E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic > 10-30-09 MIR private track rental!!!!!

10-18-2009, 08:50 PM   #1
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: e92 335 - gone // e36 M3 turbo

10-30-09 MIR private track rental!!!!!

Hey all,

Hopefully some of you will be interested in attending the 1st and possibly last Fall rental at MIR.....October 30th...its a Friday. Gates will open at 9am and track should be ready at 10am.

$100/per car run as many times as you want. Hoping for 2 lanes prepped w VHT, but that will depend on the number of cars.

This should be the best chance for anyone within driving distance to run seriously fast times or just get to know their car. Very helpful people here.

I've been 5 or 6 times already, improving on my best et w/ every new track rental since the beginning of last year when I was only running V1.47 and no other mods. Havent ran the past few times as my 335 is RIP......but just might get the "new" M3 turbo down the 1320 this time.

If you have never ran the 1/4 mile, this is the perfect chance. You can ask Clem on this one, there is NO pressure, no lines, only enthusiasts, relaxed rules, and a great time to be had. Doesnt matter what you are driving either. Last November there was a stock Audi A8 running 16's....driver having a blast the whole time.

Here is a link to the Columbus day rental from last year so you can see what you missed........ACR viper setting a new record for one :
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1083064

Will only post 2 pics for now.....this was earlier this year.

me

Clem and I filling up w the good stuff....cracktane if you will

Here is a post from Adam (Clem) from last year about the private rentals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clem View Post
I'm in! Last time was a blast. Like Sniz says, just line up when you feel like it and run - as many times as you want. No waiting in line necessary. I had never been to the track before and when no one was paying attention I sneeked up to the line and made my first pass ever, nervous as shit. It wasn't pretty - 13.19 @ 109 - but I did pop my cherry.

MIR is a really nice facility especially when there are only a couple dozen people running. Track is sticky good - I ripped off a 1.86 60' on street tires (and then blew second gear) Driver mod obviously not installed!

Don't miss out. It's the most fun you can have for $100 with your pants still on!
      10-18-2009, 11:34 PM   #2
turbologist
Emperor
United_States
Rep
Drives: tricycle

Bimmers only or is a little bit of rice allowed?
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2009, 01:48 AM   #3
BMWPower06
A^M=G is nothing w/o the Power of ///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M5 & ///M3

hmm i was just there a couple weeks ago, I ran a 12.6 @ 115

My friends were looking to rent the track this past weekend, but the weather didn't hold off.

I really want to come to this, but I have work on friday
      10-19-2009, 06:24 AM   #4
Clem
Major
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 M3 AW/FR ESS VT2

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbologist View Post
All are welcome. We always get a few big turbo'd Supras and modded GTR's. Although, I'm not sure they qualify as rice. Whatever it is, I say bring it!

I'll be there with the M5 trying to break into the 12's. Probably not going to happen, but it will be fun trying! You guys with tuned E90's and M3's should come down and make me look bad.

Last edited by Clem; 10-19-2009 at 07:59 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2009, 08:36 AM   #5
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
All are welcome. We always get a few big turbo'd Supras and modded GTR's. Although, I'm not sure they qualify as rice. Whatever it is, I say bring it!

I'll be there with the M5 trying to break into the 12's. Probably not going to happen, but it will be fun trying! You guys with tuned E90's and M3's should come down and make me look bad.
you better hope they prep the crap out of that track or you magically find a pair of DR's in your garage somewhere......else your gonna be spinning to 3rd gear based on what I saw you do on the street
      10-19-2009, 08:59 AM   #6
deletedelete
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: m

Garage List
Excuse the dumb question, but whats the difference between this and a normal day? I assume that because its $100 alot less people show up?

I haven't been to the strip in a long time. Especially not with a car thats so expensive. This might be a good time to peacefully break in the 335.

Last edited by deletedelete; 10-19-2009 at 09:28 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2009, 09:35 AM   #7
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowess Symphony View Post
Excuse the dumb question, but whats the difference between this and a normal day? I assume that because its $100 alot less people show up?

I haven't been to the strip in a long time. Especially not with a car thats so expensive. This might be a good time to peacefully break in the 335.
its a great way to peacefully break it in

typically on test and tune days there will be very long lines waiting to run.

Here at the private rentals it will be between 15-30 cars TOTAL and we have both lanes reserved, just confirmed that this morning.

You can run as many times as you want, no waiting, no pressure . Its a great way to learn about you and your car.

The people who will be there will be true enthusiasts and almost all are willing to help mechanically, mentally, or just cheer you on

I'll be part of the n54 powered pit crew im' sure.
      10-19-2009, 10:00 AM   #8
deletedelete
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniz View Post
its a great way to peacefully break it in

typically on test and tune days there will be very long lines waiting to run.

Here at the private rentals it will be between 15-30 cars TOTAL and we have both lanes reserved, just confirmed that this morning.

You can run as many times as you want, no waiting, no pressure . Its a great way to learn about you and your car.

The people who will be there will be true enthusiasts and almost all are willing to help mechanically, mentally, or just cheer you on

I'll be part of the n54 powered pit crew im' sure.
Oh ok. Sounds great. Unless something happens, im there!

I know a guy who works at mir, and the VW club I belong to are meeting at mir on nov 1. So Ill have a weekend of dragging. Heres the question. Will two days in a row of 1/4 be stressing the 335 too much?
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2009, 10:13 AM   #9
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Oh ok. Sounds great. Unless something happens, im there!

