E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Tuning with jb4

02-19-2015, 05:45 PM   #1
boo5t3d
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw 435

Tuning with jb4

Anyone know a good place to get some tuning done? I'm running a jb4 G5 and I upgraded to rb turbos and wanna make sure I'm making what I can.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2015, 08:33 AM   #2
proTUNING Freaks
Rep
Drives: powered by bootmod3

Feel free to PM or email us about any tuning questions you may have. We're in the GTA.
Appreciate 1
sr1230.00
      02-25-2015, 08:57 AM   #3
arthurg
Private
Rep
Drives: silver 335i

I contacted you guys via email, you guys said to get rid of the jb4 and get cobb, im sure a lot of people are willing to do that. So the question is, can you guys tune with the jb4? Or add backend flashes to it?

Last edited by arthurg; 02-27-2015 at 12:32 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2015, 09:08 AM   #4
proTUNING Freaks
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by arthurg View Post
I contacted you guys via email, you guys said to get rid of the jb4 and get cobb, im sure a lot of people are noting will to do that. So the question is, can you guys tune with the jb4? Or add backend flashes to it?
arthurg, very recently we adopted the JB as a form of boost control as BMS added logging knock across all 6 cylinders. We refused supporting it for a number of years as it didn't have the required knock logging that we like to have when custom tuning any modern motor.

On stock hybrid turbos where power is made up to a max of 22psi (limit of the OEM boost sensor) our preference is doing a Cobb/flash only tune for factory smoothness and drivability reasons while making all the power a stacked approach can make. However, for those that like the JB features such as in-dash gauges and like to switch maps we can customize the backend Cobb flash tune with a custom map6 on the JB that will offer max performance out of your given octane and you can switch to lower boost maps if you wish to do so at any time. Our experience has shown that very few people end up wanting to switch back to map1,2 or 5 once a custom mapping in map6 with the backend flash is in place
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2015, 05:07 PM   #5
boo5t3d
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw 435

Quote:
Originally Posted by proTUNING Freaks
Quote:
I contacted you guys via email, you guys said to get rid of the jb4 and get cobb, im sure a lot of people are noting will to do that. So the question is, can you guys tune with the jb4? Or add backend flashes to it?
arthurg, very recently we adopted the JB as a form of boost control as BMS added logging knock across all 6 cylinders. We refused supporting it for a number of years as it didn't have the required knock logging that we like to have when custom tuning any modern motor.

On stock hybrid turbos where power is made up to a max of 22psi (limit of the OEM boost sensor) our preference is doing a Cobb/flash only tune for factory smoothness and drivability reasons while making all the power a stacked approach can make. However, for those that like the JB features such as in-dash gauges and like to switch maps we can customize the backend Cobb flash tune with a custom map6 on the JB that will offer max performance out of your given octane and you can switch to lower boost maps if you wish to do so at any time. Our experience has shown that very few people end up wanting to switch back to map1,2 or 5 once a custom mapping in map6 with the backend flash is in place
I like to switch between my maps. Like I don't need a high psi map when driving in the winter. So with the jb4 and a back end tune will it run just as smooth as stock?
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2015, 10:09 AM   #6
Mike@N54Tuning.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i, 2015 M3

Quote:
Shoot me or Terry @ BMS an email and we can sort something out.

Mike
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2015, 10:17 AM   #7
proTUNING Freaks
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo5t3d View Post
I like to switch between my maps. Like I don't need a high psi map when driving in the winter. So with the jb4 and a back end tune will it run just as smooth as stock?
We can tailor custom tuning to your needs. Our preference is to get the car tuned via flash only up to the limit of the OEM boost (TMAP) sensor but if stacking is your thing we can do accommodate that as well on the N54.
Appreciate 0