E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Things you LIKE about your 3-series/BMW

05-27-2010, 04:15 PM   #23
Rochdale Pioneers
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 520d SE

RWD. It goes round bends at speeds that would have had my Mondeo (which IMO has a great chassis) into the hedge.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2010, 04:37 PM   #24
Shafz325
325i 6MT Arctic
England
Rep
Drives: 2005 325i SE Arctic Metallic

The colour, I don't see it often

The 6cyl noise, N/A high revving 6 sounds awesome

The interior layout

The handling is amazing, despite coming from a "sports" Passat.

Shafz.
Daily: 2005 BMW 325i SE Arctic Metallic 6MT | Black Dakota Leather | BMS CDV | E90 LCI Halogen Headlights | HorizonLEDs 20W CREE Angel Eyes | OEM Blacklines | CREE Foglights | BMW Alpine Upgrade | Logic7 Subwoofers | ACS Style Roof Spoiler | BMWP Style Boot Spoiler

Toy: 2002 Honda Civic Type-R EP3 | Too Much To List...
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2010, 04:40 PM   #25
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
The looks of the e92
The handling
The latest software!!!
The engine, smoothness, torque, bhp, high reving, constant power delivery
value for money....2nd hand e92 £18k ....you get 300bhp, 0-60 in 5.4 secs, and great handling
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2010, 04:50 PM   #26
invent
Private
Rep
Drives: E93 LCI 320d SE

You have to drive it to understand. It's all in the body control, the rear-drive chassis, the sweet steering, the thrills,
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2010, 06:58 PM   #27
Vaheed1
Major
Rep
Drives: E90 330d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemerbird View Post
Lol, car of the 'people' eek!!

Actually, more so now VW/Audi own them. Porsche Turbo still more interesting than a VW Passat eh.
Porsche 997 Turbo: Sublime; beautiful; outrageous; mind boggling; beast. I see a lady driving a 997 Turbo every now and then - in the gorgeous blue - and I always wonder: Does that woman REALLY know what she's driving? The sheer, physics defying hammer she has under her right foot. I suspect not, judging by her haircut. LOL.

Anyways, back to the beeyems likes:

I've had 3 330d's (E46 184 & 204bhp; E90 231bhp) and just think it's the best all round car on the market today. Seriously, there's nothing that can fulfil my personal daily needs like the 3 series. It's economical, practical (to a degree, as I only have one child and one wife....) and it's beautifully balanced and poised for those 'exiting moments.' of course, we have to talk into context here: it's no Fezza Scud or Porka GT3 - but for what it is, it's quite brilliant.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2010, 03:01 AM   #28
beemerbird
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: Merc diesel

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaheed1 View Post
Does that woman REALLY know what she's driving? The sheer, physics defying hammer she has under her right foot. I suspect not, judging by her haircut. LOL.

Anyways, back to the beeyems likes:

I've had 3 330d's (E46 184 & 204bhp; E90 231bhp) and just think it's the best all round car on the market today. Seriously, there's nothing that can fulfil my personal daily needs like the 3 series. It's economical, practical (to a degree, as I only have one child and one wife....) and it's beautifully balanced and poised for those 'exiting moments.' of course, we have to talk into context here: it's no Fezza Scud or Porka GT3 - but for what it is, it's quite brilliant.
Maybe she does, maybe she doesn't who knows. But my haircut notwithstanding I DEFINITELY knew what I was driving when I had my 997 Turbo last year. The absolute best and most complete car I've ever owned and the closest thing on four wheels that comes near a motorbike for sheer adrenalin and power. Did you know the nanny aids are set up to allow a degree of AWD drift, just for that extra fun factor?

I agree it's nice when you find a car that's a good all rounder for your needs and my 'gamble' paid off am pleased to say. Strange thing is when I owned the Porsches most people would just nod and say 'very nice', the neighbours would chat for ages but I know them. The French loved the Porsches bless 'em. With the S5 I actually get more strangers coming upto me and talking and asking about the car. This Wednesday bloke in an Alfa 156 Sainsburys car park was the most recent, said he 'heard' me pull into the car park.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2010, 03:05 AM   #29
ZneeK
vrooommm
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW E92 335i

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Maybe she does, maybe she doesn't who knows. But my haircut notwithstanding I DEFINITELY knew what I was driving when I had my 997 Turbo last year. The absolute best and most complete car I've ever owned and the closest thing on four wheels that comes near a motorbike for sheer adrenalin and power. Did you know the nanny aids are set up to allow a degree of AWD drift, just for that extra fun factor?

I agree it's nice when you find a car that's a good all rounder for your needs and my 'gamble' paid off am pleased to say. Strange thing is when I owned the Porsches most people would just nod and say 'very nice', the neighbours would chat for ages but I know them. The French loved the Porsches bless 'em. With the S5 I actually get more strangers coming upto me and talking and asking about the car. This Wednesday bloke in an Alfa 156 Sainsburys car park was the most recent, said he 'heard' me pull into the car park.
Why did you go from Porsche to Audi S5? The A5 is a typical business-leaser overhere, only the Golf can be seen on more streetcorners... On average i see 10x as much A5s as E92s
      05-28-2010, 03:16 AM   #30
beemerbird
Major General
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZneeK View Post
Why did you go from Porsche to Audi S5? The A5 is a typical business-leaser overhere, only the Golf can be seen on more streetcorners... On average i see 10x as much A5s as E92s
Because mr nosey bugger, I need to spend money on our house to eventually downsize then as soon as possible, I will get another Porsche, hopefully a Turbo. It was a 'sensible' financial decision.

I don't have an A5 I have a S5 so overhere there's more 320d's on lease, same difference. Loads of beemers overhere so what and loads of Audis.

