E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > MSD80 ecu

01-13-2024, 11:09 PM   #1
alex_k_145
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW e92 335i Monaco blue

MSD80 ecu

Hello,
I am trying to find someone who has some knowledge of the msd80 ecu. My issue is with the BSD communications on this ecu. I have the tools to solder and replace chips on the ECU however I'm trying to figure out what components /ic need to be replaced on the board of the ECU to restore BSDD communications. I would also be very grateful if someone could provide the board circuit diagrams/schematics for this ecu.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2024, 11:22 PM   #2
OMEGA412
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Coupe

Do you have any other DME related issues? The BSD communication line failing with no other issues would be pretty uncommon. I was chasing BSD issues for whole month, turned out to be a loose wire in the water pump connector. BSD diagnosis procedure? Unplug your water pump, alternator, battery sensor and oil quality sensor, then plug one in and see if u still have a BSD error after clearing codes and waiting 1 minute. If not go to the next component. Which ever one cause the code needs replaced. Also check all the connectors at each of those components, the BSD wire is a purple one.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2024, 11:57 AM   #3
alex_k_145
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW e92 335i Monaco blue

I did the same procedure and have no other DME faults. The only thing I didn't do was reset the code in the DME while I was testing each part. I will try this and see if resetting the code each time does anything. And my water pump and alternator were recently replaced so that might very well be the fault.
Appreciate 0