E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Another job question

12-05-2013, 11:29 AM   #1
19G20
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

Another job question

I got another job interview for an investing firm. They require a professional battery exam that takes two hours to complete. Has anybody ever taken one of these before?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2013, 01:52 PM   #2
M3Denver
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335itwinsedan
I got another job interview for an investing firm. They require a professional battery exam that takes two hours to complete. Has anybody ever taken one of these before?

Thanks
Yes it's the same test Hugh Jackman goes through in swordfish.... You'll be fine
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2013, 02:00 PM   #3
RandomHero
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i e92

I have, yes. What exactly are you wanting to know?
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2013, 03:25 PM   #4
19G20
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Denver
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335itwinsedan

Thanks
Yes it's the same test Hugh Jackman goes through in swordfish.... You'll be fine
Ha ha. I'm looking forward to it.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2013, 03:25 PM   #5
19G20
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomHero
I have, yes. What exactly are you wanting to know?
What is it exactly?
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2013, 03:46 PM   #6
RandomHero
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335itwinsedan View Post
What is it exactly?
Well I'm in Wealth Management which is completely different than an "Investing Firm" although people often confuse the two.

In my case, it was quite a few mathematical problems. Things like calculating YTM, FV of money.....stuff that's all done for me with a computer.

What is silly is that I feel like I'd probably do WORSE on it now. I took the test a week after graduating college and a lot of it was still fresh in my mind.

I don't know what field you'll be interviewing for, but in my business, the things on the test were essentially useless and barely applied to my day-to-day activites.

I will say this: I scored a 96% on it, and did the best out of everyone in my training class (30 or 40 people). However, I know several people who failed it and had industry experience.

Of note: I went to a lower tier university in Oklahoma so don't feel like I'm bragging about my level of education.

In short: it was basically a bare-bones version of the Series 7 exam.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2013, 08:52 PM   #7
19G20
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomHero
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335itwinsedan View Post
What is it exactly?
Well I'm in Wealth Management which is completely different than an "Investing Firm" although people often confuse the two.

In my case, it was quite a few mathematical problems. Things like calculating YTM, FV of money.....stuff that's all done for me with a computer.

What is silly is that I feel like I'd probably do WORSE on it now. I took the test a week after graduating college and a lot of it was still fresh in my mind.

I don't know what field you'll be interviewing for, but in my business, the things on the test were essentially useless and barely applied to my day-to-day activites.

I will say this: I scored a 96% on it, and did the best out of everyone in my training class (30 or 40 people). However, I know several people who failed it and had industry experience.

Of note: I went to a lower tier university in Oklahoma so don't feel like I'm bragging about my level of education.

In short: it was basically a bare-bones version of the Series 7 exam.
Passed the exam. On to the interviews.
Appreciate 0