E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Fifth Gear tonight!

10-08-2007, 03:00 PM   #1
M3-FAST
Defected to the dark side.....
England
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 LCi

Garage List
Fifth Gear tonight!

After last nights 'top gear' debate - who checked out fifth gear tonight

The shoot-out between Nissan 350Z and BMW Z4 was ace!!

Tiff proved in the end that on the track the Beemer was far more composed than the 350Z - Plato was strugglin keepin the Nissan on the straight and narrow, and he's a BTCC champ!!

It was a top program tonight....check out the re-run if u missed it

Paul
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2007, 03:05 PM   #2
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
when is the re-run paul? i missed it and only saw the end where they showed whats on next week?!

DOH

never really as good as top gear tho

i saw mag comparison of the z4m and the 350z and they both did the 0-100 slower than my 335d! wooooo

Carlos
      10-08-2007, 03:20 PM   #3
M3-FAST
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
when is the re-run paul? i missed it and only saw the end where they showed whats on next week?!

DOH

never really as good as top gear tho

i saw mag comparison of the z4m and the 350z and they both did the 0-100 slower than my 335d! wooooo

Carlos

not sure - it used to be on Tuesday evenin but just checked the SKy + and cant find any re-run info anywhere

I do prefer TG but fifth gear is not bad and this weeks was quite good!

As for the 0-100 time its all about the driver mate!! They werw showing 0-62 times and trying to beat the world record of 0-62 in 3.1 secs - they were on a drag strip and all manner of supercars were present - even a porsche GT that on paper can do it a that speed yet its driver could not get less than 4 secs

A guy in aerial atom beat it at 3.07 but could not do the return run any quicker than 3.3 secs - in the end the clutch packed up and that was that!

Good watchin I thought

Paul
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2007, 08:43 AM   #4
mgarvey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Renault Megane

Fifth Gear is improving in my opinion. They actually spend more time doing tests of cars, and not quite so many of the stupid ones like racing round a track in reverse.

Top Gear is a slicker programme and more entertaining, but they tend to ignore anything cheaper than £50k, and once you've seen the first 5-minute item where a car is reviewed, the rest of the show tends to be witticism and light entertainment (with some vague reference to cars).

I might be over-generalising a bit here, but that is my view - both are worth watching though.

BTW, did anyone see the first Fifth Gear of the series, where a Renault Modus was crashed into a Volvo 740 Estate, and basically wiped the Volvo out. Pretty awesome and of interest to my wife and mother-in-law, who both own a Modus.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2007, 10:54 AM   #5
330cdsport
Right Responsible
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW F21 M135i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgarvey View Post
Fifth Gear is improving in my opinion. They actually spend more time doing tests of cars, and not quite so many of the stupid ones like racing round a track in reverse.

Top Gear is a slicker programme and more entertaining, but they tend to ignore anything cheaper than £50k, and once you've seen the first 5-minute item where a car is reviewed, the rest of the show tends to be witticism and light entertainment (with some vague reference to cars).

I might be over-generalising a bit here, but that is my view - both are worth watching though.

BTW, did anyone see the first Fifth Gear of the series, where a Renault Modus was crashed into a Volvo 740 Estate, and basically wiped the Volvo out. Pretty awesome and of interest to my wife and mother-in-law, who both own a Modus.
I would have to agree with you that Fifth Gear seems to have gotten a lot better this time round - so long as you can ignore that twat, Tom Ford.

I did see the Modus/Volvo 740 show and was well surprised. Just a pity the Modus is ugly as sin!!
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2007, 10:56 AM   #6
SpecC
Completely obsessed with detailing
Rep
Drives: E90 SG 330i, white Scion tC

i used to watch fifth gear. it was nice to have somethign to watch while i waited for top gear hahaha. I honestly lost interest in the things they were telling me. Also, i can't stand tiff's way of presenting things! it's just damn annoying to me. Now that I know they're barn burning twats too, i think i'm stopping completely!
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2007, 01:19 PM   #7
M3-FAST
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecC View Post
Now that I know they're barn burning twats too, i think i'm stopping completely!
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2007, 01:31 PM   #8
jwbmw
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Jaguar XF S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecC View Post
Now that I know they're barn burning twats too, i think i'm stopping completely!
That is not all that they are burning See link

http://motoring.reuters.co.uk/reuter...nk=101&id=2428
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2007, 03:26 PM   #9
mjh93sa
Major General
Rep
Drives: 530d

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by redE93cab View Post
After last nights 'top gear' debate - who checked out fifth gear tonight
To do that I'd need to be able to get Channel 5.

No cable, no channel 5, no Digital radio or Television. The price you pay for all that scenery.

But the postie has delivered every day this week.

Gone: Fiesta - Focus - E46 320dSE - E91 330dMSport - E82 135iMSport - R55 JCW Clubman - M135i
Now: 530d
Appreciate 0