E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > VOB BMW in rockville MD SUCKS!!

12-17-2011, 12:46 AM   #1
bilobag
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i coupe

Thumbs down VOB BMW in rockville MD SUCKS!!

So today was terrible for me. I went to pick up my bmw 328ci from the dealership after 7 days to get the radio and seatbelt arm repaired. When I got in the car I noticed that the odometer read 181 miles more than when I left it there. I even have a picture of my dashboard right when I dropped off the car. So even after this hard evidence, they claim that it could be the digital key reading the mileage incorrectly which is bs because I have a picture of the odometer and their paperwork also matches the mileage from my picture. The district manager even came in with a piece of paper with the mileage in kilometers and incorrectly converted it to miles to show that the mileage wasn't that high. After i used my iphone to convert it correctly and even did it on google, he finally stopped trying to treat me like a fool. On top of that I noticed scratches on the front bumper that were definitely not there when i dropped it off. I can't stand that dealerships won't treat their customers correctly. So now they have agreed to fix the scratches but they offered me $1000 towards the purchase of an extended warranty. Why the hell would I want to give them more money to purchase an extended warranty that I'm not interested in purchasing. I would much rather have either cash or have them give me the warranty instead of forcing me to spend money to buy one. All I really want is for them to admit that it actually happened and to compensate me fairly for it. The thing that pisses me off the most is that they keep denying it and claiming that they are offering me the fix and warranty discount in "good faith" since i am a "loyal customer". I am a fair and reasonable person, but this is just ridiculous and they need to treat their customers appropriately. These car dealers are such d-bags and I think they should get whats coming to them. I have no power to do anything so I'm hoping this story will at least help people prevent this from happening and to hurt the reputation of one of the worst dealerships I've ever used. I know many people have said it before but VOB BMW in Rockville MD is the worst dealership around!! Does anyone have any suggestions about what I should do? What to ask for compensation? Should I contact a lawyer? I may even contact the police because it seems like a crime to me.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2011, 01:22 AM   #2
J3NGOe90
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335i 6speed MT only!

+11111111111
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2011, 01:54 AM   #3
utfenix335i
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i; 2015 X5 50i

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Wow... That sucks. Being that VOB is my service shop as well, I'm worried. Do you remember who your service advisor was? I don't understand why people just don't come up and admit their fault or the fault of some people. Owning up to it takes the wind out of an angry customer's sails... not doing so just makes us even more upset. We pay a premium for our cars... and expect the service to be what we pay for.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2011, 07:40 AM   #4
cssnms
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335d

Place pretty much sucks, which is why I am going to Ticher from now on.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2011, 10:25 AM   #5
Stucks
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F30 340i Xdrive

Last time i was there, they lost my car for an hour after it was done. Didnt put any miles on it, but the fact that they couldnt "find" my car for an hour and delayed me extra time to my next errand for that day, really annoyed me. Never went back there. Shit-ass service for a 50k car? No thanks.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2011, 11:12 AM   #6
bilobag
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i coupe

I actually did ask for the scratches repaired and a free 3 year mechanical extended warranty. I don't think they are taking this seriously because he just said he would forward the request to upper management and his offer still stands. I will definitely be moving to Tischer as it has much better reviews. VOB looks terribly managed and everyone throws keys all over the place for anybody to access without a process. I am seriously considering exploring every avenue including a lawyer, the police, blogs, local news and the consumer protection agency. This really needs to be exposed so it doesn't happen to others. For all I know they could've bee doing donuts in the car while making a drug delivery...
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2011, 11:55 AM   #7
johnnyg238
Drive it like you stole it
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Sapphire Black M340i

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
"For all I know they could've bee doing donuts in the car while making a drug delivery..."

word...
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2011, 02:44 PM   #8
btinl
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '15 F32, '14 F25

I bought my 335xi from VOB. My CA was great (He has since moved to Alexandria). I never serviced the car at VOB because I moved out of MD shortly after the purchase. I guess I'm glad I didn't have to deal with their service dept.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2011, 08:17 AM   #9
cssnms
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335d

I hear VOB was just bought by EuroMotorcars. Hoping/expecting some good things to come out of this transaction. First order of business as I hear it is, EuroMotorcars will be cleaning house! Hopefully they start with the service department.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2011, 11:15 AM   #10
catcher22
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe

VOB was by far the closest dealership to me for years (till I moved), but I never once ventured there because of so many stories like yours.

