E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > BMW Nav 08-1 DVD?

03-03-2008, 08:39 AM   #265
NFS
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgy View Post
Hi,

So, I dutifully installed the 'special' speedcam DVD which was accepted and seems to work fine. Now the idiotic question - what do I need to click exactly to make the icons appear on the map?

Also, when I'm navigating somewhere there is an icon in the top right of the map sort of like a clock. Is there a reason for it?

Thanks
The screen displays icons for whatever type of information that you last looked for.

So .. you need to go into the 'information' menu and select car, then speed cameras. A list of cameras near you should come up.

Then go back to the main screen and uncheck the information button and your speed camera locations should appear on the screen.

http://www.bmwnavaddpoi.co.uk/
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2008, 01:22 PM   #266
beergut
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekk View Post
When you try to eject the disc, do it as soon as you get into the car.
Hold the DVD eject button down for a couple of seconds before letting go.

If it still doesn't pop out, then do the idrive reset, by pushing in the volume knob, the DVD eject button & the CD eject button all at the same time.
Discs should eject & the idrive screen should go blank & then re-start.

I can't see any way in which downloading the torrent again will make any difference at all, I'm afraid, Simon.

Sergei did come across a similar problem when he used an old Verbatim DVD+RW disc- the map would zoom in, but the screen would remain blank.
He did the same test again with a different Verbatim DVD+RW disc & it worked fine.

Sergei feels that this is a burning issue. Is it right that you've now used a different drive & a different disc, Simon? Has it failed with a different drive / disc?

There is the possibility that a newer Progman will have affected how 'well' the drive reads certain types of discs, but I have my doubts.

Perhaps you could try using a previous 'modified' disc & see if that still works, following the software update.

Another option would be to have another Sergei 'operative', in your area, provide his/her working disc to you, to see if it works in your car.

All the best.

Viv
I am having the same problem. I think I had the disc on Verbatim DVD+R DL. There is nothing wrong with the navigation or anything. Just that now I have the Sergei's special edition disc I want to try, so trying to eject the disc, and it says "Insert Navigation DVD".

I also try rebooting iDrive ... no luck.

Any help please ???

06-21-2008, 02:14 PM   #267
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep
Drives: 330i SE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by beergut View Post
I am having the same problem. I think I had the disc on Verbatim DVD+R DL. There is nothing wrong with the navigation or anything. Just that now I have the Sergei's special edition disc I want to try, so trying to eject the disc, and it says "Insert Navigation DVD".

I also try rebooting iDrive ... no luck.

Any help please ???

With the car locked, unlock the car as normal & just press & hold the DVD eject button for 3 secs, before doing anything else.
The disc should just pop out.

If it still doesn't, then try resetting the idrive again, by holding down the volume knob, the CD eject button & the DVD eject button at the same time.

Any inserted discs should eject & the idrive screen should blank & reset.

All the best.

Viv

Appreciate 0
      06-21-2008, 02:41 PM   #268
CrimsonRedE93
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Le Mans Blue E93 330d+

Garage List
My problem was the media, I change to the Verbatim +R DL and wrote it at 1x with the verify on

I now have speed cameras Are there any verbal warnings with the speed cams ? I know it might be a stupid question
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2008, 02:45 PM   #269
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRedE93 View Post
My problem was the media, I change to the Verbatim +R DL and wrote it at 1x with the verify on

I now have speed cameras Are there any verbal warnings with the speed cams ? I know it might be a stupid question
Unfortunately, there are no verbal warnings when using the SpeedCam POIs with the iDrive.

Viv

Appreciate 0
      06-21-2008, 03:07 PM   #270
CrimsonRedE93
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Perhaps I can train the Mrs to make announcements instead
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2008, 03:09 PM   #271
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRedE93 View Post
Perhaps I can train the Mrs to make announcements instead
I've tried- it doesn't work.

I just end of telling her to slow down, as she approaches the cams, when she drives my car.

Viv

Appreciate 0
      06-21-2008, 03:48 PM   #272
alcook
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 CP Convertible

Is there any technical way to add voice warnings or a 'chime' to camera positions??

This obviously works when approaching a junction etc for the Nav...
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2008, 03:58 PM   #273
CrimsonRedE93
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by alcook View Post
Is there any technical way to add voice warnings or a 'chime' to camera positions??

This obviously works when approaching a junction etc for the Nav...
Not according to what I have been reading, There is even a petition to get BMW to add the possibility in the future
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2008, 03:35 AM   #274
beergut
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekk View Post
With the car locked, unlock the car as normal & just press & hold the DVD eject button for 3 secs, before doing anything else.
The disc should just pop out.

If it still doesn't, then try resetting the idrive again, by holding down the volume knob, the CD eject button & the DVD eject button at the same time.

Any inserted discs should eject & the idrive screen should blank & reset.

All the best.

Viv
Viv,

I have tried what you have suggested, still no luck. The stubborn disc just doesn't want to come out.

Is this going to be an expensive BMW job ? Or can this be covered under warranty ?

06-22-2008, 03:49 AM   #275
coodem
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M335d

Did you put any sticker on the disk, as this might cause the problem.

There should be a little whole to force an eject, but I suspect it is behind plastic facia. So would require taking the drive out, I don't think that will be too hard
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2008, 05:22 AM   #276
beergut
United Kingdom
Rep

The disc has no sticker. Can anyone tell me where is the little whole where I can force the DVD to come out ???
      06-22-2008, 05:59 AM   #277
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by beergut View Post
The disc has no sticker. Can anyone tell me where is the little whole where I can force the DVD to come out ???
There's a DIY install from one of the US members here, showing the drive units behind the fascia.

I'd rather try holding onto the eject button a few more times, before going down that route.

All the best.

Viv

Appreciate 0
      06-26-2008, 03:38 AM   #278
beergut
United Kingdom
Rep

Viv,

You know what ?? I've been having this "stupid" sticky DVD problems that it wouldn't eject ? Well, I booked my car in for BMW to look at it ... Drove my car there this morning ... and then press eject after I turn the engine off. The disc came out.

This is driving me mad.

The only difference is I use my wife's key, not mine (cos I left mine at work as I cycled yesterday)

Any thoughts ?

Al