E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Headlight retro help

02-14-2009, 07:52 PM   #1
ezcivic type r
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i

Headlight retro help

Ok, so I have the stock Xenon Headlights on my 335i but they are pretty beat up and have a ton of scratches on the the front cover that they look a little foggy. I really like the look of the clear corner lights from the Euros but i'm not about to spend a grand just to have clear corners.

Well I saw on ebay they have after market headlights with the clear corners, but I know those lights are crap and people have a ton of problems with them.

My idea is to just take the whole front plastic housing off the ebay lights and put them on my stock lights. I figure since its just the housing thats messed up on my stocks, i could just replace it and get the clear corner look as well.

I dont know how compatible they are with each other or if the housings are the same size and interchangeable, but thats something I would like to see if anyone who bought them would know. I know I'm gonna have to seal the housing very well so they dont fog up, but I got a buddy that does a good job with custom lights. what do you guys think?
Appreciate 0