E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > DIY Guides > Boost Gauge - Engine Compartment Wire Routing

01-04-2009, 03:19 PM   #1
usc335
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M2C, '08 E92 335

Boost Gauge - Engine Compartment Wire Routing

I just wanted to show how I routed the wiring for my boost gauge in the engine compartment. I tapped into the diverter valve pressure line like everyone else.
(1) Mount the pressure sensor on the existing bracket on the driver's side shock tower. The bracket conveniently has the perfect size hole for the HKS pressure sensor I used.
(2) Route the wires from the pressure sensor to the ECU compartment on the passenger side using the wiring conduit tray. The tray conveniently has an unused wire harness routing path.
(3) Create a hole in one of the rubber boots for the wire harness to penetrate into the ECU compartment. You can put a little silicone on this to seal it up.
(4) Locate the electronics for the boost gauge in the ECU compartment.
(5) Route the wiring from the electronics unit into the cabin via the bottom hole in the ECU compartment that everyone routes their PROcede USB cable through.
(6) Tap into constant power (color = XXXX) and ignition (color = YYYYYY).
(7) I mounted my boost gauge in my glove box.

Appreciate 0
      01-04-2009, 04:06 PM   #2
F104
Captain
Belgium
Rep
Drives: E92 320D M-sport

Nice DIY, but for cost and possibilities i prefer my Dashdyno install. Picture doesn't show justice, ibut in driving position i have clear view on a screen (between gear lever and radio) showing at least four selectable parameters. And when i don't want to see it (never ever, more like when parking) i close the lid. PS the other non BMW bit on the others side of the gear lever is a parrot CK 3200
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-20-2011, 12:21 PM   #3
msp2three35i
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: TiAg/CR e92 335i

I'm installing the same gauge but I can't get my gauge to stop blinking. do you remember what you ran your wires too, specifically the 12v constant?

I ran all my wires to the cigarette lighter except my 12v which i ran to the glove box light.

EDIT: i learned that the instrument panel dimmer has to have the brightness turned all the way up to make it stop blinking. thanks anyways.

Last edited by msp2three35i; 06-20-2011 at 08:47 PM..
Appreciate 0