E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > BMW CODING success

03-16-2011, 08:33 PM   #2311
VitaminXX
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW E39 525i

Hi All,

Before read this thread, I downloaded INPA and Ediabas from the internet. Firstly I installed Ediabas 6.4.3 and INPA 4.4.7 for my laptop (OS is Win 7), however, this did not work on my Win 7. So, downloaed "Ediabas 6.4.7 and INPA 5.0.2" from the internet again, and upgrate the original INPA and Ediabas. My cable is K+D Can and it is able to talk with my car. I use INPA to check most of modules, except smoe modules like remote contro module. I have some questions for you smart guys,

1. My current cable setting is able to talk with my car through INPA except some modules, and my Com port setting is Com3. Do I have to change the Com port from 3 to 1? Will this help to read all modules? (I will try it tonight)

2. My NCS Expert is unable to run win 7 and I definitely need to use the OP version. When I extracted the NCSExpert.rar, it has 3 folders, INPA, Ediabas and NCExpert. I think I need to copy the NCSExpert to replace my NCSExpert. But, if you were me, would you replace INPA and Ediabas also?
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2011, 08:41 PM   #2312
VitaminXX
Enlisted Member
Rep

This DIY is fantastic for newbie. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalud View Post
Fun fact.

The main seller, mentionned in the DIY Guide and the first post of this thread sold 102 unit on ebay (ranging from 75 to 119 usd each). This is only the K+DCAN USB cable. In fact, including all the BMW serial and usb OBD interface cables the count raise to 148 unit. Interesting

Source here
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2011, 08:52 PM   #2313
Neutrino45
Major
Rep
Drives: XXX

Quote:
Fun fact.

The main seller, mentionned in the DIY Guide and the first post of this thread sold 102 unit on ebay (ranging from 75 to 119 usd each). This is only the K+DCAN USB cable. In fact, including all the BMW serial and usb OBD interface cables the count raise to 148 unit. Interesting

Source here
I'm sure he's sold more than that because I have more than 300 people using the spreadsheet (assuming everyone followed the guide/DIY's suggestion).

I'm happy for the seller. He was very helpful in coming to this thread to explain the differences between the cables, provide technical details, and answering questions. It helped a lot because we were lost on what cable to buy and certain vendor was trying to over charge us for cables.
      03-16-2011, 09:25 PM   #2314
xxxjecxxx
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i M sport

Garage List
2013 BMW 335i  [0.00]
2006 BMW 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutrino45 View Post
I'm sure he's sold more than that because I have more than 300 people using the spreadsheet (assuming everyone followed the guide/DIY's suggestion).

I'm happy for the seller. He was very helpful in coming to this thread to explain the differences between the cables, provide technical details, and answering questions. It helped a lot because we were lost on what cable to buy and certain vendor was trying to over charge us for cables.
+1
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2011, 09:58 PM   #2315
Thirdy
Private
Rep
Drives: F48 Estroril Blue M-Sport

Quote:
Fun fact.

Source here

maybe I can ask him for some discount then or if I can get it at the price like other buyers from this thread ( $85 ). As of now the seller doesn't have any current listing for a k+dcan cable. I am still waiting and hopefully I can still make an offer whenever seller will list them.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2011, 10:20 PM   #2316
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 Cayman GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaminXX View Post
Hi All,

Before read this thread, I downloaded INPA and Ediabas from the internet. Firstly I installed Ediabas 6.4.3 and INPA 4.4.7 for my laptop (OS is Win 7), however, this did not work on my Win 7. So, downloaed "Ediabas 6.4.7 and INPA 5.0.2" from the internet again, and upgrate the original INPA and Ediabas. My cable is K+D Can and it is able to talk with my car. I use INPA to check most of modules, except smoe modules like remote contro module. I have some questions for you smart guys,

1. My current cable setting is able to talk with my car through INPA except some modules, and my Com port setting is Com3. Do I have to change the Com port from 3 to 1? Will this help to read all modules? (I will try it tonight)

