E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > 2015...people getting rid of E9x???

02-17-2015, 07:37 AM   #23
djgandy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

Garage List
2011 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by erchie84 View Post

Spends its life in here offers over a fiver pls
Maybe it got annoyed that you own a bike
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2015, 12:27 PM   #24
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerr View Post
I'd say most people only keep their cars for 2 or 3 years. There will always be a cycle of people buying and selling.

I've kept mine for much longer than normal. Not really got any immediate replacement plans either.
Correct. But this year I have seen more cars for sale after xmas. And some of them are not really old.

Good that you are keeping your car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by omaragha View Post
Will be selling my E93 for M4 Cab once prices have come down to 40 something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah1 View Post
Will also be keeping mine can't think of anything that ticks the boxes like my current e90... Well that's with my price range

In actual fact, E9x can be a bargain considering what other companies offer for the same price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by windymissile View Post
I was going to mention this too, Sam.
I guess it's a combination of Xams bills catching up and people looking to move onto new projects in time for the summer. Good time to take advantage of some great prices.
WM
Good observation WM. It might be xmas bill but I think people want to move on to different brand / upgrade their car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gangzoom View Post
Wouldn't be selling mine any time soon. No interest in getting a F series. My next car wouldn't have an internal combustion engine, so might as well hold onto the lovely in-line 5 for as long as possible
Hybrid toys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zltm089 View Post
e9x starting to look a bit outdated now IMO.

M5s prices are very tempting! ....and you get 550bhp std...
pre-LCI E9x looks outdated now. LCI e9x are different things...

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92Dan View Post
The basic design of the car is almost a decade old now, so I guess people fancy something a little more up to date
That is exactly how I thought about it.

E90/1 was launched in 2005 and E92/3 in late 2006 (if I am not wrong)..

I must say that they still have road presence.

Saw LCI E92 along with F10 m sports....

LCI e92 looked way more sexy as it was lower and 313 wheels. F10 looked like a ugly giant. Both cars were standard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gangzoom View Post
The design may be old but I cannot see much wrong with my E90, or how much nicer a F30 would make my life/driving experience.

People still rave about E30 and E46 M cars as been pure to drive etc. Whilst I can afford to 'upgrade' to a F30 I just don't see the point. Afterall virtually the entire F30 range still use the same engines as the E9X.

I simply struggle to see how a F30 335i is £20k+ better than my E90. I have however noticed F10 M5s have now dropped to just above £35k.....But sadly not sure if I can afford the running costs, add to the fact we are likely to move house in 4-5 years time which will result a massive jump in our current mortgage payments, personally I rather aim to get a 50% deposit for the next mortgage rather than a F series BMW
Its Eight speed ZF gearbox which makes all the difference. However at the expense of 20K....no thanks.

People are complaining of air wind noises and cheap plastic on F30 forum.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by richk84 View Post
I do like the 4 series but I'm not particularly won over by any of the colours on offer. Most F series 1,3 or 4 i see are white or EB II. I still think my LCI e92 is a great shape and still look back when its parked up
I like F30 in EBII.
I second that LCI E9x cars still look great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by djgandy View Post
I wouldn't say there are any more than usual. A lot of people get an itch to buy something else as spring arrives.
IF you sale threads in Jan - Feb 2014, you will agree with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWBimmer View Post
Although mine's beyond the point of return having bagged it LOL, I am toying with selling come next year or 2017... I do still think 335 (i or d) are one of the better engine cars as an all rounder for MPG, thrill, mods available etc.

Compared to the 4 series it looks a little dated but a few mods really does make it stand out.

I can't say it'll be the classic E46 shape but I think it delivers enough road presence with a few nice examples already on the forum.

In saying that, the 4 series is making my nutsack moist! Need to win the lottery and get the M4! Once they hit the 40k mark I think I'll be ready for one!
Your car is beyond reversible if I am not wrong. I think you should start counting what is OEM now

All cars look nice if they are modified decently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWBimmer View Post
Although mine's beyond the point of return having bagged it LOL, I am toying with selling come next year or 2017... I do still think 335 (i or d) are one of the better engine cars as an all rounder for MPG, thrill, mods available etc.

Compared to the 4 series it looks a little dated but a few mods really does make it stand out.

I can't say it'll be the classic E46 shape but I think it delivers enough road presence with a few nice examples already on the forum.

In saying that, the 4 series is making my nutsack moist! Need to win the lottery and get the M4! Once they hit the 40k mark I think I'll be ready for one!
Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waspo View Post
Don't say that Sam, you are just about to Mod my E90 330i again

I love mine, but had it nearly a year and starting to get itchy feet. I can tell this as i am opening the "Car for Sale" post on here!

