E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Anyone else bored at work?

03-29-2013, 09:48 AM   #1871
MrRetep
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 435i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135Pats View Post
TGIF. I’m hoping to leave the office a bit early today to meet up with family, I haven’t taken any unscheduled vacation this year and haven’t left the office early either, so I think it’s justified. And like 70% of the office isn’t even in today. I had a dream last night that my car insurance was $900 per month, I just about pissed myself lol.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2013, 10:07 AM   #1872
Colt
Spoolin' & droolin'
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRetep View Post
Always a classic tune to play on friday

My mechanic is alive, on vacation, gonna call me monday. Finally gonna get DPs and front lip installed
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2013, 12:12 PM   #1873
MrRetep
First Lieutenant
Rep

i hate when fridays go bad
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2013, 02:39 PM   #1874
My335iTT
Moooore Power!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Space Grey 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRetep View Post
i hate when fridays go bad
x2 The wife is being a bish so I guarantee I will be doing nothing tonight :-/

SeanE92 - SCAMMER
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2013, 08:31 AM   #1875
135Pats
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A few BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angerman View Post
Always a classic tune to play on friday

My mechanic is alive, on vacation, gonna call me monday. Finally gonna get DPs and front lip installed
LMK how that lip does in MD, I’ve come damn close to pulling the trigger on a Kerscher lip several times, but DD’ing in DC…it just seems destined to get shattered within a few weeks.

Hope everyone had a nice weekend. Back to work!

F30 N55 XDrive EBII
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2013, 11:03 AM   #1876
Colt
Spoolin' & droolin'
United_States
Rep

Quote:
LMK how that lip does in MD, I’ve come damn close to pulling the trigger on a Kerscher lip several times, but DD’ing in DC…it just seems destined to get shattered within a few weeks.

Hope everyone had a nice weekend. Back to work!
Yea the roads are horrendous in MD. I pretty much know where all the imperfections are by now around my area though; but still kind of worries me.

My car has started to puff smoke, a good amount of smoke, when in traffic in 1st gear at about less than 5mph traveling. I can see it out my back window
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2013, 11:23 AM   #1877
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep
Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo

Its snowing in Syracuse right now....it was 55 yesterday.

Fuck this city.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2013, 12:03 PM   #1878
135Pats
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yea the roads are horrendous in MD. I pretty much know where all the imperfections are by now around my area though; but still kind of worries me.

My car has started to puff smoke, a good amount of smoke, when in traffic in 1st gear at about less than 5mph traveling. I can see it out my back window
Do you still have primary cats in? Does the smoke have a distinct smell or color? You could/probably are burning oil like no one’s business. Any changes when the car is warm vs. cold? A lot of cars will smoke with the cats pulled obviously, but “normal” amounts of oil blowby on this motor shouldn’t be producing smoke like that with the primary cats in place. You should really consider an OCC, upgraded PCV valve, and new oil filter housing gasket. Luckily, none of those parts are brutally expensive, and the PCV+OCC can be done on your own if you have some patience. The OFHG is close to free if you DIY, but that takes some time. Sorry your car is being an asshole dude
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenVert View Post
Its snowing in Syracuse right now....it was 55 yesterday.

Fuck this city.
Dude. That sucks

F30 N55 XDrive EBII
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2013, 12:15 PM   #1879
Colt
Spoolin' & droolin'
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Do you still have primary cats in? Does the smoke have a distinct smell or color? You could/probably are burning oil like no one’s business. Any changes when the car is warm vs. cold? A lot of cars will smoke with the cats pulled obviously, but “normal” amounts of oil blowby on this motor shouldn’t be producing smoke like that with the primary cats in place. You should really consider an OCC, upgraded PCV valve, and new oil filter housing gasket. Luckily, none of those parts are brutally expensive, and the PCV+OCC can be done on your own if you have some patience. The OFHG is close to free if you DIY, but that takes some time. Sorry your car is being an asshole dude
Yea stock downpipes are still on, N55 midpipes. I already have an OCC, might look into the oil filter though...and I don't smell the smoke, it seems to be white smoke. I seem to go through about a quart of oil a month
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2013, 12:31 PM   #1880
135Pats
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yea stock downpipes are still on, N55 midpipes. I already have an OCC, might look into the oil filter though...and I don't smell the smoke, it seems to be white smoke. I seem to go through about a quart of oil a month
If it has a distinct sweetness to the smell and has a bleach white/blue-ish tinge, it could be coolant, which is an entirely different can of worms. My car’s smoke is extremely temp. dependent, when it gets comfortably into the 50s it isn’t anywhere near as apparent, I’m assuming that a good deal of what I’m seeing is condensation. So see how it looks when the temps get a bit higher, perhaps it’s not as smoky as you think. I didn’t see you already have an OCC, so yea OFHG is probably a good place to look next if problems persist. FWIW the RB PCV is cheap and takes little time to install, maybe you’d want to check into that before going the more involved route. The CV systems on the N54 blow by way more oil than they should, so that could be your problem. I’m still a bit confused as to how that is smoking through the primary cat though, generally speaking you really need to be burning hard or running very rich for smoke to come out of a catted car.

