E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Need some Procede V5 Help for 335is DCT

01-13-2013, 07:44 PM   #1
M3coupe
Private
Rep
Drives: 335is

Need some Procede V5 Help for 335is DCT

To begin, I completed a fresh install of a brand new Procede V5 Rev3 shipped directly from Vishnu. I have a 335is with the DTC transmission. Installed per the latest video on youtube (mod guide.tv).
Fired up the engine and runs super smooth for the requested 3minutes. All looks good so I button up the engine bay and pull out for a drive. Map 1 active. Enter the street out of the driveway and get on it slightly. at 3K rpm throws my DTC into Neutral. Yikes?
We put it back in gear and try again but with slightly more throttle. Bam, like hitting a brick wall at 3.5K rpm. Reduced power engine, Transmission error, limp mode. Lots going on. Pull over, turn off, sit, restart and I get back home to call Robert at Vishnu. This is all on Thursday, last week.
Robert runs me thru all reset procedures etc. Re-try the above run and errors repeat. We then try the run after clearing lights error (I am INPA user and will get to the codes in a minute) and put in MAP 0 to see if problem persists.
All appears good and no issues, and I report this to Robert. With this being the case it appears issue is with Procede or wire harness, not the install. Robert asked for a DataLog to better diagnose. That was completed and sent last week.
I would consider myself very mechanical and slightly technical. This is my lead in to the my statement that, "My install was done 100% correct".
Well not being able to just sit idle all weekend I decided to go out in MAP 0 and try another hard run to see if all problems really were gone in bypass MAP and low and behold they were not. At WOT in 3/4th gear I was able to duplicate the issues listed above even in MAP 0??? Next logical thing is to rule out the car so I went thru complete uninstall of Procede.
Out for the test drive and I can say without a doubt that everything is functioning 100% correctly. NO issues.
So, issue it either Tune hardware(Procede or Harnass) or Install. I therefore try to rule out install by going thru the complete install again as slowly and methodically as possible. I say again, it is installed correct.
Now for my question to any of you still reading. Do you think that my Procede was shipped with the wrong Maps that will not work for the DTC transmission (even though the zip lock bag the unit was in said 7-29maps 2011 335is DTC) or something else. I attached a photo with my error Codes pulled using INPA (I believe these are very accurate). Part of me thinks that it is a power issue to the Procede when I really start to get on the car. I found another forum member state a very similar issue (threw same codes) and said the problem was the power wire plug not completely in and securing that connection fixed his problem.
Even though I had checked that connection thoroughly I still that power supply is some part of my problem.
As I mentioned earlier, I'm running INPA and pulled a screen shot of my error codes. See attachment
Ideas anyone?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-13-2013, 08:04 PM   #2
themyst
Major General
South Korea
Rep
Drives: '16 MK7 GTI

I would say defective harness / box. If the car starts fine and idles fine but starts acting up without any obvious codes, I would attribute it to something in the hardware.
      01-14-2013, 09:14 AM   #3
M3coupe
Private
Rep

Thanks Myst, Just noticed on my Wire harness packaging that it says M3 on it. Wonder if that matters or if the M3 harness is the same?
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2013, 09:21 AM   #4
TurboSid
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4Cx BSM/FR

Garage List
2008 335i  [0.00]
as far as i know there is no procede for m3. i am using the same maps on my 11 335is dct so seems like something install or hardware related

are you sure all of the connectors on the harness are facing the proper directions?

2022 BSM/FR M4 Competition X-Drive
2017 MW/SO M4 ZCP [SOLD] • 2015 MW/SO M4 M-DCT FBO [SOLD] • 2011 AW/CR 335is DCT FBO [SOLD] • 2008 AW/CR 335i 6MT FBO [SOLD]
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2013, 09:26 AM   #5
M3coupe
Private
Rep

Thanks for the input. I'm open to any thoughts on this as I know a problem free tune is available for this car. I thought so to on the tune for the M3? Not sure why thats on the package. As for as connector install, I'm as sure as anyone could be, plus if one was incorrect it would have to have been installed incorrect twice now and I gotta think I would be having way more/different issues with a connector in the wrong way?
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2013, 09:42 AM   #6
Laguna Seca Blue
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 E92 | N55 F15 | N55 E70

There is indeed a PROcede for the M3, it's used to control methanol injection. I have absolutely no idea how the wires look in the M3's ECU box, but I very much doubt that the connectors are the same, so if you have the wrong harness, I'm pretty sure it would be blatantly obvious.

I would suggest trying to reload the firmware and maps from the Vishnu website, but I feel like that would have been part of the troubleshooting process Robert would have gone through with you. If not, give it a try.
PROcede Rev3 V5 | AE Quad Exhaust | BMW Performance Short Shift Kit | Gunmetal 19" M3 GTS Wheels | BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDW 2 | AST 4100 Coilovers | Swift Springs F:280 R:560 | ER Charge Pipe | Tial Blue BOV | VRSF 3" Downpipes | VRSF 7" Intercooler

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=782212
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2013, 02:36 PM   #7
Milan_K
Sweden
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Have the same error on my car. Have just installed Procede rev 2.5 V5. Is there anyone who has had similar problems and have managed to solve it?
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2013, 04:45 PM   #8
dirtmaster666
"J" BONE
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

My guess would also be that the wrong maps and firmware are loaded. If I remember correctly there is certain maps and firmware for dct
procede v5 rev3, afe dual cone intake, full catless exhaust with muffler delete, hm style carbon fibre lip, 235/35/19,275/30/19 satin black linea corse818, H&R sport springs, Vishnu charge pipe with forged diverter valves, matte black kidneys, mtec superwhite angel eyes and fogs, bms cdv ER fmic, VRSF coated DP. Vishnu pwm meth kit
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2013, 04:49 PM   #9
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtmaster666 View Post
My guess would also be that the wrong maps and firmware are loaded. If I remember correctly there is certain maps and firmware for dct
That is correct. Please make sure you are running the DCT version of the map/fw as it allows for a boost reduction during gear changes.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2013, 05:35 PM   #10
Milan_K
Sweden
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Thanks for the input!
Is it fimrware pro5v108.bin that I should use from the zip folder (7-29 N54 v5 User Tuning Auto Tuning.zip) that I have downloaded from vishnutuning.com?
Correct map is also in the same zip folder- (7-29 v5 Auto Tuning Tuning_User BETA_\ Rev2.5 and rev3\ rev2.5 and rev3\Stock Turbo\7-29 7DCT DIC.pcd)
Is this correct? I have Procede rev 2.5 V5.
Appreciate 0