E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > going for service...should i take jb2hr out?

03-31-2008, 10:35 PM   #23
ganeil
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by unagi1 View Post
What's with the holier-than-thou approach? Think the dealership wouldn't screw you given the chance?
I can't control what the dealership does.

I can control what I do.

No one forces you to do business with a dealership. The least you can do is honestly conduct yourself.

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2008, 10:37 PM   #24
Tuned335i
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by unagi1 View Post
What's with the holier-than-thou approach?
There are a few people here who play the "moral" card and try to impose their beliefs about what is right and wrong on everyone else. For the most part, everyone else dismisses them and they go back to hugging trees, driving the speed limit 100% of the time, and doing everything else perfectly.

If you ignore them, they'll go away.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2008, 10:40 PM   #25
David 12
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 50i BSM, M Sport

Morals and ethics are a personal matter - Do what you think is right. Who are we to stand on a soapbox and tell somebody else what WE think is moral applies to their personal code of ethics?

The op was asking for practical advice and he knows the answer to his question now.

Tuned - I think I read your mind!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2008, 11:04 PM   #26
ganeil
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuned335i View Post
There are a few people here who play the "moral" card and try to impose their beliefs about what is right and wrong on everyone else. For the most part, everyone else dismisses them and they go back to hugging trees, driving the speed limit 100% of the time, and doing everything else perfectly.

If you ignore them, they'll go away.
What the hell is a "moral" card?

Do you have kids?

Do you teach them right from wrong?

There is no grey area here... taking out the modification is deceptive. It is wrong.

If you have no moral standard that is your issue. The OP asked a question and I answered it.

Now go back to ignoring those who call you out.

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2008, 11:06 PM   #27
ganeil
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by David 12 View Post
Morals and ethics are a personal matter
You're right. There are no moral absolutes. I hope the people you do business with feel as you do and screw you whenever they get the opportunity. Lying, stealing, no problem it is all a personal matter.

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2008, 11:24 PM   #28
wahoo
Bangin' my head against the wall
Rep
Drives: '08 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganeil View Post
You're right. There are no moral absolutes. I hope the people you do business with feel as you do and screw you whenever they get the opportunity. Lying, stealing, no problem it is all a personal matter.
Depending on what dealership you go to, they certainly work hard to phuk you every time. This is exactly why I got rid of my POS VW Touareg (v8). Not everyone is altruistic.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2008, 12:29 AM   #29
BMWI6
Major
Colombia
Rep
Drives: 335is

Quote:
I am glad I posted this thread, because I got to see two very different perspectives and I respect them both equally. I did finally take the chip out, but I do not believe I am cheating the dealership. When my car was fully stock, I had several problems with the car and the dealership did not do anything to help me out, they treated me like garbage and I don't think its fair.So I am not thinking they may screw me in the FUTURE, its that they have screwed me in the PAST just like thousands of other e90posters. Like I said before, I respect morals and values, and believe that most of the problems our society is facing today are because of a general absence of integrity in people. But when it comes to issues like these, morals and values don't play a significant role in my opinion. Thanks for everyone's replies. I have to agree with the people who told me to take it out, when dealing with stealerships it really is "survival of the fittest" and i intend to not be eaten alive by these white collared scam artists. I have one last question in order to see what you think about this issue. What is your opinion on the dealerships selling demo cars or loaner cars to customers as CPO cars that are supposed to be in pristine condition but really are not????? Have in mind that I have driven a loaner car that was 9,000 miles overdue in oil service and have witnessed brand new cars being constantly redlined in order to impress prospective buyers... The dealership has no feelings for you even if you are a lifelong customer, I however believe that in other industries especially when it comes to mom and pop stores even the slightest bit of dishonesty is absolutely unacceptable in my personal standards.
      04-02-2008, 11:03 AM   #30
BMWI6
Major
Colombia
Rep
Drives: 335is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railgunner View Post
Or perhaps the reason to take it out is so that the dealership does not make a fraudulent claim that anything imaginable that goes wrong with the engine is because of the tune whether the tune had anything to do with it or not?
glad more people agree
      04-02-2008, 11:07 AM   #31
5soko
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M5

umm, well after my experience im gonna say leave it in there. i had the turbo tuner installd and my K&N drop in, left the car there to fix the seatbelt arm, rear seat folding lock, and trunk lock. not once they did even open the hood. i was there pretty much the whole time talking with my SA, salesperson, and my tech i even talked to them about chips and so on. even tho i take it out for other times esp the SSTT 30 second uninstall.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 11:09 AM   #32
335i4u2nv
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i e9O sL0w

i didnt take mines out but then again i know 80% of the techs and SA

Translation: That black guy is doing 200 miles per hour
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 11:28 AM   #33
KWA VaTech
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 350Z

Quote:
What the hell is a "moral" card?

Do you have kids?

Do you teach them right from wrong?

There is no grey area here... taking out the modification is deceptive. It is wrong.

If you have no moral standard that is your issue. The OP asked a question and I answered it.

Now go back to ignoring those who call you out.
Is it the whole 335 thing thats got you down?
Appreciate 0