E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Problems with Duke Dynamics

03-15-2014, 12:59 PM   #23
styles50
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335is fbo/meth/Rb/Cobb

Yea I understand where you coming from, I ordered my power dome hood from DD and it took 3 months to arrive. Then the fitment was horrible in the grill area. It is what it is now. I just learn to live with the gap.
      03-19-2014, 03:37 PM   #24
shepard10
First class N55
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iGunda View Post
Just curious, did the diffuser come in yet, and how was the fitment?
Yes it did and the fitment was good except for one spot. There are a total of 7 bolts if I recall and one of them, far left, didnt match perfectly

BMW | BURGER TUNING | VALENTINE | VMR | VREDESTEIN | BILLY BOAT | FESLER BUILT | FILM DYNAMICS |
Instagram: colarbear
http://www.flickr.com/photos/98044295@N08/
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2014, 08:44 PM   #25
BRGmatthew
Bausman
United_States
Rep
Drives: around the block

I dont understand what the problem is? It usually takes 6-8 weeks for duke to mold and make a carbon fiber diffuser and ship the item. Molding carbon is ALOT of work, ive tried it on my interior trim and my tiny rear door trim took me 2 weeks. If you ordered fiberglass im sure they could have shot it out in about 2-3 weeks. And most of dukes stuff is hit or miss, its not really their fault its how fiberglass works. My D2 hood didnt fit as well either but i had the bodyshop reshape it for me, but my quad diffuser fit perfectly.
      03-21-2014, 10:16 AM   #26
335iGunda
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i e92 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by shepard10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iGunda View Post
Just curious, did the diffuser come in yet, and how was the fitment?
Yes it did and the fitment was good except for one spot. There are a total of 7 bolts if I recall and one of them, far left, didnt match perfectly
I hope you got that sorted out, im sure your body shop can get it to fit nicely with some work. I also agree with DD being hit or miss from what I have read, im still hesitant to place my order for a diffuser as well, but there are no other quad diffuser options for the mtech that look as nice.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2014, 09:20 PM   #27
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: F80 ZCP 6MT, R55 Clubman S 6MT

This sucks dude. You can also read my review on them. Had an absolute nightmare with these people. CSL trunk. Will absolutely never have anything on my car from these guys.

My delivery experience and beach photoshoot here.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2014, 02:30 AM   #28
Game
------
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRGmatthew View Post
I dont understand what the problem is? It usually takes 6-8 weeks for duke to mold and make a carbon fiber diffuser and ship the item. Molding carbon is ALOT of work, ive tried it on my interior trim and my tiny rear door trim took me 2 weeks. If you ordered fiberglass im sure they could have shot it out in about 2-3 weeks. And most of dukes stuff is hit or miss, its not really their fault its how fiberglass works. My D2 hood didnt fit as well either but i had the bodyshop reshape it for me, but my quad diffuser fit perfectly.
Sounds like a ton of excuses for Duke Dynamics.

They shouldn't take responsibility for their products not fitting, not communicating properly with their customers, messing up an order, and taking over 2 months for a customer to receive his product? lol okay...
      07-03-2014, 08:07 PM   #29
SCUBALAW
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 2011 328ix

Screwed by Duke Dynamica

July 3rd, 2014. Duke Dynmaics just screwed me out of $2,000. I ordered a rear difuser for my 335 and hood back in March. In May they sent me a difuser for a M3. They refuse to answer my e-mails after I wrote to them. To date I have not reveived anything for my $2,000. I am now sueing them in B.C. court. These people are bad news.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2014, 03:18 AM   #30
Pnutz295
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRGmatthew View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Game View Post
Sounds like a ton of excuses for Duke Dynamics.

They shouldn't take responsibility for their products not fitting, not communicating properly with their customers, messing up an order, and taking over 2 months for a customer to receive his product? lol okay...
It does sound like a ton of excuses but in the same breath it doesn't.

Fitment - No aftermarket body part fits perfect. Also, your not fitting may not be my not fitting.

Communicating- Yes, communicating is the key with any business. However, you the customer, think that you are their only customer. But in fact you are many customers. You may then say, hire more people to answer emails, phone calls, etc.. then that means overhead increase, price of product increase.

Messing up on order - They are people too. I'm sure everyone makes mistakes.

Product delay - I understand why they build to order. It would suck to have a lot of the same product just sit in their inventory. It's a custom made to order product. Go order some wheels with custom colors, offset, ect.. It can take up to 3-6 months before you get your wheels.

Diffusers can be shipped through FedEx, UPS, USPS for a reasonable amount. And it can be shipped from Asia.

But larger items, such as hoods, bumpers, trunks will have to use a freight service. Freight is not cheap. I tried getting a price quote for my stock hood shipped from CA to the East Coast.. FedEx quoted me some crazy price.