F30 N55 XDrive EBII
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2013, 01:01 PM   #1881
Colt
Spoolin' & droolin'
United_States
Rep

Quote:
If it has a distinct sweetness to the smell and has a bleach white/blue-ish tinge, it could be coolant, which is an entirely different can of worms. My car’s smoke is extremely temp. dependent, when it gets comfortably into the 50s it isn’t anywhere near as apparent, I’m assuming that a good deal of what I’m seeing is condensation. So see how it looks when the temps get a bit higher, perhaps it’s not as smoky as you think. I didn’t see you already have an OCC, so yea OFHG is probably a good place to look next if problems persist. FWIW the RB PCV is cheap and takes little time to install, maybe you’d want to check into that before going the more involved route. The CV systems on the N54 blow by way more oil than they should, so that could be your problem. I’m still a bit confused as to how that is smoking through the primary cat though, generally speaking you really need to be burning hard or running very rich for smoke to come out of a catted car.
My thoughts exactly...I've thought about maybe I'm just running really rich too, but I dunno . Can't seem to find the upgraded PCV on the RB website either. I might as well go ahead and buy that. Might not do anything, but anything is better than stock on this car lol
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2013, 01:13 PM   #1882
135Pats
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
My thoughts exactly...I've thought about maybe I'm just running really rich too, but I dunno . Can't seem to find the upgraded PCV on the RB website either. I might as well go ahead and buy that. Might not do anything, but anything is better than stock on this car lol
Truth. It's frustrating because this is such a monster motor, but the peripheral systems are FTL.
You order the PCV directly thru Rob, there is a discussion+ordering thread on the other forum where you'll find the details needed. Not a super difficult install, just takes a bit of time. It may or may not address your problem, but like you noted it's a clear upgrade and is good preventative work. The OE PCV will fail over time, so it's smart to think of it proactively. I wonder how much it'll smoke once you go full catless Only one way to find out

Take a data log some time and let's check it out. If you had a flash handling the fueling i'd almost certainly say it's not an AFR issue, but with a piggyback it could theoretically get screwy. Worth looking into.

F30 N55 XDrive EBII
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2013, 01:16 PM   #1883
Colt
Spoolin' & droolin'
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I wonder how much it'll smoke once you go full catless Only one way to find out

Take a data log some time and let's check it out
Yea seriously lol. I'll do a log when I get the pipes put on, I think I need to update my firmware too
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2013, 04:39 PM   #1884
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep

In case nobody noticed Youtube today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...v=HGeMGqVKD6A#!

Appreciate 0
      04-01-2013, 04:46 PM   #1885
Colt
Spoolin' & droolin'
United_States
Rep

huh.....apparently that Shain kid from Buckwild died

http://www.tmz.com/person/shain-gandee/

Last edited by Colt; 04-01-2013 at 04:53 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2013, 02:00 PM   #1886
MrRetep
First Lieutenant
Rep

raaawwwwrrrr
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2013, 09:25 AM   #1887
135Pats
Major General
United_States
Rep

que tal amigos? hump day!

F30 N55 XDrive EBII
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2013, 09:27 AM   #1888
MidwestGolfBum
Knower of all Things Useless
North Korea
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92s

Quote:
que tal amigos? hump day!
Shooting after the early afternoon meetings. It's going to break 40 today, spring my ass.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2013, 09:36 AM   #1889
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestGolfBum View Post
Shooting after the early afternoon meetings. It's going to break 40 today, spring my ass.
Its still snowing in syracuse. We became the snowiest US city this year thanks to the past few days.

Appreciate 0
      04-03-2013, 09:46 AM   #1890
135Pats
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestGolfBum View Post
Enjoy! What are you planning on shooting with today? I came thissss close to buying an RTF compact Glock a few days ago, but ultimately was able to resist.
Quote:
Its still snowing in syracuse. We became the snowiest US city this year thanks to the past few days.
So far as I can tell the entire country has been in a deep freeze, obviously that’s all relative to where you are. It was 30 deg. When I started my car this morning at around 730-8am, that’s just absurd for this time of the year. We’ve been stuck in the 40s and low 50s for weeks now, though it looks like spring will finally wake up next week, when temps are supposed to get closer to 65-70. I’m so stoked, dunno how people can deal with weather like upstate NY.

F30 N55 XDrive EBII
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2013, 09:47 AM   #1891
grieverr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F32

I went to school in Syracuse. I remember those winters well!!
However, it's under 40 degrees and windy in NJ, so besides the snow, we're not that much better off!
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2013, 10:17 AM   #1892
MidwestGolfBum
Knower of all Things Useless
North Korea
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92s

Quote:
I'm starting to think I should move back to warmer parts of the country, I can't do cold for this many months of the year anymore!

Quote:
Enjoy! What are you planning on shooting with today? I came thissss close to buying an RTF compact Glock a few days ago, but ultimately was able to resist.
I just picked up a Walther PPS and Springfield EMP that I "need" to get some rounds through to determine which is going to get the new carry duty. Few of my buddies are going to be bringing various full auto things they have acquired over the years as well as well as the more traditional ARs. There is always a bunch of long rifles in almost any caliber that you want to shoot that show up too. I will probably bring out my Mark XIX Desert Eagle because who doesn't want to shoot a .50AE when given the chance? I think one of my buddies is bringing out some shotguns and clay too, I never know until we get there. One of the guys who is bringing out some of the auto stuff hinted he may bring his .50 rifle as well.
Appreciate 0