E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > someone bumped me from the back help!!!

11-29-2012, 03:59 PM   #23
Havok_2011
Canada
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 2011 M3 Coupe

If you are looking for a place on the east side, talk to Ron or Patrick at StreetXtreme. I have suggested them to lots of guys in the forums, all positive feedback. And they know me well.

Just say Nick - Greek guy with the white E92 sent you. They will take care of you.

StreetXtreme Automotive
8 Laidlaw Blvd, Unit 2e
Markham, Ontario L3P 1W6
T: 905 554 8628 | C: 416 885 3238 |

On a side note, its the other guys fault, so a proper shop will just get you an mtech bumper with diffuser (OEM from BMW) without issue.

Call Ron or Patrick, tell them what happened, and tell them you want to do with the rear bumper.

No worries, you should be fine.

If your back hurts....make sure you called your insurance by now, and let them know. If you decide to walk into a hospital, or go to your doctors and he recommends therapy...the guy that hit you will cover the cost through his insurance.

Good luck, hope you feel better soon.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2012, 04:07 PM   #24
Andy M
Canada
Rep
Drives: 09 BMW 335i xdrive

The reason tow truck drivers want to take it to wherever is because they get paid lump sum per tow, not by mileage. (at least that's what was explained to me) Also, a lot of them have buddies who own those shops or they're a part owner so they basically make more money off it.

For me, the tow truck guy wasn't too happy taking my car all the way to European Autobody.

I would highly highly recommend getting a lawyer, especially if injuries are involved. Dealing with insurance is not fun and even though I had a fairly severe injury, insurance company gave me nothing for compensation even though I was rear-ended (which is why my lawyer is suing now). Injuries can creep up for more than a year since the accident. For me it was my right wrist which basically limited my ability to work too (also nothing compensated from insurance!) Insurance companies love to take your money but when it comes to paying out, they try to make it as tough as possible. They didn't even pay my dad when he got cancer because they said he didn't submit a claim within 30 days of getting cancer (which is completely made up too).

I still recommend European Autobody because I've dealt with them. It's not close to where you are but they are the best in this city in my opinion AND a rental vehicle of equal or greater value should be provided for you since you're not at fault (and that is your right). European Autobody will give you a BMW and they'll have someone deliver it for you at the shop. They'll also arrange for the inspection with the insurance company so you have less to worry about.

Edit: oh and yes, after reading Nick's post StreetXtreme is also good too. Haven't personally had work done there though but I think I might get some work done there next year too.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2012, 07:15 PM   #25
monacoblue335
Rep
Drives: 2007 Montego Blue 335i coupe

+1 for European Auto body do a search you will find that they are the best BMW certified repair centre.

Just went through the same thing with my 2007 E92 335i got tapped in the rear end. The only negative about European is there expensive but your not paying so your car deserves the best. I can't even tell my bumper was repainted.

European has lots of eye candy Ferraris and Maserati's.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2012, 07:59 PM   #26
Darin911
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: First E92 to E90 conversion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monacoblue335 View Post
+1 for European Auto body do a search you will find that they are the best BMW certified repair centre.

Just went through the same thing with my 2007 E92 335i got tapped in the rear end. The only negative about European is there expensive but your not paying so your car deserves the best. I can't even tell my bumper was repainted.

European has lots of eye candy Ferraris and Maserati's.
+1 for European Auto Body. They did a really good job on my wide body
      11-29-2012, 08:58 PM   #27
murcielago07
Emperor
Botswana
Rep
Drives: E92 - 328i JB

thanks guys,
so you think repair shop can give me mtech rear bumper instead of OEM one?

Appreciate 0
      11-29-2012, 10:45 PM   #28
Yvette
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: M

since its not your fault, go to one of the best/expensive labour, recommended shop. Its expensive for reasons. even its just a bumper, there could be another minor/major damage inside.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2012, 10:54 PM   #29
Chris@codemybimmer
Canada
Rep
Drives: AW F30 328i Xdrive

take it to street extreme for people you can trust
I would take it to excellence auto for a BMW approved place if you choose to
when I got into an accident I got it fixed at excellence auto because my car was a lease and parkview made it mandatory to be fixed there
they are extremely nice and fixed it faster than expected (look at my thread) and the whole repair only took 2 weeks
I would've taken it to street extreme otherwise because I've dealt with Ron and Patrick before

also as far as I know if you want to get an upgrade (mtech rear bumper) you have to provide insurance with a proof of purchase
Ron and Patrick might do it for you but I know excellence auto would not. I tried lol
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2012, 12:13 PM   #30
drevil2k2
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 B9 A4

Make sure the Autobody shop does a complete and thorough teardown, just in case there is unseen damage, apart from the obvious bumper damage.

Last edited by drevil2k2; 11-30-2012 at 12:14 PM.. Reason: added text
Appreciate 0