E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Australia Classifieds Section > GB: Autobrite Snow Foam Lance & 500ml magifoam solution $90 [Closes 21/09/12]

09-13-2012, 06:57 PM   #1
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92 335i 6MT

GB: Autobrite Snow Foam Lance & 500ml magifoam solution $90 [Closes 21/09/12]

I'm unsure if you guys have seen or heard of this product before, but to eliminate swirl marks in the washing process you can use this product in conjunction with a high pressure washer to wash the car, then a hand held 18V or 2 stroke petrol blower to blow water beads from the paint.

This is essentially a 'touchless' wash so without touching the paint this shall basically eliminate the surface from getting swirl marks (you will still have to wax your car)

The foaming agent isn't a harsh CT26 type of wash it is safe to use with your usual waxes (mothers, meguairs, 3M, turtlewax etc) It is ph neutral (6-7) and according to the specs for meguiars gold class their shampoo has a ph value of 8 which is slightly alkaline

Image of snow foam applied to car:

Normally the lance alone sells for $129 and its $15.95 for 500ml of foaming agent, by doing this GB I can offer the lance & 500ml of product from the uk supplier for $90 delivered to your door (anywhere in Oz)

Info can be seen in the link below:

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=203403

Please check fittings below to confirm type:

I have a few mates who are buying this, I thought I would post up here to see if anyone else was interested, please PM me if you have any enquiries or wish to purchase.

P.S I don't intend to make any $ from this GB, the importer wanted over $50 to post a single lance, so I enquired about a bulk buy to get the cost down.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2012, 07:58 PM   #2
pavo335
Banned
Rep
Drives: 3.5 wheeler

LMFAO, i almost fell off the chair watching that, i couldn't help thinking shit i'll get one to wash the kids and then i recalled the post from our old friend rossi about a chap who ac was going on the fritz woth a snow storm in the car. that was gold btw.

But seriously your buying one of these? just hit the car with the pressure washer, mine strips paint off the house so a little dirt on the car wont be an issue
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2012, 12:02 AM   #3
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavo335 View Post
LMFAO, i almost fell off the chair watching that, i couldn't help thinking shit i'll get one to wash the kids and then i recalled the post from our old friend rossi about a chap who ac was going on the fritz woth a snow storm in the car. that was gold btw.

But seriously your buying one of these? just hit the car with the pressure washer, mine strips paint off the house so a little dirt on the car wont be an issue
Sorry mate unsure of what ya going on about there!

Yes a pressure washer is great for household duties such as that, but the aim of the game with the snow foam is to minimise swirling of the paint (swirls are an arch nemesis of any avid car detailer/owner who aims to keep their paintwork in pristine condition)
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2012, 08:17 AM   #4
Bmwe90sg
Banned
Rep
Drives: Car

how do we go about this?
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2012, 09:11 AM   #5
Ninjaoz
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: E39 540i, E90 320d,F15 30d

Garage List
2011 BMW 320d  [10.00]
or just get the foam nozzle from your local bunnings if you have a karcher high pressure washer

http://www.karcher.com.au/aus/Produc...e%2C+0.6+litre
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2012, 06:57 PM   #6
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwe90sg View Post
how do we go about this?
If you're interested in purchasing please PM me your adress etc and I will PM you my bank acc details to make the payment to

The lances and foaming solution package should arrive the 2nd week of oct.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2012, 07:02 PM   #7
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaoz View Post
or just get the foam nozzle from your local bunnings if you have a karcher high pressure washer

http://www.karcher.com.au/aus/Produc...e%2C+0.6+litre
My mate who has a bosch, tried a similar attachment with car wash and it wouldnt foam up enough. I haven't tried it personally but on youtube the snow foam lance seems to foam even normal car wash?
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2012, 05:07 PM   #8
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep

I have 9 orders, anyone else wish to participate today is literally the last day as I'm placing the order tomorrow
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2012, 05:43 PM   #9
Black BoY
Registered
Rep
Drives: honda

it is new toy i love Foam Lance
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2012, 04:40 AM   #10
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep

Shipment has arrived, thanks for those who participated!

I shall endeavour to get this shipment out on Monday afternoon!
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2012, 01:00 AM   #11
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep

Well I gave my daily driver a wash and with the autobrite snow foam kit today.

You insert a small amount of magifoam into the canister, then fill it with warm water and attach to your high pressure washer after you have rinsed the car.

Initially the solution was quite watery, adjusting the valve on the nozzle in the - (minus direction) thickened it up until a nice thick foamy solution was sprayed onto the car.

Let it rinse for 5-10 minutes then hose off.

Once it has been rinsed off, I then use my petrol blower to blow the water off the paint. The blower is great for blowing water trapped inside the wheel nut recesses and tyres trim linings etc (I hate when you get those streaky water marks from driving off and the water drips from various crevices onto the paint)

Once the bulk of the beaded water has been blown from the car i use a lint free waffle towel to towel the car dry

I didnt take before photos on the calais sports wagon, but whilst the finish is far from concours, it has done a great job and it literally halved my washing time!

I then decided to give the gf's corolla a run also.

Before:

After:

So in summary I highly recommend this product for anyone who is considering it. It isnt as cost effective as the wash n bucket method, but its much quicker and for someone who perhaps doesnt have the time, or has a sore back etc it is a great way for maintaining a clean paint finish that is much cheaper then your local car wash!
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2012, 09:31 PM   #12
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep

Hey guys I'm just about to order a few more for a few mates, please let me know if you would like one! (the lance comes with 500ml of snow foam solution also)
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2012, 09:48 PM   #13
pavo335
Banned
Rep
Drives: 3.5 wheeler

i'd be interested to hear (not that i would use one but interested all the same) how you boys are finding the snow lance, i still have a little laugh at the vid.
Appreciate 0