2. My NCS Expert is unable to run win 7 and I definitely need to use the OP version. When I extracted the NCSExpert.rar, it has 3 folders, INPA, Ediabas and NCExpert. I think I need to copy the NCSExpert to replace my NCSExpert. But, if you were me, would you replace INPA and Ediabas also?
I would start from scratch following the instructions at ********* dot com in the Beginner's Lounge. If you start with the package they have and (if necessary) update your daten with the other link to code newer cars, you should be ok. But yes, you need to be using COM1 unless you want to edit some INI file to specify an alternate COM port (not sure what the file is; I found it easier to rearrange my COM port numbering).
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2011, 10:26 PM   #2317
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirdy View Post
maybe I can ask him for some discount then or if I can get it at the price like other buyers from this thread ( $85 ). As of now the seller doesn't have any current listing for a k+dcan cable. I am still waiting and hopefully I can still make an offer whenever seller will list them.
The seller now only accepts $90.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2011, 11:12 PM   #2318
Wissam
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 e90 328I

[In the FRM sub-module, I changed DRL_V_GEDIMMT from nicht_aktiv back to aktiv, the high beam DRL came back ON...then I changed TAGFAHRLICHT_ECE from aktiv to nicht_aktiv, the high beam DRL are still ON...I did all this at night so couldn't verify if the Auto Headlights function is now back to normal or if the low beams are still always on when in Auto...]

Quote:
Originally Posted by DESI4life10 View Post
I will check my file to see if another line was coded. I now remember there may have been a 2nd line that needed to be coded as well along with the TAGFAHRLICHT_ECE line. Stay tuned :-)
DESI4life10, thanks for your help, it seems to work now! here is what happened: Last night when I did the coding as I mentioned above, I drove my car immediately after coding and the high beam DRL was still ON, also noticed that the turn signal now blinks only once eventhough it's set to 3X. Came back after a 10 minute drive, checked again and now the turn signal blinks 3X as it should, but the high beam DRL is still ON, so I wrote the post above. This morning when I started the car, the high beam DRL did not come ON, and the Auto Headlights functions is back to normal. Also, when I coded the TAGFAHRLICHT_ECE into another car (2006 330), it did the same thing, first time I started the car after coding, the DRL was still ON, I shut car off then restarted it and DRL went OFF...So seems like the coding needed two car starts for it to take effect! I'll update the spreadsheet...
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2011, 12:18 AM   #2319
VitaminXX
Enlisted Member
Rep

Thanks.
Help me out of daten. What is daten for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphughan View Post
I would start from scratch following the instructions at ********* dot com in the Beginner's Lounge. If you start with the package they have and (if necessary) update your daten with the other link to code newer cars, you should be ok. But yes, you need to be using COM1 unless you want to edit some INI file to specify an alternate COM port (not sure what the file is; I found it easier to rearrange my COM port numbering).
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2011, 03:28 AM   #2320
bimal296
Mauritius
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Hi,

Can anyone help me find which module to code the sitzmemory.
its present in the fsw.psw trc file
Last Time I coded in the main CAS file before the car
went for SW update

Thx
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2011, 07:09 AM   #2321
DESI4life10
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: Coding: Desi4life10@gmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wissam View Post
DESI4life10, thanks for your help, it seems to work now! here is what happened: Last night when I did the coding as I mentioned above, I drove my car immediately after coding and the high beam DRL was still ON, also noticed that the turn signal now blinks only once eventhough it's set to 3X. Came back after a 10 minute drive, checked again and now the turn signal blinks 3X as it should, but the high beam DRL is still ON, so I wrote the post above. This morning when I started the car, the high beam DRL did not come ON, and the Auto Headlights functions is back to normal. Also, when I coded the TAGFAHRLICHT_ECE into another car (2006 330), it did the same thing, first time I started the car after coding, the DRL was still ON, I shut car off then restarted it and DRL went OFF...So seems like the coding needed two car starts for it to take effect! I'll update the spreadsheet...
No problem Wissam.

It is a good idea after you do the coding to take the keykob out of the slot, lock the car (while your inside), wait about 15 seconds, unlock the car and then start it. This puts the car in a semi sleep mode.

