E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest > Custom FMIC.......

05-02-2008, 12:44 PM   #1
cstmx_ryder
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: A metal box with a roundel

Custom FMIC.......

So I'm taking my car to ETS (Extreme Turbo Systems) up in La Center, WA to get a custom FMIC for my E90. I heard they used to work with HPF (HorsePower Freaks).

They've never done one for E90 before, so this will be their first. But I've been to their shop and checked out everything and also talked to one of the workers there, who was a friend of a friend.

All their intercooler kits and turbo kits looks clean as far as the welding goes, and the quality of the cores looked good to me as well.

They manufacture their own kits in their shop, so everything is done in-house, which makes things easier when no third party is involved.

I will have to leave my car there for about 3-4 weeks, and that's the part I'm least comfortable with. I'm afraid there's going to be minor nicks and scratches from them working on my car.........I hope this won't happen, but you never know.

They are being very generous on the cost, all I have to do is kinda introduce them to the Euro-tuner scene. Which is not a bad trade off at all.

Anyway, I just wanted to see what you guys think. See if anyone has heard or has had personal experiences with ETS that can give me any sort of feedback.

Thanks.

'08 AW E90 335i
PROcede V5 | BMS DCI | RR DPs | ETS FMIC | FORGE DVs | Stett CP | Vanguard | PSS10
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2008, 01:31 PM   #2
asdflkijd
Aberry is a scammer
United_States
Rep
Drives: SGM E92 335i, AM E90 335i

Garage List
Hmmm.. I am somewhat familiar with HPF on e46's, but I have never heard of the shop, keep us updated! 3-4 weeks is a Lonnnnnnnnng time, almost like doing delivery again! ... GL!
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2008, 01:38 PM   #3
Digital.James
Colonel
Rep
Drives: GT4, Raptor.2, Tuono 1100F

sounds good. but 3-4 weeks without my car would be
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2008, 02:23 PM   #4
cstmx_ryder
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: A metal box with a roundel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital.James View Post
sounds good. but 3-4 weeks without my car would be
I see in your sig that you're running RR DPs, now are they catted or catless?

Reason why I ask is because I'm thinking about getting catless DPs, but don't want to fail any sort of DEQ tests or VIP tests at the dealership........Nor do I want CELs and such.

'08 AW E90 335i
PROcede V5 | BMS DCI | RR DPs | ETS FMIC | FORGE DVs | Stett CP | Vanguard | PSS10
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2008, 02:30 PM   #5
Digital.James
Colonel
Rep
Drives: GT4, Raptor.2, Tuono 1100F

They are catless. I didnt get a CEL for along time and then finally got some, so I got sims. Overall theyre a great mod for the money.
Appreciate 0