E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > e93 bodykits

05-19-2007, 06:16 AM   #1
e93
open air motoring at its best
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW E93 335i Convertible

Garage List
2007 e93 335i  [0.00]
e93 bodykits

New here so would value your opinion. My dealer delivers my car on Tuesday (hopefully). I have already ordered the oem aero lip as this is as good as I've seen. Also getting the OEM aluminium pedals. The Aero rear bumper looks ugly (although I've only seen the photos). Are there any kits you would recommend for the side/rear. I thought the Rieger looked OK - see the photo but what do you think. BTW - Astra - how hard is it to import your own kit?
Attached Images

2007 335i Convertible || Black Sapphire | Cream Beige | Burr Walnut | 6 AT Paddles | Comfort Access | Aluminium Pedals | Aero Front Spoiler | Remus Quads | KW V3 Coilovers | Velocity V-715 wheels | M3 Rear Lip Spoiler || On Order || || Wishlist || ||
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2007, 05:00 PM   #2
danielt
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2016 F87 M2 / 2013 M5 LCI comp

Garage List
welcome, try www.e92kits.com
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2007, 05:41 PM   #3
CaptOz
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: Porsche 911 Carrera S

Quote:
Originally Posted by e93 View Post
New here so would value your opinion. My dealer delivers my car on Tuesday (hopefully). I have already ordered the oem aero lip as this is as good as I've seen. Also getting the OEM aluminium pedals. The Aero rear bumper looks ugly (although I've only seen the photos). Are there any kits you would recommend for the side/rear. I thought the Rieger looked OK - see the photo but what do you think. BTW - Astra - how hard is it to import your own kit?
I like the rear end on the 2nd photo. Mean yet still classy.

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2007, 06:51 PM   #4
astra
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 325Ci Individual

Garage List
reiger FTW... my favourite tuner by far, and it looks so mean on the e92... i would love to see a reiger kit on an e93

as for importing my bodykit, it was super easy, and should be arriving in teh country any day now, if it isn't here already (i bought from www.bavauto.com , althought www.jlevisw.com and www.modbargins.com are good too)

it is as easy as finding out what you want, be it via tuner galleries or forums, then finding an online shop that has what you want, at a price you are happy with...

then placing an order with them! (if you know someone in the country that you are orering from, get them to purchase it, and send it over as a gift, as that won't attract any duty when it gets here).

i would reccomend buying parts from the USA. for one part of my bodykit, a shop in melbourne was asking $1200, whilst the shop i bought form in america was charging $350 US... even including shipping, ordering from teh USA is the cheapest option

not sure what kind of look you are after, but if you posted a pic of a Reiger kit, then i am assuming you like the agressive/euro look? have a look at Kersher too (i think they are actually owned by Reiger)... Hartge might also be worth a look

can't remember what AC Schnitzer has for the e92/3, but i think it is a lot more subtle... maybee have a look at Breyton and Hamann (not sure if they have anything out for the e93 yet, but they would soon)

another thought, look at Lumma... if you like Reiger, you might like their stuff

Lumma

Hartge

AC Schnitzer

Breyton

Hamann

Kerscher

the kits for the e93 will be maybee slightly different, but you get the idea they will be the same style anyway

Last edited by astra; 05-19-2007 at 07:06 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2007, 07:12 PM   #5
j|rz44
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i|E92

Garage List
07 335i  [0.00]
ive got the tiag coupe...
i really like the reiger style.
i also went with the oem front lip and have the reiger boot lid spoiler, but has yet to be painted...
i had the reiger side skirts on order with NAM, but decided to wait until i move back to cali. to buy.
the guys here in maui wantd like $550 just to paint the boot spoiler....
can you believe that shit!?
so i would suggest to order reiger through them... think the skirts were like $450 (not painted) US of course...
Oh and the rear, i also wanted the rear end from e92kits.com with the cf diffuser.
i think they wanted $750 for the rear (not painted)
GL
      05-19-2007, 07:22 PM   #6
astra
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
jmramos44 - seems like you got reasonable prices you guys are lucky with your car parts pricing over there!
      05-19-2007, 08:23 PM   #7
VGR00
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 430i Gran Coupe

I'm falling in love with all these big wheels. Making my 17" look measly. Hmmm .... I might start looking for 19" soon.

I love that bumper on the last E90 above. Very sexy
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2007, 08:54 PM   #8
BMW //MPOWER
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 M340i xdrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by vgr02 View Post
I'm falling in love with all these big wheels. Making my 17" look measly. Hmmm .... I might start looking for 19" soon.

I love that bumper on the last E90 above. Very sexy
My favourite wheels BMW has for the coupes at the moment were the 19"s multispoke that appeared in the BMW magazine about 3-4months back. They aren't listed as a regular option though, but you do see them on 7er's around the place, i love em! I'll try and find some pics & i'll post a few up here, not sure i've still got the bmw magazine with it in it, it had them on an E92 with the aero kit on it, looked so damn fine!
BMW E46 325Ci M Clubsport Carbon Black
BMW E36 318i Alpine White M Sport
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2007, 08:56 PM   #9
BMW //MPOWER
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 M340i xdrive

Garage List
Found 'em, they're the 19" 'M Composite 101' or something like this, they look so HOT on the E92 coupe's!
FYI - These are shown on a 7er in the pic, so your looking at a bit more rubber than you'd see on the coupe.
Attached Images

BMW E46 325Ci M Clubsport Carbon Black
BMW E36 318i Alpine White M Sport

Last edited by BMW //MPOWER; 05-19-2007 at 08:57 PM.. Reason: Add comment
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2007, 09:43 PM   #10
e93
open air motoring at its best
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW E93 335i Convertible

Garage List
2007 e93 335i  [0.00]
Thanks all for your input. I have looked at a lot of sites - many of the kits are fibreglass which I'd prefer to avoid. The composite plastics are lighter, more flexible, and according to my paint shop generally fit better. There is an Australian agent for Rieger in Sydney. Side skirts are $1090 and the rear skirt is priced the same. So throw in a quad exhaust system for $2500 plus the paintwork and there won't be much change from $6000. Ooch!