So anyone wanting an EXTREMELY LOW MILEAGE (23,500) 2006 E90 330i, beautifully modded (By Sam) contact me

Its modified by you Sir!

If you can get your hands on 335i which is currently on sale, please do not hesitate. If I was in a market looking for a decent car, I'd go for that (considering I do not do a lot of mileages).

Quote:
Originally Posted by erchie84 View Post
Worst cars ever why mines goin up for sale
lolz.... looking forward to your sale thread.
      02-17-2015, 02:36 PM   #25
Mani59
BMW Miniature Collector!
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E38 735i SE Individual

With the exception of the F01/02 and F06, I am not a fan of any of the F* generation cars and would happily stick with the E*. They all look too similar and seem to have lost that "BMW" look. The F10 looks a bit podgy.

In my opinion, I think the LCI E90 looks much better than the F30 and a LCI E92 with the M Sport package is gorgeous when compared to a F32.

Visit my (mainly) BMW gallery http://jetone.co.uk
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2015, 02:56 PM   #26
Waspo
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: E90 330i M Sport, Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkan00 View Post

Its modified by you Sir!

If you can get your hands on 335i which is currently on sale, please do not hesitate. If I was in a market looking for a decent car, I'd go for that (considering I do not do a lot of mileages).

lolz.... looking forward to your sale thread.
He has already sold it to me for a tenner. I have paid via paypal

Sam, I would love Andy's 335 (Themanthatcan), but cannot afford an out lay that big. It is a stunner!
      02-17-2015, 03:23 PM   #27
Billyray911
Brigadier General
Venezuela
Rep
Drives: Blah

Looking to sell mine in the near future as the mileage is creeping up.Need another estate for the dogs though and as the E91 335d has been perfect,I'm looking seriously at a used F31.
Thinking about going petrol this time as the tide seems to be turning against diesels and after driving x drive 330s at work,I'm not that impressed to be honest when compared against the s drive versions...
I'm waiting for the Golf R estate to come out.I like the idea,but the photos have left me a bit cold-will have to see one in the flesh.I also like the new S3/RS3.
I think an F31 will be the way I go-new tech,superb 8 speed box and I'll buy a lower mileage one this time.Maybe!
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2015, 05:29 PM   #28
jammy78
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F31 335D

I'm getting rid of mine once I've retained my personal plate!

Not leaving the BMW family tho.... getting a 1 series for the misses which I'll have until the Golf R is built!
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2015, 05:47 PM   #29
Needbmwpartzz
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 bmw 328i x-drive

Keeping mine unless I get a repair I cannot do,and if the repair costs too much.....I got the n52 motor so I hope it will hold up to my abuse.....this has been my most expensive car to maintain up to 100k and I'm fixing everything DIY(all little stuff brakes,fluids,gremlins... fak)....if I had to pay someone else,no way would I keep this car. let see what can happen as I shoot for 200!
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2015, 12:14 PM   #30
gaza01
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Mak its the trend you started! Your fault!!

Mine will never be for sale!...but i do envisage getting another car. Im liking the 5 and 6 series but space wise will need to be the 5 considering the family!
Some lovely 20s on the 5 and i'll be good to go!
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2015, 12:26 PM   #31
magic77
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: ex- 335i

Sometimes its choices and circumstances. I would have kept my E90 and got Sam to do a dash conversion if the car had not been a 320D. Yes in the M Sport and the minor mods it was a great car and low milage after 6 years only 59K but got fed up with diesel clatter. Was going for a 328i but somehow ended up in a 335i
      02-23-2015, 07:34 AM   #32
Kali
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 E93

I like the F30 outside but I prefer the classic sporty interior of e90. Planning to keep my e90 for a long time, so Ill be around.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2015, 01:44 PM   #33
BMWChap
Major
Rep
Drives: F32

Yep my E93 is going this year, well bored of it, a nicely spec'd 435D X Drive Coupe Msport will probably be next
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2015, 03:04 PM   #34
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj59 View Post
With the exception of the F01/02 and F06, I am not a fan of any of the F* generation cars and would happily stick with the E*. They all look too similar and seem to have lost that "BMW" look. The F10 looks a bit podgy.

In my opinion, I think the LCI E90 looks much better than the F30 and a LCI E92 with the M Sport package is gorgeous when compared to a F32.
Each to their own. We had all this when E9x was launched. People preferred E4x at that time.