Try Tischer or Sterling - the latter is a long drive for you, but they won't pull that kinda stuff.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2011, 11:29 AM   #11
Stucks
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F30 340i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcher22 View Post
VOB was by far the closest dealership to me for years (till I moved), but I never once ventured there because of so many stories like yours.

Try Tischer or Sterling - the latter is a long drive for you, but they won't pull that kinda stuff.
+1, I live 3 miles from vob lol

I have heard nothing but positive things about tischer and sterling is supposed to be very good as well!
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2011, 02:39 PM   #12
krayzie089
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 3351 coupe

I go to the dealer in Silver Spring and im happy with there service department.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2011, 03:25 PM   #13
cole92
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: too much

Yup, VOB sucks badly.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2011, 04:15 PM   #14
IDreamofBimmers
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 VW GTI

Funny thing is when I had my E90 I went to Tischer because of the reviews, but the service was horrible! VOB was always good to me... interesting... this was late '09 though
      06-11-2013, 09:43 PM   #15
BMW_335i_Coupe
Registered
Rep
Drives: 335i

Bad Service Experience At VOB Rockville As Well

The last time I took my 335i for an oil change at VOB Rockville, which was prior to the change to BMW of Rockville about a year ago, the car was returned with some small scratches on the passenger door along with grease in the same area. When I confronted the service manager on duty he suggested I call back during the week and speak with Brian Blakeslee the service department manager since it was a Saturday. Just as alarming was the way that the customers vehicles brought in for service was being driven by the service technicians to and from the service bays.

Later that week I spoke with Brian Blakesleen and he basically told me that this kind of thing happens - like customers shouldn't be surprised to sustain damage to their vehicles when brought in for service and he suggested that if I was concerned about it happening again I could contact him before bringing my car in for service.

Since Priority 1 has purchased what is now known as BMW of Rockville, I wonder if anything other than offering BMW's as loaners has changed. It's the closest dealer, but I'm willing to drive a bit further if BMW of Silver Spring will offer a better service experience.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2013, 11:46 PM   #16
kihun
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92

post it on regional forum
      06-12-2013, 02:59 PM   #17
catcher22
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe

I posted a reply to this thread back in 2011. Since then, they have gone through facelifts, management changes, customers, etc. And they still suck!?!? wow sad
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2013, 04:07 PM   #18
vsky330i
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i

Just to share my PM w. everyone

Hey there,
I have to say I am not surprised that Rockville treated your car like crap and gave it back to you like crap. IMO I've been there twice because I too live closer to Rockville and didn't have time to go to Tischer BMW in Silver Spring...and never will it happen a 3rd time.

I am not exaggerating here. Rockville has a front of excellent customer service but they just try to get the car in and out as quickly as possible because of all the rich folks in the area getting their 5, 7, M's fixed up for more money.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND Tischer BMW of Silver Spring. I bought my car from there and I drive 30-40minutes just to go there for service (I live off River Rd.) I ask for Kristina Williams who has been my service advisor since 09-present and has helped me put in claims for 10 tires and has helped me out in so many different occassions. I always give her a little cash on the side for both her and my mechanic (for a nice lunch) because they always do a great job. They also always keep me in the loop about the timeline of service, and give me a loaner car extension when needed.

