E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Voice Activation Question/Problem

08-24-2007, 09:00 AM   #1
Dialpex
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 24 iX

Voice Activation Question/Problem

Hey Guys,

I read some of topics here on this but i can't seem to nail the answer to some of these questions. I was wondering if some of you have had this problem or know a solution for it.

Im a non iDrive user but i do have the SOS assist/Bluetooth feature and i was wondering if there's a certain list of "Keywords" that are used for the voice regonition. My dealer gave me one but it doesn't seem accurate.

Also i was wondering why does when i say"phonebook" he answers back to me "The phonebook is empty." I was wondering if i could dial by assigning a name and not by saying the numbers.

Another thing is when i press the little "phone" button on my wheel it automaticaly dials a certain number. Not necessarily my most dialed or last number. Does anyone know how was that number assigned?

Anyway, i did read the manual but the help there wasn't great either. I usualy don't ask many questions but my options were somewhat depleted here.

Thanks in advance guys.

Dialpex
      08-24-2007, 10:17 AM   #2
phantom330
Captain
Rep
Drives: e93 335i

There is a good deal of info in the owners manual. It will list the commands. You have to program the voice dialing by each number. If you press the phone button on the steering wheel, it will dial the last number that you dialed while in the car, not necessarily the last number you dialed on the phone. If you press and hold that button, it will bring up your phonebook that was loaded from your phone and you can select the number on there. Hope that helps. I suggest going back through the manual, it lists everything as well as the appropriate commands for them.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2007, 10:28 AM   #3
BretNJ
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi Graphite sedan

I found some of the commands in print from the manual didn't match the actual command. Not sure if there's been an update since the manual was written or what. If you don't like reading manual's though like me, just press the voice button and say 'help' it will verbally list all the commands for you.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2007, 10:43 AM   #4
Dialpex
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 24 iX

Ohhh i didn't know about the pressing and holding one. Thanks Phantom. Ill take a quick look at the manual again.

And thanks bret for the tip on the help. See the page that my dealer gave me didn thave all the commands.

Thanks again guys.