Plus, the larger items has to be shipped in a container, on a cargo ship. So, DD fills the container, sends it to the cargo ship, cargo ship fills up with container then ship leaves port. From Asia to States takes about 3-4 weeks. Then clears customs which takes however long. Then gets to warehouse stateside, then they ship freight. So, after everything is said and done.. you should be looking 3-6 months for larger items.

I waited 6 months for my hood from another company and it was made in the states.

Just relax and your product will come. It is custom made to order.

Now, being sent the wrong product. And the company isn't doing anything to make it right. That's just wrong..
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2014, 06:09 AM   #31
MUFASA1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i Mineral White Metall

Worth the look but defn not the risk or hassle, performance diffuser is good enough for now
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2014, 06:40 AM   #32
E93MAC
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E93 328i Convertible

Wow didn't realize DD was this bad!

Just ordered my DD diffuser from JGMods. Amazing customer service.

But hope I don't have any delays or fitment issues, from DD, otherwise back it goes!

################[Mac's '07 E93 328i]################
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2015, 08:22 PM   #33
miata22
Enlisted Member
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90, 2010 E92

Sigh, I place my order and paid 7 weeks ago and I havent heard anything from DD for 2 weeks already. I ordered a CSL trunk and a Diffuser, hope someday it will arrive and it will fit. This is a very frustrating buying experience!

Appreciate 0
      01-19-2015, 08:44 PM   #34
Needbmwpartzz
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 bmw 328i x-drive

Geesh,like ordering at a fast food joint and then them telling you to pick up your meal next week....these guys have fail written all over,hope you still have the car by the time you receive it lol!
Goodluck!
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2015, 09:00 PM   #35
miata22
Enlisted Member
Hong Kong
Rep

Just sent a refund notice to DD yesterday and they respond immediately and telling me they thought they already sent me follow up emails which never happens, also they show me an excel list that I am on their top of the list but it will take another 3-4weeks until is complete and ship out after.

So I guess it will take another 5-6 weeks! sigh...the entire process might end up taking 13 weeks or above, I am speechless :/

Appreciate 0
      01-20-2015, 09:31 PM   #36
roll_the_dice
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW F30 EBII

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by miata22 View Post
Just sent a refund notice to DD yesterday and they respond immediately and telling me they thought they already sent me follow up emails which never happens, also they show me an excel list that I am on their top of the list but it will take another 3-4weeks until is complete and ship out after.

So I guess it will take another 5-6 weeks! sigh...the entire process might end up taking 13 weeks or above, I am speechless :/
It's a scam...don't believe anything DD says...get your money back if you are within the 45 days on paypal (if that is how you paid). Their end game is to make you wait until you are past any resolution date, so they can continue lying and not deliver!
Drives: 2011 Porsche 958, 1965 Chevy C10, 1988 Porsche 944 Sold:2010 e90 Montego Blue, 2013 F30 EBII, 2013 Tangerine Scream Ford Focus ST, 2006 Mini R50,2004 VW Touareg, 2012 Camaro Convertible, 2008 Porsche 911 Convertible, 2007 Corvette, 2004 BMW e64 convertible, 2000 Dodge Dakota, 1999 Ford F150, 1999 Porsche Boxster, 1999 Ferrari Modena, 1992 BMW e36, 1990 Nissan 240sx, 1979 Celica, 1974 Mustang II
My Build Thread
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2015, 01:21 AM   #37
miata22
Enlisted Member
Hong Kong
Rep

Paypal has extended the days to 180. I told them I will give them 3 more weeks, if I dont receive the trunk and diffuser then I will apply a full refund.

Thanks for your alert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roll_the_dice View Post
It's a scam...don't believe anything DD says...get your money back if you are within the 45 days on paypal (if that is how you paid). Their end game is to make you wait until you are past any resolution date, so they can continue lying and not deliver!

Appreciate 0
      01-22-2015, 10:06 AM   #38
Blindside_137
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 SSII E90 M3 ZCP

Everyone has their own experiences. But DD couldn't have treated me better.

I ordered a DD diffuser through LTMW (oddly enough because of stories like this and fitment worried me) I liked the idea of letting LTMW handle everything and back me up if it didn't fit. I waited over 5 months for the diffuser and I don't know if it was LTMW giving me the run around, or if they were getting it from DD.

Regardless, when my diffuser finally showed up it was not the performance style I wanted. LTMW was polite and paid for return shipping and just mixed up boxes. I finally got my performance diffuser a week later.

Unfortunately the very next day after installing my new bumper and diffuser it was obliterated when I was rear ended. I talked with LTMW about a replacement and they didn't want to do it again or couldn't tell me when I would get one (I'm not too sure now it was a while back)

I took a chance and emailed DD. I got a reply within a few hours, and one performance diffuser was in stock. I wanted a white DD logo but I wanted a diffuser asap more than I cared about the logo. I actually like the red DD logo now and they sent me the diffuser in a week. Both diffusers have perfect fitment. And my current weave is flawless and in a gorgeous 2x2 twill pattern.

