E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Detailing/OCD People check this guy out !

11-18-2015, 08:21 AM   #1
Mark e90
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW e90

Detailing/OCD People check this guy out !

Anyone into detailing or ocd about their car or garage should check out this guys YouTube channel and website. His garage is something else and cars amazing as well, His F80 M3 is stunning not to mention his GT3

Pretty sure i have heard him mention that he is on this forum in the F80 M3 section.

Good for letting you know the best products/manufacturer for certain jobs. This guy has spent $$$ and has tried almost everything on the market. I have picked up many of the products he uses and always very impressed. Its actually saved me money rather than just picking up random detailing supplies that turn out to be not great. I also like referring to his sight or videos when buying detailing supplies as his opinions are non bias toward any particular company, before all my detailing supplies were all Chemical Guys but now have plenty other manufacturers appearing on my shelves

Worth a watch when there is nothing on TV !

http://www.obsessedgarage.com
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGR...HBdl2EnPphB9WA
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2015, 10:06 AM   #2
Detailed Image
United_States
Rep
Drives: Detailed by Detailed Image

I've seen many of his videos and enjoy them quite a bit... detailing and non-detailing related content is entertaining.

I will offer this point of view though, not at all directed at this guy in particular, but at all reviews (my own included ).... when it comes to product reviews, a lot of it is very subjective to the user. What may be perceived as a poor quality by someone, may be a great thing for someone else. Also, when someone doesn't have the most success with a particular product, it can often be traced back to improper use/training on how to use that specific item as no two products are identical. Sometimes (and I am guilty of this myself) we assume that just because we know how to use one polish, or quick detail spray, or sealant, all other similar products are applied/used in the same manner when in fact they do require a bit of coaching to understand how to get the best results.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that take every review with a grain of salt... the internet is a great place to share thoughts and ideas, but one person's opinion should never be the only opinion

Thanks again for sharing... man I would love to have one of those cars!

Zach McGovern
Detailed Image Ask-A-Pro Blog Author
www.AttentiontoDetailingPeoria.com
Appreciate 1
      11-22-2015, 09:32 PM   #3
Brettb1234
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 6MT 335i

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Love that guy's garage setup, especially the two cars. However those two colors are probably the very last ones I would pick.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2015, 08:33 PM   #4
EB89
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i e92 DCT

Garage List
He has a YouTube channel and entire website dedicated to just his cars and garage.

I think its awesome, he cares a lots about the cars and has built his life around them, its dedication, I love it.
      12-28-2015, 10:05 PM   #5
BMB063
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

So weird because I have one of his videos going on my Apple TV right now! He has a great setup and I like his videos. I just wish he would do more camera work like more than one angle and things like that. Sometimes I take some notes when on his sites haha.

YouTube | INSTAGRAM | My New Website: Shifted-Perspective.com | DM for discounts on: LUX ANGEL EYES or BPM TUNES
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2016, 11:04 PM   #6
Tyler@HDR
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
2005 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detailed Image View Post
I will offer this point of view though, not at all directed at this guy in particular, but at all reviews (my own included ).... when it comes to product reviews, a lot of it is very subjective to the user. What may be perceived as a poor quality by someone, may be a great thing for someone else. .....

Zach McGovern
Detailed Image Ask-A-Pro Blog Author
www.AttentiontoDetailingPeoria.com

That is so accurate.

Being a professional detailer myself & consistently speaking with other detailers, everyone has a different impression on every product.

The difficulty is not only the sheer volume of available products out there, but also what someone finds an advantage vs disadvantage, as well as their technique approach which could hinder performance.
Past BMW's
E36 318is | E36 328is | E46 330CI ZHP (RIP)
Appreciate 0