E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Dynavin N6 issues?

03-17-2016, 03:50 PM   #1
dcmitch254
Rep
Drives: 07 335i

Dynavin N6 issues?

I keep experiencing an issue with my Dynavin N6 that i've searched high and low through the threads to resolve with no avail. I have a 2007 335i with logic7 and the phenomenon I've been experiencing started shortly after I purchased the unit in 2015. The unit likes to just kind of turn off and I have no way other than waiting it out to get it to turn on. In the beginning the issue was intermittent happening every 2-3 months, the unit would be on running normally and then I hear a pop in the speakers and the unit would reset itself, all my radio presets would be gone, however things like the last song playing from the SD Card would be exactly where they had been prior to the unexplained issue. With it happening intermittently and the only thing really being affected where my radio presets I let it be and it slipped to the back of my mind, but as of recently these occurrences have become more frequent as often as everyday to every other day but a new more annoying issue has arised, the unit will seem to turn off and will not power back on, sometimes for a few minutes and other times for a few hours/day. At this point I'm at a lost, I've checked fuses, reviewed the wiring of the unit, checked everything that I can think of but nothing makes sense. I purchased this unit a little under a year ago, and am really bummed about this. Any help through the forums would be very much appreciated I hate to think I wasted so much money on a malfunctioning unit and that I'm screwed. Thanks in advance everyone I appreciate all of your input.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2016, 04:09 PM   #2
jeffb335
Rep
Drives: BMW

I answered on the other thread. Since you are relatively new on the forum, Its considered "bad form" to post the same question in multiple places.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2017, 04:58 AM   #3
Fantasque
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 e91

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmitch254 View Post
I keep experiencing an issue with my Dynavin N6 that i've searched high and low through the threads to resolve with no avail. I have a 2007 335i with logic7 and the phenomenon I've been experiencing started shortly after I purchased the unit in 2015. The unit likes to just kind of turn off and I have no way other than waiting it out to get it to turn on. In the beginning the issue was intermittent happening every 2-3 months, the unit would be on running normally and then I hear a pop in the speakers and the unit would reset itself, all my radio presets would be gone, however things like the last song playing from the SD Card would be exactly where they had been prior to the unexplained issue. With it happening intermittently and the only thing really being affected where my radio presets I let it be and it slipped to the back of my mind, but as of recently these occurrences have become more frequent as often as everyday to every other day but a new more annoying issue has arised, the unit will seem to turn off and will not power back on, sometimes for a few minutes and other times for a few hours/day. At this point I'm at a lost, I've checked fuses, reviewed the wiring of the unit, checked everything that I can think of but nothing makes sense. I purchased this unit a little under a year ago, and am really bummed about this. Any help through the forums would be very much appreciated I hate to think I wasted so much money on a malfunctioning unit and that I'm screwed. Thanks in advance everyone I appreciate all of your input.
I also have this problem but can't find the original thread you are talking about can you please point me to it. Thanks Robin
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2017, 04:01 PM   #4
jeffb335
Rep
Drives: BMW

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1016187

Short answer is: The OP is having a intermittent loss of the power connection, the Dynavin is connected directly to the battery via its wire harness, there is the connection at the battery, the inline fuse, the connection at the canbus interface, and the connection at the head unit all on that circuit. A bad connection anywhere in that circuit is going to cause what he is experiencing.
Appreciate 0