E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Hello and goodbye already? 335i or BMW Dealership to blame...

08-11-2011, 11:07 AM   #67
BANKAI
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigj505 View Post
there are a ton of a-holes on here.
people saying "you buy a used car so deal with it" are retarded.

bmw warrantied the vehicle so they should fix it. simple as that.
My first BMW, not my first time on an online forum

I called my SA and scheduled to bring it in again today. When it runs good, it puts such a big smile on my face too. Such a shame.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2011, 11:13 AM   #68
bill1718
Lieutenant
Italy
Rep
Drives: 2015 F32 435i ///Msport

tht blowssss
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2011, 12:46 PM   #69
xtremecruiser
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 Waterfall Vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by shicobico View Post
Take 10 steps back from the tree, and look at the forest. BMW has some serious reliability issues, across the board (the dealerships sure are not helping). Sounds like Audi 10 years ago. Whether it's HPFP, water pumps, angel eye light bulbs going out, air bags not deploying, valve lifters, waste gate rattles, ... Absolutely unacceptable.

I hate BMW's current management and their hyper-expansion vision strategy. These cars will be in everyone's pocket in a few years, and will loose their exclusivity, have to cater to a larger market segment (appeal to more people, for less $$$ = become more tame) and eventually be diluted down to become the Toyota of German auto makers, replacing VW. What a sad decent.

When you want to do stunts like that, you create a new market segment, and go at it. Like Infinity/Nissan, Acura/Honda, Audi/VW ... BMW/LEB (Less Expensive Brand)
Well Said
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2011, 01:43 PM   #70
dth656
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANKAI View Post
My first BMW, not my first time on an online forum

I called my SA and scheduled to bring it in again today. When it runs good, it puts such a big smile on my face too. Such a shame.

OP--be persistent, and don't let poor/rude service from the SA's deter you from having your car fixed to YOUR satisfaction. also, don't listen to the morons on this thread who seem to think BMW has done us a favor in allowing us to purchase their cars.

i had the engine rattle on my e90 330i, and got the run around three times before the issue was fixed.

in my view, it goes back to allocation of engineering resources: too many are focused on developing new features, and expanding the BMW portfolio into lower segments of the market, and not enough are focused on design for reliability, testing, and post-launch feedback into design/production.
      08-15-2011, 09:00 PM   #71
Red911t
Rep
Drives: E46 BMW

Front differential went on my E46 earlier this year....sucks and should it have happened? No way, but I know that is by no means the norm, plus I was putting 120 miles on my car a day for 2 years, beating it to death....so I'm not entirely surprised and will still buy a BMW....can't take one car's experience over a two week period and apply it to the whole brand.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2011, 06:32 AM   #72
irfan
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i XDrive Coupe 6M

Part of the cost of the used car you bought was the warranty, so use it. Ignore everyone saying you have to deal with it or get a Camry. Make the company live up to their word, which is in writing in the warranty agreement.

For those of you that are sick of reading posts like these, stop reading posts like these. Your comments do nothing to add to the discussion and just exemplify your arrogance- and sometimes idiocy.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2011, 06:59 AM   #73
DerStig
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3

You deserve this when you buy used. 30,000 miles? Are you kidding me? These cars are meant to be driven that long and sold. This is a lesson to all of you thinking "let the original owner take the depreciation hit". Not so simple now is it? There is ALWAYS a catch my friend. You want hassle free my friend? Go lease a brand new BMW, drive the shit out of it for 3 years, make it someone else's problem - like yourself.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2011, 07:18 AM   #74
irfan
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i XDrive Coupe 6M

of course... a $40-50,000 car that's made to be driven for 3 years and thrown away.. why is there a 4yr/50K warranty again? If BMW is claiming they can cover it for 4 years then they are obligated to fix it, plain and simple.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2011, 07:29 AM   #75
DerStig
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by irfan View Post
of course... a $40-50,000 car that's made to be driven for 3 years and thrown away.. why is there a 4yr/50K warranty again? If BMW is claiming they can cover it for 4 years then they are obligated to fix it, plain and simple.
Yeah but, you are stuck with that piece of garbage for at least another 3-4 years, not to mention the annoyance of having to deal with all that. And soon its going to look out dated. You see those tiny small E46 3 series? How ugly and small and outdated they look? Well you just spent all that money on a car that will look just like that in a few months, not to mention, it won't even drive properly. Good choice
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2011, 07:48 AM   #76
achien
AC
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 Post Members Crazy

+1, "breaking-in" the vehicle yourself is priceless, especially if you bought the car and plan to keep it as long as you can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerStig View Post
You deserve this when you buy used. 30,000 miles? Are you kidding me? These cars are meant to be driven that long and sold. This is a lesson to all of you thinking "let the original owner take the depreciation hit". Not so simple now is it? There is ALWAYS a catch my friend. You want hassle free my friend? Go lease a brand new BMW, drive the shit out of it for 3 years, make it someone else's problem - like yourself.
      08-16-2011, 10:08 AM   #77
Never-Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335xi E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by tscdennab View Post
OP, I think you are slightly exaggerating the problem. You can't expect your problems to be solved on a Saturday.

