E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > FRM Coding / AHL Failure

05-06-2018, 03:47 PM   #1
vilord
Major
Rep
Drives: E91, Tundra, TT, SV650

Garage List
FRM Coding / AHL Failure

Ahoy!

I've been in the process of retrofitting LCI bi-xenons into my ride, which originally came with bi-xenons, so this isn't a major rewire or anything.

I used ISTA/P to execute the retrofit, which seemed to work perfectly, except that the cornering lights weren't working. I found another retrofit for cornering lights and executed that, and now the AHL and auto headlight turnon doesn't work. When set to Auto, the LED does not light up, the headlights don't turn with the steering wheel, and the lights are just always on, day and night.

I used NCS Expert to remove the added VO code that ISTA/P put in for the cornering lights, and recoded the NFRM and FSZ modules.

No change.

I then removed the VO code for the LCI retrofit (+MUEG) and recoded, still no AHLs.

I then got frustrated and ran the full car coding with defaults. No help.

I then removed the VO code for xenons and AHL entirely and recoded, then added them back in and recoded... still nothing.

Any ideas for what else to try?
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2018, 11:17 AM   #2
vilord
Major
Rep
Drives: E91, Tundra, TT, SV650

Garage List
Nevermind!

Figured it out... I had coded out $521 from the VO about 4 years ago when trying to convince the wipers to work better, but I hadn't coded the NFRM at the time, so it kept on working until I swapped out the headlights... All is working again

But, from what I can tell, this means that for AHL to work, you need an RLS ($521) and the AHL modules and $522 for that. Might be useful info for someone else
Appreciate 0