Anything after the Porsche was a compromise and for me and it's me that counts as I own the car, the S5 provides the best compromise and still does. An excellent all rounder and bloody well put together. Me, I'm happy.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2010, 03:23 AM   #31
ZneeK
vrooommm
Netherlands
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Because mr nosey bugger, I need to spend money on our house to eventually downsize then as soon as possible, I will get another Porsche, hopefully a Turbo. It was a 'sensible' financial decision.

I don't have an A5 I have a S5 so overhere there's more 320d's on lease, same difference. Loads of beemers overhere so what and loads of Audis.

Anything after the Porsche was a compromise and for me and it's me that counts as I own the car, the S5 provides the best compromise and still does. An excellent all rounder and bloody well put together. Me, I'm happy.
Sorry, don't mean to be a nosey bugger... If it it wasn't for my girlfriend, my son and our house i'd be driving a M3, or Maserati.....

I actually checked out a S5 when i was searching for my new car last year. Found the difference in price too much to justify. The S5 is much better looking then the standard lease-A5, but i still think the E92 is better looking...
      05-28-2010, 03:50 AM   #32
beemerbird
Major General
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Sorry, don't mean to be a nosey bugger... If it it wasn't for my girlfriend, my son and our house i'd be driving a M3, or Maserati.....

I actually checked out a S5 when i was searching for my new car last year. Found the difference in price too much to justify. The S5 is much better looking then the standard lease-A5, but i still think the E92 is better looking...
I said it 'northern style' lol way we talk around here. You sure about the reliability in a Maserati.

The 335i never crossed my mind tbh, I tried a M3 yet again and yes, very nice car, but not for me overall. Looks are always subjective aren't they. I don't necessarily think the 911 is that 'good looking'.....go figure.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2010, 03:54 AM   #33
ZneeK
vrooommm
Netherlands
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
I said it 'northern style' lol way we talk around here. You sure about the reliability in a Maserati.

The 335i never crossed my mind tbh, I tried a M3 yet again and yes, very nice car, but not for me overall. Looks are always subjective aren't they. I don't necessarily think the 911 is that 'good looking'.....go figure.
I was at a quarter mile event last year and heard several Maserati's pull away..... who cares about the reliability of something that sounds and looks like that.....
      05-28-2010, 04:19 AM   #34
beemerbird
Major General
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I was at a quarter mile event last year and heard several Maserati's pull away..... who cares about the reliability of something that sounds and looks like that.....
LOL....fair enough, maybe have one as a play thing rather than an everyday drive. Agree they do sound and look nice and some classy interiors........Italian flair.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2010, 06:07 AM   #35
Oli
Campervan man
Rep
Drives: RS3 and VW Kombi

Quote:
It probably broke down at the end of the 1/4 mile...........

Genuine VW T5 California Rental

Last edited by Oli; 05-28-2010 at 06:21 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2010, 06:27 AM   #36
Spear_j
Rep
Drives: BMW 335d M Sport

RWD & 428 llbs ft of torque
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2010, 03:31 PM   #37
Vaheed1
Major
Rep
Drives: E90 330d M Sport

Quote:

I have to disagree with you on the looks. I think the A5 is a beautifully designed and proportioned bit of metal - especially the S5 - in black.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2010, 04:10 AM   #38
shane55
First Lieutenant
Ireland
Rep
Drives: BMW 330d M-Sport Auto

Simply...the way it makes you feel when you drive it!
      05-29-2010, 08:38 AM   #39
ZneeK
vrooommm
Netherlands
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Just went out for some gas and a quick hose-down.... Damn, 0-60 is exciting in 5 secs..... The power combined with the sound of the straight six @ 7000rpm..... That's what i love the most about my 335i....
      02-25-2011, 12:53 PM   #40
kdiz
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i SE

Garage List
For me, a lot of things coming from an old car:

Air con
Sat nav
Proper speakers [logic 7]
Folding mirrors, helps down a lot of roads where i live
Performance!!!!
Tuning capabilitys
Exhaust note
Looks
Comfort, even on 19" and RFT its like a bed compared to my other car
A lot of fine grain settings on iDrive
Sport seats
Handling
Alarm
Remote central locking
Changing the seat setup / steering wheel means my legs wont hit the wheel as much like my current
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2011, 01:37 PM   #41
TXe92
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe

Agreed

I have never ( except the VQ ) loved the note of a car's stock exhaust so much.. that.. and the sexy angel eyes.. doesnt hurt that every chick in the world talks about my car more than I do..
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2011, 01:49 PM   #42
Em135eye
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M135i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spear_j View Post
RWD & 428 llbs ft of torque
+1
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2011, 03:16 AM   #43
justa
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 320d M Sport

the steering - so accurate
handling - my 1st BMW and yes its brilliant to drive - don't know if its all down to being RWD but the way it goes around corners is just fantastic
build quality - no rattles on mine anyway !
heater - for a diesel the heater is just brilliant - heats up quicker than any other diesel I have owned
the 'rest' button on the heater - keeping the car warm when you have switched the engine off
the dash - love the simple layout
msport steering wheel - thought it was too thick at first but now love it
50 mpg - on a long run....
the looks - only an Alfa 159 Ti comes close
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2011, 03:19 AM   #44
225_AB
Major
Rep
Drives: M235i

Garage List
2014 M235i  [0.00]
2009 BMW 330D  [0.00]
Quote:
So how come no-one has mentioned driving dynamics then?

From the beemers I've owned and driven, I liked the effortless drive and the cars 'flow' well on fast A and B roads. Steering always been good with decent feedback.
+1

And 40mpg
Appreciate 0