On another note, I think that if the brake squeal is not gone, the brake rotors need to be changed.

I read here are many people with replaced turbos under warranty due to wastegate rattle. Good luck...
Service dept is open on Saturday so why can't he? We all can't take off work to take our cars in.

I had the rear brake squeal on mine too. They tried telling me it was normal. I laughed at him & told him it's not etc & it needs to be fixed. New pads & no more noise for me.

These motors are noisy FYI. I think you may just not be used to a noisy engine.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2011, 10:09 AM   #78
Never-Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
So BMW only makes a car that only lasts for 3 years? They need to find a new gig then.

Don't be an idiot.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2011, 10:21 AM   #79
Blubaron79
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i xDrive

My dealer has been outstanding. They fixed a low pressure fuel sensor 2k miles out of warranty. My lease is about to be up, and I will definately be buying another new BMW. I have had a few issues, but nothing out of the ordinary than 1 fuel pump replacement, heated steering wheel recall, and a seatbelt extender replace.

The car is amzaing, and I am so happy I did not purchase that G37x that I was inches away from buying.

Previous: '18 340i xDrive; '15 335 xDrive; '14 435i xDrive; '09 335 E92 xDrive
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2011, 10:31 AM   #80
cc_25
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by irfan View Post
For those of you that are sick of reading posts like these, stop reading posts like these. Your comments do nothing to add to the discussion and just exemplify your arrogance- and sometimes idiocy.
+1
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2011, 10:50 AM   #81
Just a 3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i prem sport perf pkge

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwalbert View Post
You bought a used 5 year old car and expect a dealer you have never met before to bend over backwards on a Saturday to solve a rattle on your 5 year old used car. If the rattle was such a problem why didn't you have the original owner solve the issue prior to purchasing the vehicle?

These are business's and like all business's the best customers get the best treatment. That is why frequent fliers get upgrades and others sit in coach.

Sounds to me like they have treated you fairly so far.
Absolutely - if the car is under warranty, the dealer has to bend over backwards to fix it - maybe not on a Saturday - but this is what is expected of a luxury carmaker and their dealers. Have a problem, have warranty - fix it. What is so difficult to understand????
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2011, 10:52 AM   #82
Just a 3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never-Enough View Post
So BMW only makes a car that only lasts for 3 years? They need to find a new gig then.

Don't be an idiot.
+100000
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2011, 10:53 AM   #83
Just a 3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc_25 View Post
+1
+1
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2011, 10:54 AM   #84
Just a 3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Are you kidding? Buy used, even warranty, and suffer????? I shouldn't be surprised - see that you are a noob.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2011, 11:13 AM   #85
fatass
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: none

why is derstig such a douchebag
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2011, 11:51 AM   #86
Hedges
Major General
Rep
Drives: 12 C63 AMG

Later! Dont let the door hit u in the ass on the way out!

jokes!!! we friends?
      08-16-2011, 12:51 PM   #87
BANKAI
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

BMW diagnosed my check engine light to a vacuum line that got loose. Back on the road, and back on boost!!!
Of course, now my wastegate rattle is back and still squealing on medium-light braking. LOL.

I wasted a lot of my time going to and from the dealer, but was always provided a courtesy vehicle so I guess I should give them credit for that. Car is not perfect, but it does put a smile on my face when I step on the gas.

Thanks to all who were actually helpful.

To the all the pompous pricks: Quit giving "us" BMW drivers a bad name. That's right, whether you like it or not, we are in the same family now. Next time you are on the track (if you even go to the track), when you see that Miata or S2000 in the rearview, maybe you should give them a point-by, because whether you want to believe or not, they are faster than you.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2011, 01:54 PM   #88
Never-Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANKAI View Post
BMW diagnosed my check engine light to a vacuum line that got loose. Back on the road, and back on boost!!!
Of course, now my wastegate rattle is back and still squealing on medium-light braking. LOL.

I wasted a lot of my time going to and from the dealer, but was always provided a courtesy vehicle so I guess I should give them credit for that. Car is not perfect, but it does put a smile on my face when I step on the gas.

Thanks to all who were actually helpful.

To the all the pompous pricks: Quit giving "us" BMW drivers a bad name. That's right, whether you like it or not, we are in the same family now. Next time you are on the track (if you even go to the track), when you see that Miata or S2000 in the rearview, maybe you should give them a point-by, because whether you want to believe or not, they are faster than you.
What kind of track are we talking? Surely not a drag strip.
Appreciate 0