E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > advice/recommendation for interior n leatherette

09-15-2009, 07:34 PM   #1
Sal G@Camber-Toe
Rep
Drives: E92 335xi 6mt

advice/recommendation for interior n leatherette

I've been kind of neglecting the interior of the car when doing my washes and starting to see the result of it. I have leatherette and im not sure sure if the "leather" on the steering wheel and dash is also leatherette or actual leather. I want some recommendations on what to use to clean the trim/vinyl/plastics parts as well as the columns which have that cloth like material. I've seen a few products that are good for everything but I wanna know whats good. Any input is appreciated, thanks.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2009, 02:30 PM   #2
Sal G@Camber-Toe
Rep
Drives: E92 335xi 6mt

anyone?
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2009, 08:06 PM   #3
icandie
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 328i

i use 303 aerospace on my leatherette. its been recommended many times on here and I've had good results with it for the seats/dash etc. About the cloth covered parts, I'm not sure - maybe mild soap and water?

http://www.detailedimage.com/303-M2/...-P12/16-oz-S1/
08 E92 Black Sapphire 328i / Cream Beige / 6MT / Sport / L7 / OEM Aero Lip / OEM M3 Rear Spoiler / OEM Matte Black Grills / Smoked Reflectors / MTEC H8 Super White Fogs / LUX H8 / H&R Sport / Breyton Race GTS

cream on the inside, clean on the outside ... i love my bmw
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2009, 07:51 PM   #4
Detailed Image
United_States
Rep
Drives: Detailed by Detailed Image

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesalg View Post
I've been kind of neglecting the interior of the car when doing my washes and starting to see the result of it. I have leatherette and im not sure sure if the "leather" on the steering wheel and dash is also leatherette or actual leather. I want some recommendations on what to use to clean the trim/vinyl/plastics parts as well as the columns which have that cloth like material. I've seen a few products that are good for everything but I wanna know whats good. Any input is appreciated, thanks.
A great one step product to use on your vinyl, rubber, leather, leatherette, and plastic is Optimum Protectant Plus. It has some mild cleaners in it and leaves behind some UV protection with a matte finish. 303 Aerospace Protectant is also a good option as a dressing and UV protectant as icandie mentioned. Optimum offers some cleaning capabilities though, where 303 does not (it usually cleans mildly by the liquid and microfiber that you use to apply it with).

For the cloth like material, use a diluted all purpose cleaner or something like 303 Cleaner & Spot Remover for a simple option.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions on caring for your interior or any part of your car for that matter.

George
Appreciate 0