E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > New Wheel Cleaner

03-31-2016, 07:13 PM   #1
ttribe
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 E93 335i

New Wheel Cleaner

So, since purchasing a BMW (the brake dust from the stock pads is horrible), it seems I've been on a constant search for a better wheel cleaner. I'd been using Sonax for the past couple of years and then got introduced to a new product through one of my friends in the local BMWCCA Chapter - https://www.wheelybrite.com/

Okay, a bit of a goofy name, but I tried it this last weekend and it was much easier to use and more effective than anything else I've tried in the past. I generally don't go around offering testimonials on products, but I'm really impressed with this one.
      04-07-2016, 04:11 PM   #2
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep
Drives: F32 435ix MSport

Garage List
Sonax is what I use - but then again I haven't run OEM pads for quite a while. I use Akebono Ceramic, virtually dust free, so even the Sonax is actually overkill

Good to hear reviews on different products that work well
F32 435ix//MGM//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Lthr Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK w/Bavsound Stg3//763M//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoilers-Side Splitters-Diffuser 6WB/ID6 HU+HUD/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/TS DV//AWE Tuning Exh w/Blk Tips//Turner MS CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff//PrecRW Ignition Kit
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2016, 09:49 AM   #3
ccraig13
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '07 E92 328xi 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QuikWS6
Sonax is what I use - but then again I haven't run OEM pads for quite a while. I use Akebono Ceramic, virtually dust free, so even the Sonax is actually overkill

Good to hear reviews on different products that work well
I am a fan of SONAX, but like you said, with the Akebonos I don't need it anymore
      05-06-2016, 07:46 PM   #4
Detailers Domain
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 20 M2C / 22 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttribe View Post
So, since purchasing a BMW (the brake dust from the stock pads is horrible), it seems I've been on a constant search for a better wheel cleaner. I'd been using Sonax for the past couple of years and then got introduced to a new product through one of my friends in the local BMWCCA Chapter - https://www.wheelybrite.com/

Okay, a bit of a goofy name, but I tried it this last weekend and it was much easier to use and more effective than anything else I've tried in the past. I generally don't go around offering testimonials on products, but I'm really impressed with this one.
thanks for the review but in the photo he didn't scrub but wiped off, you can use the sonax the same way by wiping and get some great results however your hands will be dirty LOL.
Appreciate 0