found were better in the wet and dry which is suprising considering how good the PS2s were. I seriously doubt there is a tyre out there which matches the all weather performance of them.

From what I've heard, the AD08s are better in the dry but not as good in the wet. With summer coming up I'm not too sure whether to go with the AD08s or stick with the good all weather performing PSSs. Both are around the same price but I can't decide which would be better for me. I've heard the AD08s have a stiff sidewall which is something that appeals to me and should give slightly sharper turn in. I felt the PSSs were lacking in this aspect and numbs the steering feel a bit.

The PSSs are quite chunky but looking at the pics of the AD08s, they look a fair bit wider. Here is a width comparison I found of 255/35/18 AD08s vs Dunlop Direzza Star Spec (which are also quite wide):

Holy cow they are severly wide. So which will you go for? Fitted the Corsa's last weekend, they too are wide, maybe not as much as in that pic though. The contact patch is 285 but when I measured the full width it was 295. I have managed to get away with a near perfect fit, they do not rub at all, and I can go over speed bumps at my usual speed (which is 15-20mph). I have not tried them out in the wet yet, but the grip is insane its almost 25% better than the conti 5P's (they were 275). The only downside I would say is they are not so progressive on the very limit, its like there is insane grip and then after it peaks it suddenly just cuts loose. Still it is early days so I can give a more in depth review later.

All in all, the car has been transformed, I was worried that the rears would rub more than a kid with chicken pox but so far all good.

Currently still running conti 5P's in the front 235's, and considering switching to Corsa's for them too.

P.s thanks for the mini review, which will you go for? also I read in another thread about your diff. Sorry to hear bro, but im glad that you have the M3 replacement parts ready.

What stage of tune is your car in now?

All the best
Regards.

Last edited by A_P; 05-23-2012 at 01:00 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2012, 01:40 PM   #15
A_P
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotcoupe View Post
I think the 285's will fit the E90 OK,even on your wheels.
Where do you source your tyres by the way?

From what I've heard about the Alcantara st/wheels they don't seem to stand up to the daily wear and tear a wheel takes,whilst there a nice bit of kit,personally it's a mod I'd avoid.

For detailing I use Bryan @ Drive N Shine,he's over Godstone way,good Guy

http://www.driveandshine.co.uk/wordpress/
Hey mate, Hows things?

Sorry for late reply I haven't been around. The tyres are fitted!! will upload some pics, you were the 285's just about fit.... just lol.

In regards to the wheel, I still have my current M sport wheel in good nick, so I was hoping to chop and change as and when i felt like it?... I dont know though, If I decided on the Alcantara then the new wheel will have to get posted out this week. Its one I bought from a member on here. Nice chap, Beautiful condition too. I have always wanted one... will you talk me out of it?

I checked out the detailing link, Wow that guy has detailed some beautiful cars! My car is in severe need of TLC so hopefully next month I will look into it. Cheers for that.

My friend, lives close-ish to us, and his dad's has a Retail Merchant business, something to with supplying chip and pin machines, the house and grounds where they live is huge, and we often mess about there. He sources the tyres for me.

regards.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2012, 01:43 PM   #16
A_P
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by parapaul View Post
I'd be very wary of running P Zero Corsa or any other semi slick track tyre on a road car. The tread depth is only about 4mm to start with so you've got little room for wear before they're bald.
So true about them getting bald soon, but thats just the way it is, and the enjoyment factor outweighs the cost.

Edit, They are not a track tire per say, They are a fully road legal, DOT certified R compound trackable tire. 6mm to start with and do not need to be shaved as the rears I have are the Corsa Assemetrico's.

Last edited by A_P; 05-23-2012 at 12:49 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2012, 01:44 PM   #17
A_P
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich1068 View Post
They look pretty though
Yea they are

Congrats on your new car mate, Its beautiful.

regards.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2012, 01:38 AM   #18
A_P
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Reference pics.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-23-2012, 06:46 AM   #19
Laney
First Lieutenant
England
Rep

Garage List
Are you having any problems with understeer on your new setup?

Appreciate 0