Simply put, call Tischer, ask for Service Advisor Kristina Williams (may not be available b/c last time I heard, she was on maternity leave) and tell them Mr. Paik sent you. Ask for AMOS. He's my mechanic. He installed the LUX 5.0HID Angel Eyes on my 06 330i with no problems. Haven't been there recently bc my warranty is expired even with all the hook ups they give me, but hope this helps bro. STAY AWAY FROM ROCKVILLE BMW SERVICE AT ALL COSTS!!
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2013, 04:13 PM   #19
vsky330i
Rep

Oh and to answer the original thread owners questions about what to do? Just find out the GM's info/email, send him a direct detailed complaint about what happened to not only your car but your previous experiences, wait for his reply. If hes not there, go there, ask the receptionist for the SALES MANAGER, ask the SALES MANAGER for the GM and talk to him directly about your problems with service. The only way to get things done in a dealership, whether its Toyota, Honda, BMW, or Mercedes is taking it directly to the GM or co-GM. If they don't compensate you with some free service or a refund, then tell them you have pictures and evidence of service records to take to a lawyer. That's just what I'd do, considering I work at a dealership and know that the only complaints that ever get resolved is by taking straight to the GM. Hope this helps and gluck.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2013, 06:38 PM   #20
Drrncour
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsky330i View Post
Oh and to answer the original thread owners questions about what to do? Just find out the GM's info/email, send him a direct detailed complaint about what happened to not only your car but your previous experiences, wait for his reply. If hes not there, go there, ask the receptionist for the SALES MANAGER, ask the SALES MANAGER for the GM and talk to him directly about your problems with service. The only way to get things done in a dealership, whether its Toyota, Honda, BMW, or Mercedes is taking it directly to the GM or co-GM. If they don't compensate you with some free service or a refund, then tell them you have pictures and evidence of service records to take to a lawyer. That's just what I'd do, considering I work at a dealership and know that the only complaints that ever get resolved is by taking straight to the GM. Hope this helps and gluck.

Hopefully it's sorted now. The OP posted this issue two years ago.
Cree angel eyes - 19" 313 OEM alloy wheels - 15mm rear spacers - Black performance Grilles - Alloy pedals - Tinted windows - Shadowline trim - M3 rear Spoiler - Tail light mod - LED interior lighting - k&n panel Filter - Performance Diffuser - Carbon Badges alround - Bluetooth - Air intake scoops - Painted Calipers - Custom Stainless Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2013, 12:54 AM   #21
vsky330i
Rep

Yea it was a big problem for me about 2-3 years ago and I left several survey's discussing these issues. I had things stolen out of my vehicle as well. Nothing huge....just my super rare Easton Z2K bat which is worth about $1-2k now on ebay and my $300 wilson A2000 baseball glove. Now that I think about...bad memories

Last edited by vsky330i; 06-19-2013 at 12:56 AM.. Reason: adding note
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2013, 02:24 AM   #22
Aquarius
Registered
Rep
Drives: Montego Blue 328i xDrive

Wish I found out about this before I went there. Yup. BMW of Rockville can go to hell.

Just bought my car from them... showed it to my detailing buddy after the sale, who said that there was paint work done on it. I took it to an appraiser who went around the car with a paint density meter and everywhere was measuring pretty high except for the trunk and roof.

They didn't disclose that prior work had been done, and carfax was clean. But you can definitely feel the differences on the edges and see that the bolts were moved. Told the dealer about it 2 days after the sale and tried to get them to take it back, obviously it's like talking to a rock. Spent about 5 hours of my day waiting and trying to talk to the right people.

They said Ric the GM was out on vacation for the next week.
And can only talk to Nicholas the "Assistant GM" who just ignored me.
Then talked with the new car sales manager and the used car sales manager.
They said they can buy it back for $10k less than the original purchase price which just isn't do-able.

So calling the Attorney General today as well as having a talk with my lawyer.

I know there's no cancellation period, but there has to be laws against sellers not disclosing body work and selling it as if it were in pristine factory condition.

All in all, I know it's buyer's beware. But... auto fraud is still auto fraud to me.
Appreciate 0