E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > e91 335i Manual (N55)

09-18-2017, 08:45 PM   #1
kos
Rep
Drives: E30 BMW

e91 335i Manual (N55)

long time lurker but been in an e91 for almost 2 years now

1st one was a 320d SE auto, was quite a change to my previous e46 330i manual touring. But it served me well with none of the associate N47 dramas. However, the itch to get back into a petrol car with a stick was too much and i found my self an e91 335i LCI manual with N55. great car made even greater but the full Birds conversion, suspensions and ARBs, Quaife Diff and a re map (note, its full re map and not a tuning box)

spec wise, its got what i wanted
Heated leather, Adaptive xenons, privacy glass, Nav.

There's no real plams for it other than drive it and maintain it. I've considered some cosmetic work but its never seen a paint gun in its life so until the chips really start to bug me i'll keep the original paint and just detail it some time.

interior has been cleaned up, all the grid from he switches etc bugs me
engine bay has also been given a clean

when i get some time, i'll get on with some paint correction and give a one over and probably re furb the wheels.

There is a strong temptation to get some nice 19's for it, BBS CH-R's are calling me, and there is the temptation to de cat the down pipes and looked at Meth or a bigger intercooler, and an intake. however with 380hp on tap and similar torque, the only reason i'd need more power is simply an ego thing. 400hp sounds better than 380hp which is quite simply childish

other car back round, well I've got an e24 635csi and an e36 compact track car. Noteworthy previous cars include

e30 M3
330i e46 manual touring (individual in techno with lemon leather, H&R sport cup kit, Quaife, RD wheels, Alpina exhaust system)
E30 Alpina C2 2.7 cabrio

since the age of 18 all I've had is BMW's, I'm kicking on 38 now so BMW's are all i know !

thanks for taking the time to read and some more decent photos to come
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-19-2017, 05:51 PM   #2
Ste133
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i

Welcome! Lovely looking car with a nice spec.

I have the Birds package on my E92 n55 and the difference to a standard setup is fairly impressive.

As for mods, once you take the first step you can't go back with these cars. It becomes an addiction.... always wanting more.

Looking forward to a couple of photos of the other cars.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2017, 06:31 PM   #3
ChawenHalo
Second Lieutenant
France
Rep
Drives: E91 330d XDrive LCI M Pack

Perfect car I reckon. Like you I'm BMW nut. You do realise that this is the last proper BMW though don't you? After that that generation its all electronic and will fall apart after 5 yrs. (I've ran a couple of E39's into the ground).

One potential mod for the LCI: over this side of the pond we had the XDrive option on the E90s. Not that its interesting in itself...HOWEVER these XDrives came as standard with Servotronic which is hydraulic steering unlike all the other LCIs which came with electric steering.

It could do with some nice Hartge wheels too
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2017, 03:24 PM   #4
Greg330
Major
Rep
Drives: E91 335i

I've been a BMW man since I was 19 and I've had BMW's for the last 16 years apart from 18 months in an Alfa 159 which was the worst 18 months of my life!!

It looks like a lovely car and was worth the wait!!

Also confirms my thoughts that I want the flush roof rails.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2017, 05:25 PM   #5
Smokey33
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2009 Black 335i DCT FBO

Nice!
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2017, 08:22 AM   #6
kos
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey33 View Post
Nice!
thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChawenHalo View Post
Perfect car I reckon. Like you I'm BMW nut. You do realise that this is the last proper BMW though don't you? After that that generation its all electronic and will fall apart after 5 yrs. (I've ran a couple of E39's into the ground).

One potential mod for the LCI: over this side of the pond we had the XDrive option on the E90s. Not that its interesting in itself...HOWEVER these XDrives came as standard with Servotronic which is hydraulic steering unlike all the other LCIs which came with electric steering.

It could do with some nice Hartge wheels too
i find the latest Harte wheels offensive lol if some nice BBS came along id consider it. I am still in 2 minds about keeping this car. I like it a LOT but do i need a car like this as a daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste133 View Post
Welcome! Lovely looking car with a nice spec.

I have the Birds package on my E92 n55 and the difference to a standard setup is fairly impressive.

As for mods, once you take the first step you can't go back with these cars. It becomes an addiction.... always wanting more.

Looking forward to a couple of photos of the other cars.

once its detailed i'll post up more photos. The Birds package is impressive. Ive known them guys there fro a long time, so know how good their work is.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2017, 10:53 AM   #7
Rudz
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 335D xDrive Shadow Edition

I have AR catless DP for the N55 if you are interested, I bought it with a intention of putting it on my car, never got around to it and have since sold the vehicle, let me know if that interests u
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2017, 04:23 PM   #8
kos
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudz View Post
I have AR catless DP for the N55 if you are interested, I bought it with a intention of putting it on my car, never got around to it and have since sold the vehicle, let me know if that interests u
got a price in mind ?
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2017, 04:21 AM   #9
Stahliniho
Second Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: E90 318i LCI MSport Space Grey

Garage List
perfect car and colour!

Can't look past Space Grey!
Appreciate 0