When it was coded on mines, if was off as soon as we started it (after locking and unlocking).
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2011, 08:06 AM   #2322
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaminXX View Post
Thanks.
Help me out of daten. What is daten for?
Daten are basically the files that tell NCS Expert how to interface with newer modules on newer cars. BMW releases them periodically and if you have a newer car you'll need a newer release to access all of its features. The latest complete version I've been able to find on the Internet is V39 for most models, but there's a complete set of V40 only for E9x cars if you use the MediaFire link on *********'s Getting Started Guide. The other V40 torrents and such seem to be missing some of the key folders (SGDat and ECU).
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2011, 08:31 AM   #2323
q_jonblaze
Captain
Rep
Drives: e93

neutrino.....acess requested plss....nanakw*****
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2011, 09:00 AM   #2324
!MAD!
Belarus
Rep
Drives: E90, 325i (3.0), 6MT

hi!
What do you think about this cable? Is it the same as described one here?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-E...motiveQ5fTools

or

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-U...motiveQ5fTools

can I play with DME, change the milage and so on using this cables?
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2011, 02:18 PM   #2325
Magic Man
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan

Los Angeles Area?

Anyone available in Los Angeles to code my 2007 e90 Sedan? I want to do the windows up/down and mirrors in code modifications.

If local, I'll bring the car to you and pay reasonable $$$!

Please PM me if interested. Thanks.

Last edited by Magic Man; 03-17-2011 at 02:34 PM.. Reason: corrected grammar
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2011, 03:21 PM   #2326
rice4u
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

i am looking for windows up/down and auto mirrors fold in during lock, and unfold during unlock.

anyone in socal PM me details.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2011, 03:34 PM   #2327
eekthecat
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 428i

Same here in socal, please PM me if you code... (I think LTBMW does coding too)
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2011, 03:37 PM   #2328
DESI4life10
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: Coding: Desi4life10@gmail.com

I would create a seperate thread instead of posting it here. You may get more responses.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2011, 04:02 PM   #2329
rice4u
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DESI4life10 View Post
I would create a seperate thread instead of posting it here. You may get more responses.
i didnt want to get,
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2011, 04:05 PM   #2330
orangedawg
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 328xi

Just did my first coding! Did the digital speed code. Worked just fine. When I get a bit more brave, I'll try the windows/sunroof close with key fob. So, many thanks to all so far.

If you would prefer to code from your home instead of using laptop inside car, I got a usb/ethernet extension cable and used an ethernet cable (car cable --- usb male to female cable ---ethenet cable--- usb male to female cable --- computer). I've attached links on the products I used. Now I can code from my couch or home computer! Thought this might help someone. BTW, it says you can use up to 150' of ethernet cable, I used 50' and it worked just perfect out of the box! Shipping was about $7.

Monoprice:
usb to ethernet cable for $12.40:
http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2

50' ethernet cable for $5.30:
http://www.monoprice.com/products/su...=10208#1020812

They also have a 32' usb extension cable as well that I bought but have not used yet for $8.93:
http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2

Hope this helps!
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2011, 09:21 PM   #2331
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by !MAD! View Post
hi!
What do you think about this cable? Is it the same as described one here?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-E...motiveQ5fTools

or

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-U...motiveQ5fTools

can I play with DME, change the milage and so on using this cables?
For the cables, it may work, it may not. But all the instructions assume you're using the indicated cable, so don't be surprised if it doesn't work. Why not just wait a couple weeks until the seller has the cable most everyone has been working with has more stock?

I don't know whether the cable allows you to interface with DME, but the software under discussion here definitely doesn't. And I'm not even going to touch the whole changing the mileage on your car.... remind me not to buy a car from you.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2011, 09:23 PM   #2332
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rice4u View Post
i am looking for windows up/down and auto mirrors fold in during lock, and unfold during unlock.

anyone in socal PM me details.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eekthecat View Post
Same here in socal, please PM me if you code... (I think LTBMW does coding too)
Talk to Mike@PowerChip, a member on this forum. He has a thread going here: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...36#post9147736
Appreciate 0