E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > Otto's BMW in West Chester, PA - Charging for a Loaner?

11-13-2012, 08:22 AM   #1
///M///
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2016 Manual AW F80

Exclamation Otto's BMW in West Chester, PA - Charging for a Loaner?

Taking my car in for getting the brakes looked at. There is a slight squeal at very low speeds when coming to a stop. I called to setup a appointment and was told that I'll have to pay for a loaner since I didn't buy the car from them

Is this the normal practice? I was under the impression the BMW NA compensates the dealer for the loaner when there is warranty work on the car
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 03:10 PM   #2
Astephens94
Slightly modified...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [6.00]
Do NOT go to these crooks!!!!! I have had nothing but bad experiences with these people. Originally bought my car from them in April '11, and had nothing but horrible experiences.

I see you are in South Jersey, a place near me that I like to use is Devon Hill BMW (30 minutes closer than otto's). You will need to make an appointment to get a car in advance (it's a free loaner), but the guys their are great and they take really good care of your car. Chris is my service adviser, he's a great guy.

Good luck, and stay away from otto's!!
      11-14-2012, 05:15 PM   #3
///M///
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2016 Manual AW F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astephens94 View Post
Do NOT go to these crooks!!!!! I have had nothing but bad experiences with these people. Originally bought my car from them in April '11, and had nothing but horrible experiences.

I see you are in South Jersey, a place near me that I like to use is Devon Hill BMW (30 minutes closer than otto's). You will need to make an appointment to get a car in advance (it's a free loaner), but the guys their are great and they take really good care of your car. Chris is my service adviser, he's a great guy.

Good luck, and stay away from otto's!!
Thanks. Sorry, need to update my loaction. I am in West Chester, PA across the road from Otto's. Reason I am going there is because my car will be out of warranty on Nov 21st Wanted to get it checked out one last time. Can you pm me the details f your experience with them? Was the sales experience bad or was it service?

Tx.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2013, 03:07 PM   #4
TRY...M3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Depends on the day

I go to that dealer and I never got charged for a loaner
Lamborghini-Talk.com: Christian.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2013, 10:26 PM   #5
AllBlackBimmer
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 m40i

I'd recommend Faulkner bmw if you're willing to make a drive. Much better than ottos.
      10-10-2013, 08:52 PM   #6
Cr1msnE90
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i xdrive crimson red

Just purchased my BMW from Otto's BMW in PA .. service and dealership was excellent.. however Otto's Mini Dealer in PA was just awful.
we also have/had a mini.. had it serviced at Otto's mini and it was simply the worst. Inexperienced/uneducated service technicians... we had to tell them what was wrong with the car.. they put excessive mileage on the car while in their possession and the radio stations were changed.. it was a bad experience on two occasions.. Did not yet use Otto's BMW for service and probably will not.. we are closer to Reading BMW...
I am going to look for a thread about Reading BMW .. and see what that says next.
Appreciate 0