Talk about a turn around time comparing 5 months to one week.

I would definitely buy from them again. But I would first make sure the item is in stock. The waits can be absurd.

Appreciate 0
      01-23-2015, 01:36 AM   #39
miata22
Enlisted Member
Hong Kong
Rep

I totally agree with you, different people has different experiences with them. I do heard good things about them before as well and this is why I kept my patience with them.

DD has good design and products, but instead of keep inventing new products they must up their service level as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindside_137 View Post
Everyone has their own experiences. But DD couldn't have treated me better.

I ordered a DD diffuser through LTMW (oddly enough because of stories like this and fitment worried me) I liked the idea of letting LTMW handle everything and back me up if it didn't fit. I waited over 5 months for the diffuser and I don't know if it was LTMW giving me the run around, or if they were getting it from DD.

Regardless, when my diffuser finally showed up it was not the performance style I wanted. LTMW was polite and paid for return shipping and just mixed up boxes. I finally got my performance diffuser a week later.

Unfortunately the very next day after installing my new bumper and diffuser it was obliterated when I was rear ended. I talked with LTMW about a replacement and they didn't want to do it again or couldn't tell me when I would get one (I'm not too sure now it was a while back)

I took a chance and emailed DD. I got a reply within a few hours, and one performance diffuser was in stock. I wanted a white DD logo but I wanted a diffuser asap more than I cared about the logo. I actually like the red DD logo now and they sent me the diffuser in a week. Both diffusers have perfect fitment. And my current weave is flawless and in a gorgeous 2x2 twill pattern.

Talk about a turn around time comparing 5 months to one week.

I would definitely buy from them again. But I would first make sure the item is in stock. The waits can be absurd.

Appreciate 0
      03-17-2015, 09:09 PM   #40
miata22
Enlisted Member
Hong Kong
Rep

Just to give everyone an update, I finally received nothing from Duke Dynamics, I have spoken twice on the phone with Mr. Duke Tong and at the end he didn't kept his promise, I file a dispute on paypal and I got fully refund except I lost 80USD due to exchange rate conversion. The total time I spend about this case is around 3.5 months, from Dec 3rd I make the payment from paypal until yesterday I received the funds back.

I feel extremely disappointed with Duke Dynamics, how they respond to their customer on email or by phone, I kept seeing they making new products on facebook and asking people to buy or order, I wonder how they going to do their business with this type of customer service and manufacturing issues. After all, this is only my personal experience with them, I am sure there are lucky ones out there who is happy with them , question is would you like to bet?

Appreciate 0
      03-27-2015, 04:29 PM   #41
AlanYoro35i
Senior Troll
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Coming soon-718 Cayman S

I hate this company, after 3 months of waiting and repeatedly told them i want my refund , they would not refund and sent me a faulty diffuser!!

Now: 718 Cayman GTS / F83 M4
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2015, 03:08 PM   #42
MahiC
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 e92 m3 ZCP Jet Black .

Same things happening with me. I ordered a diffuser on feb. 26, then sent an email on March. 24, they said they would send it out by next week and it's already May and I haven't heard anything from them since. I've tried contacting them but no response. I'm thinking about disputing the payment it's already been more than 3 months.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2015, 03:33 PM   #43
shadow191
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 Volvo XC90 R-Design

I would file the dispute, most CC issuers are pretty lenient about the time frame to file disputes especially if the merchant gave you a shipment date and such. I've filed disputes well over 90 days when I was trying to give a merchant the benefit of the doubt and I got my money back.

Plus, if a merchant has too many disputes and CC chargebacks filed, they'll lose their merchant account. Same for those who paid through Paypal, they will suspend and lock merchant accounts if there are a large number of disputes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahiC View Post
Same things happening with me. I ordered a diffuser on feb. 26, then sent an email on March. 24, they said they would send it out by next week and it's already May and I haven't heard anything from them since. I've tried contacting them but no response. I'm thinking about disputing the payment it's already been more than 3 months.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2015, 10:48 AM   #44
Infam0us1
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

So here my story why not to order from duke dynamics they have horrible service and do not reply to emails or calls. So on March 16 2015 I placed an order with duke dynamics for a power vented lci hood and 3 fin diffuser and was told by duke (copy from email)
"The double side carbon fiber fiber hood is custom order only, lead time 1
1/2 to 2 months. The 3 fins carbon fiber diffuser, lead time 2 weeks."
i haven't received any update on my order I have called and email many times and no reply. Then I decided to email them from another email pretending I was interested in ordering a hood and 2 hours later I receive an email from them I instantly replied back and no email back. They are very sketchy and are only out to steal your money. If I get no reply soon I'm Going to get my lawyers involved.
once again do not order from duke unless you want your money stolen
Appreciate 0