E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > All-Wheel-Drive (Xi / xDrive) Talk > drivetrain troubleshooting. No power to wheels

04-25-2022, 08:10 PM   #1
payonk
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2009 328i xdrive

drivetrain troubleshooting. No power to wheels

I'm not sure if this is the right place or if I should post in the regular engine/drivetrain section.
My car is an 09 328i xdrive. It seemed to be running and shifting fine. I pulled up to a stop sign and put it in neutral. I shifted into 1st to pull away and the car wouldn't move. The engine still ran fine, shifting motion felt normal through the knob, and there weren't any unusual noises until I let the clutch out and there was a whining noise and power wasn't getting to the wheels. I tried the rest of the gears and the pitch of the whine got higher with higher gears. What are some options for what could have happened or other information that would be needed to figure it out? Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0