I know a guy who works at mir, and the VW club I belong to are meeting at mir on nov 1. So Ill have a weekend of dragging. Heres the question. Will two days in a row of 1/4 be stressing the 335 too much?
no not at all.....there are people who have beat the crap out of their cars and they still run just fine....just look at Terry and Shiv.
      10-19-2009, 10:20 AM   #10
turbologist
Emperor
United_States
Rep
Drives: tricycle

Sounds good... Is this a non-profit track rental?
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2009, 10:24 AM   #11
deletedelete
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Looks like the vw guys at vortex are in on this too. Seems like alot more then 20-30 guys are gonna show. Getting nervous.......lol. Hopefully not too many show. Id hate to pay a bunch and still have to wait in line.

Last edited by deletedelete; 10-19-2009 at 10:42 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2009, 11:39 AM   #12
Blackbenzz
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: CLK55, CLK430, S5

Thanks for posting this up Matt!

Quote:
Everyone is welcome as long as they dont act like dbags lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWPower06 View Post
hmm i was just there a couple weeks ago, I ran a 12.6 @ 115

My friends were looking to rent the track this past weekend, but the weather didn't hold off.

I really want to come to this, but I have work on friday
Congrats on the 12.6 You should come so we can finally run. Use a vacation day

Your friends cant rent MIR on a weekend until after Imports vs. Domestics. There are events there every weekend until then. And after then they can only rent saturdays til december. I have the track Dec. 5th as well.
Quote:

Yup, all are welcome. Bring whatever it is you have.

Nice, cant wait to see your new car!
Quote:
Yes.
Quote:
Looks like the vw guys at vortex are in on this too. Seems like alot more then 20-30 guys are gonna show. Getting nervous.......lol. Hopefully not too many show. Id hate to pay a bunch and still have to wait in line.
There are quite a few different brands of cars that always come out. All are welcome and we all get along. There are no lines, even if 50 cars show up (there wont be that many, I'm just exaggerating) people dont all run at the same time. Everyone gets nervous but trust me, people are there to help. This is the best time to learn how to drag race, there is no pressure. We were all in your shoes at one point. Test and tunes have ALOT more people, thats where I first ran
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2009, 12:55 PM   #13
boom
My X5d tows my spec miata to the track.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 X5 35d

Can people come to spectate? How much?
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2009, 01:01 PM   #14
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by boom View Post

free.....at least normally it is. you just need to sign a waiver at the front gates to get in. I'll most likely just be spectating at this one
      10-19-2009, 01:16 PM   #15
Blackbenzz
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by boom View Post
Free 99 for this event. The one on Dec. 5th I believe they will be charging $10 for spectators.
Quote:
free.....at least normally it is. you just need to sign a waiver at the front gates to get in. I'll most likely just be spectating at this one
Yup its free. They usually only charge spectators on the big weekend rentals. Sucks you might not be able to run your car but sometimes its more fun just watching and chilling. I got a new wheel and tire setup (you'veprobably never seen a benz on these rims/tires lol) to go with my new tune. Should see a new world record hopefully
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2009, 01:40 PM   #16
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbenzz View Post
Free 99 for this event. The one on Dec. 5th I believe they will be charging $10 for spectators.

Yup its free. They usually only charge spectators on the big weekend rentals. Sucks you might not be able to run your car but sometimes its more fun just watching and chilling. I got a new wheel and tire setup (you'veprobably never seen a benz on these rims/tires lol) to go with my new tune. Should see a new world record hopefully
AR torq thrust II's???? lol

I love those wheels and they would look hilarious on your benz. I had these on my '69 Camaro and LOVED them.

10-19-2009, 01:57 PM   #17
Blackbenzz
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
AR torq thrust II's???? lol

I love those wheels and they would look hilarious on your benz. I had these on my '69 Camaro and LOVED them.
Haha no. Think slicks and skinnies on CCWs
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2009, 02:13 PM   #18
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbenzz View Post
Haha no. Think slicks and skinnies on CCWs
oh hell yes
      10-19-2009, 02:33 PM   #19
deletedelete
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
All I know is that im going for high 11's with just a jb3! Thats right!
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2009, 02:36 PM   #20
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
All I know is that im going for high 11's with just a jb3! Thats right!
that would be sweet!!

have you ever drag raced?
      10-19-2009, 02:56 PM   #21
deletedelete
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
that would be sweet!!

have you ever drag raced?
Yeah, a 9 sec 88 camaro that I bought at 16 and had until college. Nothing since, so its been a while. And the 335 is a completely different type of car. I see these posts of people on only a jb3 getting 11's. But they probably have better tires then my all seasons.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2009, 03:19 PM   #22
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Yeah, a 9 sec 88 camaro that I bought at 16 and had until college. Nothing since, so its been a while. And the 335 is a completely different type of car. I see these posts of people on only a jb3 getting 11's. But they probably have better tires then my all seasons.
you will need to run A TON OF BOOST to hit 11's on just JB3, more than I would be willing to without the supporting mods. Some people don't seem to care but i'm not one of them.

if you have ever seen the n54's turbo's in person you would understand. the exhaust impeller is about the size of a larger grape.

9 sec camaro huh very nice