E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > The end of my 320si - RIP

05-08-2014, 02:35 PM   #67
mistertml
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 318i SE Edition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian mc21
Going on the reputation this model seems to have I certainly wouldn't be wanting him to replace it with another one. Money back would be your best bet.
I think so... Although the dealer wants to source another car for me to keep the sale.

I used to have a E36 and upgraded to and E46 after that and both of em were like tanks... Never in the garage apart from an exhaust an MOT.

I'm gonna struggle to find another White E90 with M Sport spec for under £7k

Not sure what to get for a replacement as I've still got his A3 as a loaner for now
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2014, 06:48 AM   #68
mistertml
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
The dealer is dragging his heels now.

He's trying to sell me a 10 plate 116i Sport in white with full bmw service history with 39k. Over priced at £10750... He trying to sort a fantastic deal out bearing in mind I only paid £7000 for the 320si.

He's really testing my patience now
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2014, 03:35 PM   #69
mistertml
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quick update
The dealer has just comeback to say that he has found a replacement for me which should be coming in as a part ex next Tuesday.

He has only told me it is a 3Series in white and has 53k on the clock with MSport Spec.

I'm still waiting on some pics and the rest of the info on the car.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2014, 06:58 PM   #70
Reece
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: e90 lci 330d

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistertml
Quick update
The dealer has just comeback to say that he has found a replacement for me which should be coming in as a part ex next Tuesday.

He has only told me it is a 3Series in white and has 53k on the clock with MSport Spec.

It will probably come in as a black 1 series

Whats to say you wont have the same problems with this? Would put me of owning one tbh
      05-13-2014, 11:17 PM   #71
mistertml
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece
Quote:
Quick update

Whats to say you wont have the same problems with this? Would put me of owning one tbh
I don't think it's going to be another 320si as the dealer himself has finally realised how complex the engine is compared to a 320i for example.
I should have more info on the replacement later on today.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2014, 12:11 AM   #72
Reece
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: e90 lci 330d

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece
Quote:
Quick update

I don't think it's going to be another 320si as the dealer himself has finally realised how complex the engine is compared to a 320i for example.
I should have more info on the replacement later on today.
Just make sure its the right car.

Dont get horny just because its a white 3 series m sport
      05-14-2014, 02:13 AM   #73
mistertml
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
Just make sure its the right car.

Dont get horny just because its a white 3 series m sport

Point taken

Ill have to wait and see what model it is and I'll do my homework this time round and not dive in head first. I'll have to do some serious googling and searching on the forum!!

I've had an E36 and E46 and both were trouble free... Maybe I should've stuck to silver.

I'm aware of the sparks and coils issue in the 320i but are there any other common issues in the E90 I need to look out for?
Appreciate 0