E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > Silver 328xi Coupe on Rt. 80

01-17-2007, 10:31 AM   #1
BigO1120
3rd Degree
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Montego Blue 328xi

Silver 328xi Coupe on Rt. 80

Over the weekend I was on Rt. 80 East in the Paterson/West Paterson area and I saw a guy and his buddy in a silver 328xi coupe. As I passed him I honked the horn just to acknowledge a fellow BMW driver. All of a sudden this guy just zoomed right past me as if he wanted to race me. So I ended up catching up with him. We got off of the same exit on Rt. 80 (Squirrelwood Road) and I must have followed him for a good ½ a mile until he turned onto Maitland Avenue in W. Paterson. They kept looking at me as if they were saying “Who the ‘F’ is this guy and why is he honking at us?!?!”

If this guy is out there I just wanted to acknowledge a fellow BMW driver and the fact that your coupe looked hot!

Appreciate 0
      01-18-2007, 11:31 PM   #2
E91 Dude
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Car

Haha, some people just don't have the same camraderie (for lack of better word) about our cars as most users on this forum.

On an unrelated story, a few nights ago I was stopped at a light and honked my horn to get the attention of the car next to me (not an E9X). The other driver ignored me and had a frightened/disgusted look on his face as if I was terrorizing him or something like that. Since my subsequent honkings failed to make him turn and look towards me, I put down my windows and yelled, "Turn on your lights!" His reaction afterwards was funny because he clutched his heart and gave me a thumbs up in relief that I wasn't trying to carjack him (or whatever he thought my original intentions were).
Appreciate 0