E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Armor All car wash concentrate

01-08-2013, 09:23 PM   #1
divisionbell77
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i XDrive Coupe

Armor All car wash concentrate

So, for a stocking stuffer, a family member got me a big old jug of this stuff.

I know nothing of this stuff, and instead of just giving it to someone who does not care, or even just throwing it away, I was wondering if anyone has actually used this stuff.

My plan was to use it in one of those Gilmour guns to soak the car during the winter before washing with the Optimum wash that I prefer. I am hoping it will help loosen up the dirt and salt and wash a decent amount off before I hit it with a sponge since a proper wash can only happen on warm weekends, which is a rarity in NE Ohio.

My main concern is what it may do to the wax coating I have on now. It claims to not strip off wax.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2013, 11:17 AM   #2
Bobble
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Whatever POS the wife leaves

Never used but IMO anything that claims to strip bugs will strip the LSP if left to dwell long enough.
On the subject of foaming, how long wll the foam dwell on the finish? That and concentration levels will determine if it strips your lsp.
Also you said wax coating, a true carnuba wax does not last very long anyhow, what are you using? I'd honestly suggest a sealant for NE winters. heck I use sealants here in So Cal on all cars simply for the protection factor we rarely have weather.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2013, 12:44 PM   #3
divisionbell77
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i XDrive Coupe

I use both a sealant and a wax. Klasse with blue pad for sealant and then Poor Boys Natty Blue for wax on top of the sealant. Klasse is twice a year, wax when needed.

Another forum got a response that the PH is very low for this, and it would be fine and no need to worry about removing protection.
Appreciate 0