E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > M-Sport/M-Tech Oil Cooler Retrofit for 335i?!

01-27-2010, 01:00 PM   #1
Aphrodisiac
Banned
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: '07 BMW 335i, JB/CR

Arrow M-Sport/M-Tech Oil Cooler Retrofit for 335i?!

Hey guys,

I recently discovered that I don't have the stock oil cooler in my car.

I'm probably going to install the Active Autowerke Processor, and since my car has nearly 50,000 miles on it I'm not adding extra Power to the car without upgrading the Cooling System.

So I'm going to install the BMW Power Kit to get the extra radiator, bigger fan, etc...
I'm going to install the M-Tech front bumper
I'm going to upgrade my Intercooler to the Active Autowerke one

And most of all, I'm going to install an Oil Cooler Retrofit.

I searched and found that DINAN Oil Cooler does not fit the M-Tech because there will be a rubbing issue with the tire.

- VK Motorwerks Oil Cooler

- AR Design

So my question is, what about the following:

Would they fit the M-Tech?

Any suggestions guys?
These are the only other After-market kits I was able to find...

If there isn't a bigger aftermarket Oil Cooler that fits M-Tech, I will just install the OEM Oil Cooler Kit.

Any help or suggestions are appreciated guys.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Aphrodisiac; 01-27-2010 at 02:22 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2010, 03:14 PM   #2
Darkcyd_Turbo
"Booty Hole Bandit"
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2008 Montego E92 335xi

Since you don't have a factory oil cooler, you're going to have to purchase a retrofit kit along with the supplemental oil cooler for the AR ones. But you said that already. Plus the AR supplemental sits by the radiator so that should not be an issue. From what I read on the DIY for the VK's , if you're using your current fender lining along with the mtech front, then it's just a matter of trimming/cutting to fit. Also mounting points perhaps. But you might want to double check if the VK is a retrofit or an upgrade.
      01-27-2010, 03:26 PM   #3
hun77777
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: SG E92

i thought about doing this but my oil temp rarely sees 240 or above so i didn't really see much need of it since i don't track my car. and cost of retrofit is not just for the oil cooler itself but also thermostat and oil filter housing and so one and so forth and it was just overwhelming project for me to tackle on...

GL

Appreciate 0