Thanks for your ideas and comments Astra. I'll contact a Rieger agent in the US and see what they can do.
2007 335i Convertible || Black Sapphire | Cream Beige | Burr Walnut | 6 AT Paddles | Comfort Access | Aluminium Pedals | Aero Front Spoiler | Remus Quads | KW V3 Coilovers | Velocity V-715 wheels | M3 Rear Lip Spoiler || On Order || || Wishlist || ||
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2007, 12:01 AM   #11
CaptOz
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
reiger FTW... my favourite tuner by far, and it looks so mean on the e92... i would love to see a reiger kit on an e93……

……another thought, look at Lumma... if you like Reiger, you might like their stuff
Brilliant post astra.

I was wondering. Are you going for kits that attach to what you have or replace what you have?

I wouldn’t mind a small lip spoiler on my boot but I don’t know if it would be removable if I wanted to sell the car. Do they glue them on or drill them on.

Decisions… Decisions…

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2007, 12:19 AM   #12
VGR00
Major
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptOz View Post

I wouldn’t mind a small lip spoiler on my boot but I don’t know if it would be removable if I wanted to sell the car. Do they glue them on or drill them on.

Cheers.
The small lip spoilers are held down by double sided tape. The larger ones have a combination of tape and glue. I think that once you put one on, you would generally leave it on when you sell the car.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2007, 12:40 AM   #13
CaptOz
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
.....you would generally leave it on when you sell the car.
I was wondering, if I traded in the car whether the dealer would value the car for less if it was non-standard.

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2007, 01:41 AM   #14
Johnny Lin
Lieutenant General
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: AW E92 M3

The very first pics, I like the front of it and the 2nd pics of the rear. I also would choose the kerscher parts.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2007, 05:25 AM   #15
VGR00
Major
Australia
Rep

Quote:
I was wondering, if I traded in the car whether the dealer would value the car for less if it was non-standard.

Cheers.
No ... if it's tasteful, it will not detract from the car but it will not be appreciated by the dealer and hence they do not pay you a cent more. Of cause, if you were buying that car, they would be pointing out what a bonus it was to have that addition and woulduse it to justify their price. It's all about marketing
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2007, 08:53 AM   #16
astra
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by e93 View Post
Thanks all for your input. I have looked at a lot of sites - many of the kits are fibreglass which I'd prefer to avoid. The composite plastics are lighter, more flexible, and according to my paint shop generally fit better. There is an Australian agent for Rieger in Sydney. Side skirts are $1090 and the rear skirt is priced the same. So throw in a quad exhaust system for $2500 plus the paintwork and there won't be much change from $6000. Ooch!

Thanks for your ideas and comments Astra. I'll contact a Rieger agent in the US and see what they can do.
are you a very careful driver? if your not, then don't completely rule out fiberglass, as it can be repaiered if you damage it personally i opted for plastic, as they do fit better

do NOT buy from australia for tuner parts... i got quoted $1200 for the same part as i got for $350 US

and no problems, i love talking cars and tuners

Quote:
Brilliant post astra.

I was wondering. Are you going for kits that attach to what you have or replace what you have?

Decisions… Decisions…

Cheers.
always a pleasure

that's a good point though... bumpers? or ad ons? both have their pros and cons

a small lip spoiler such as the m3 one? an m3 lip spoiler just attatches with double sided tape, where as wings attatch with screws

Quote:
The small lip spoilers are held down by double sided tape. The larger ones have a combination of tape and glue. I think that once you put one on, you would generally leave it on when you sell the car.
unless you payed an arm and a leg for the part, and you are trading it into a dealer... you could sell teh individual part privately... the dealer wouldn't value the car any higher with OR without it

Quote:

Cheers.
not less, not more... they don't care, they don't give you anything more for teh money, blood sweat and tears if they thought teh car wouldn't sell with the particular part on it, thy would take it off before it was put in the yard
      05-20-2007, 06:17 PM   #17
CaptOz
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
and no problems, i love talking cars and tuners
Good - I'll be asking for some advice on our drive day.

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2007, 06:45 PM   #18
astra
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Good - I'll be asking for some advice on our drive day.

Cheers.
our drive to bathurst?
      05-20-2007, 06:46 PM   #19
j|rz44
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
07 335i  [0.00]
if you guys need any help with anything here in the US as far as shipping something as gifts to help you all out in taxes. let us know we are more than willing to help...
longtran has been helping me out with paint work and saving me some money....

GL
      05-20-2007, 06:51 PM   #20
astra
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
that's very kind of you guys !

i wish i had of bought with teh help of my family over there, but i didn't think of it at the time, and now will have to pay all the different kinds of taxes asc. with bringing in goods by sea (they came by sea because of the spoiler - it is an odd shape and the altitude can effect it i think)
      05-21-2007, 04:44 AM   #21
CaptOz
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmramos44 View Post
if you guys need any help with anything here in the US as far as shipping something as gifts to help you all out in taxes. let us know we are more than willing to help...
longtran has been helping me out with paint work and saving me some money....

GL
You are very kind jmramos. A free car wash awaits you in Sydney. Or I can send Astra over with a sponge.

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2007, 04:51 AM   #22
j|rz44
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
07 335i  [0.00]
Astra is she Hot!?

Let us know...