E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > logic7 speakers cutting out randomly and bass

09-21-2007, 08:44 AM   #1
MagicWizard
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5

Question logic7 speakers cutting out randomly and bass

I bought a 328i coupe a few months back which has logic7 in it. for the last 2 months the speakers have randomly been "turning off" for short to long periods of time but on the nav screen it shows the cd is still playing or ipod song still playing. also the subs will randomly cut in and out as i drive alot, but speakers continue to play just bass goes out for random periods of time. any ideas? i brought the car to the dealership 4 times they finally just said they will replace the whole naviigation/radio/idrive this week if im interested they think it will work. suggestions?
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2007, 10:28 AM   #2
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRich187 View Post
I bought a 328i coupe a few months back which has logic7 in it. for the last 2 months the speakers have randomly been "turning off" for short to long periods of time but on the nav screen it shows the cd is still playing or ipod song still playing. also the subs will randomly cut in and out as i drive alot, but speakers continue to play just bass goes out for random periods of time. any ideas? i brought the car to the dealership 4 times they finally just said they will replace the whole naviigation/radio/idrive this week if im interested they think it will work. suggestions?
Did they mention anything about replacing the OEM amp first before ripping apart the whole system?
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2007, 07:17 PM   #3
MagicWizard
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
Did they mention anything about replacing the OEM amp first before ripping apart the whole system?

nope they didnt say anything about replacing the oem amp.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2007, 09:21 PM   #4
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
nope they didnt say anything about replacing the oem amp.
Think about that for a minute... unless they have some error code saying that the system itself is the culprit of the sound random cut off (I doubt it because of your 4 visits), this means that they really do not know what's wrong and they rather replace everything than doing real troubleshooting, something like replacing the amp and see what's happens at the second visit.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2007, 10:52 PM   #5
MagicWizard
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
Think about that for a minute... unless they have some error code saying that the system itself is the culprit of the sound random cut off (I doubt it because of your 4 visits), this means that they really do not know what's wrong and they rather replace everything than doing real troubleshooting, something like replacing the amp and see what's happens at the second visit.

the service manager told me they could not figure out what was causing it to happen. all he could come up with was to replace everything and leave the car there for like a week. so you think i should ask them if they would replace the amp? you think the amp is just screwed up or something . and if that doesnt work then have them replace everything?
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2007, 12:37 PM   #6
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
the service manager told me they could not figure out what was causing it to happen. all he could come up with was to replace everything and leave the car there for like a week. so you think i should ask them if they would replace the amp? you think the amp is just screwed up or something . and if that doesnt work then have them replace everything?
By you saying that sometimes there is no sound at all (I assume that that's what you stated) and sometimes only the subs are gone while the rest of the speakers are playing, I can deduce that what is the common denominator here (the amp is the component that drives all the speakers individually) is the culprit, especially being Logic 7 where all the DSP processing is made in that amp and the "HU" is just a digital bypass:

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...25&hg=65&fg=25

Actually the standard procedure should be to replace the amp, see if you have that issue again and then go from there (check wiring, any other module related to distributing the audio individually to each speaker, and so on).

If you do not have any problem for them to replace everything, well let them. Just make sure that the amp is part of this swap... I don't think that you want to be wasting your time anymore in visits while these people are jerking around with your car.
Appreciate 0