E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > SES light came on, got these codes

07-29-2013, 07:03 AM   #1
AndyR83
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 335i FBO

SES light came on, got these codes

Last night my service engine soon light came on while driving home. My car has been FBO for about 9 months, with no new or recently changed performance mods since that time. Performance feels normal to me (no limp mode.)

Codes I read off of my JB4:
Just those two digits. When I set the JB4 to read codes it goes to 3, then 0, then the turn signals blink twice. I'm guessing this may not even be a code, just something related to theJB4. Sorry, no USB cable (yes, I know, I am bad and I should feel bad.)

2F6C
This appears to be because of the "golf tee mod" which was done over a year ago. Probably not new.

2C77
2C78

These both seem exhaust related according to my searches. I have catless dp's but I've had them installed since last August and have never seen these codes before today.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance. I have searched on this topic, but none of the situations I encountered seem to match my own (spontaneous SES light with no new mods recently)

Last edited by AndyR83; 07-29-2013 at 08:55 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2013, 07:31 AM   #2
Markyd83
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i coupe

Ill ask a stupid question but did you accidentally turn off auto clear?

Do you have the dp fix installed?

Mine has done that once in a while and then disappeared after a little more driving.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2013, 08:05 AM   #3
TexE90
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i E90

The 30 "code" just means you have three codes stored.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2013, 08:53 AM   #4
AndyR83
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 335i FBO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markyd83 View Post

Mine has done that once in a while and then disappeared after a little more driving.
I was wondering about that after I got to work this morning. I can't imagine doing that by accident, but I was thinking I should go back in and verify that autoclear is in fact enabled.

I cleared the codes manually before driving to work this morning, and the light didn't come on during my approximately 25 mile commute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexE90
Great to know, thanks!
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2013, 03:47 PM   #5
Markyd83
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyR83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markyd83 View Post

I was wondering about that after I got to work this morning. I can't imagine doing that by accident, but I was thinking I should go back in and verify that autoclear is in fact enabled.

I cleared the codes manually before driving to work this morning, and the light didn't come on during my approximately 25 mile commute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexE90
Great to know, thanks!
I wouldn't worry unless it reoccurs again. My car throws random codes once in a while and never again does it
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2013, 09:19 PM   #6
nc1mike
United_States
Rep
Drives: Red e90 335i Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyR83 View Post
Last night my service engine soon light came on while driving home. My car has been FBO for about 9 months, with no new or recently changed performance mods since that time. Performance feels normal to me (no limp mode.)

Codes I read off of my JB4:
Just those two digits. When I set the JB4 to read codes it goes to 3, then 0, then the turn signals blink twice. I'm guessing this may not even be a code, just something related to theJB4. Sorry, no USB cable (yes, I know, I am bad and I should feel bad.)

2F6C
This appears to be because of the "golf tee mod" which was done over a year ago. Probably not new.

2C77
2C78

These both seem exhaust related according to my searches. I have catless dp's but I've had them installed since last August and have never seen these codes before today.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance. I have searched on this topic, but none of the situations I encountered seem to match my own (spontaneous SES light with no new mods recently)
My car did exactly the same thing for a week then wham, engine fan on super extra high..Water pump failure.. Car wouldn't leave a code prior just occasionaly flash SES SES then go clear..
Appreciate 0