LCI E9x are still beautiful cars with xenons. But design wise F3x is more stylish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waspo View Post
He has already sold it to me for a tenner. I have paid via paypal

Sam, I would love Andy's 335 (Themanthatcan), but cannot afford an out lay that big. It is a stunner!
Thats the car I referred mate. Nice one. I would have bought it if I was not in F series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billyray911 View Post
Looking to sell mine in the near future as the mileage is creeping up.Need another estate for the dogs though and as the E91 335d has been perfect,I'm looking seriously at a used F31.
Thinking about going petrol this time as the tide seems to be turning against diesels and after driving x drive 330s at work,I'm not that impressed to be honest when compared against the s drive versions...
I'm waiting for the Golf R estate to come out.I like the idea,but the photos have left me a bit cold-will have to see one in the flesh.I also like the new S3/RS3.
I think an F31 will be the way I go-new tech,superb 8 speed box and I'll buy a lower mileage one this time.Maybe!
Seriously, F31 is a nice looking car. Interior quality may not be as good as e9x but still its the way ahead. All manufacturers are compromising interiors to get rid of weight and to comply with European emission regulations... Something has to sacrifice somewhere...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammy78 View Post
I'm getting rid of mine once I've retained my personal plate!

Not leaving the BMW family tho.... getting a 1 series for the misses which I'll have until the Golf R is built!
F2x or E8x?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needbmwpartzz View Post
Keeping mine unless I get a repair I cannot do,and if the repair costs too much.....I got the n52 motor so I hope it will hold up to my abuse.....this has been my most expensive car to maintain up to 100k and I'm fixing everything DIY(all little stuff brakes,fluids,gremlins... fak)....if I had to pay someone else,no way would I keep this car. let see what can happen as I shoot for 200!
Repairs and bmws go side by side....Actually most of the cars these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaza01 View Post
Mak its the trend you started! Your fault!!

Mine will never be for sale!...but i do envisage getting another car. Im liking the 5 and 6 series but space wise will need to be the 5 considering the family!
Some lovely 20s on the 5 and i'll be good to go!
Lolz

I truly think that its time to move on. I am really sorry but I have to say that E9x is becoming cheap and there are so many chavs modding these cars badly. It hurts me when I see a ruined E9x!

5 series is very subtle and hard to modify. Nothing impossible in your dictionary though. 6 Series are expensive for unknown reasons....

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic77 View Post
Sometimes its choices and circumstances. I would have kept my E90 and got Sam to do a dash conversion if the car had not been a 320D. Yes in the M Sport and the minor mods it was a great car and low milage after 6 years only 59K but got fed up with diesel clatter. Was going for a 328i but somehow ended up in a 335i
You are defo in nicer car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali View Post
I like the F30 outside but I prefer the classic sporty interior of e90. Planning to keep my e90 for a long time, so Ill be around.
Some people likes the interior of F3x / F1x. I must say that in all honesty, E9x interior looks outdated unless if you have
- CIC / NBT
- DCT steering wheel
- Performance shifter
and this list will go on and on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4KingUK View Post
Yep my E93 is going this year, well bored of it, a nicely spec'd 435D X Drive Coupe Msport will probably be next

Thats the spirit....
      02-24-2015, 03:51 AM   #35
djgandy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

Garage List
2011 M3  [0.00]
Quote:

Some people likes the interior of F3x / F1x. I must say that in all honesty, E9x interior looks outdated unless if you have
- CIC / NBT
- DCT steering wheel
- Performance shifter
and this list will go on and on...
I think this is the key. Very well specified cars age much better.

CIC, DCT, Piano black, Harmon Kardon, Champagne leather and Le Mans blue or something make a car look much better than run of the mill Silver/Black with Black with no options.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2015, 03:52 AM   #36
EvlShiftrE92
Lieutenant Colonel
Nicaragua
Rep
Drives: 😈 2016/17 M2 😈

Quote:
Guys
Just observed a trend going on the forum....

There are so many E9x for sale this year ranging from 335i - 335d - 320i - 320d.... and so on.
Some of them are highly modified and very well kept!

What is going on?
Is E9x outdated now?
Are we looking for alternates? Different brands or same brand but F series?

Just my observation and I am sure many of you may have noticed this.

Some of those cars are and tempting...but selling F series for E series will be
I'm keeping mine I'm done with car payments
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2015, 06:26 AM   #37
pinco000
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F48

I would swap my beloved e92 lci with 313s only for a loaded 4 series with 19" alloys
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2015, 07:24 AM   #38
E92Dan
Captain
Rep
Drives: 330d

I think it always the interior of a car that ages it. Even interiors with updated kit.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2015, 07:31 AM   #39
gaza01
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

The true fact of the matter is that this cycle is all about affordability. Not many users on here are brand new buyers. The original members selling up are the 1st resale buyers who'd have purchased when the cars had dropped in price to circa low 20s high teens. Then the 2nd resale buyers follow on as the value of the cars drop to low teens and lower - as 1st resale buyers sell up.
Reasons for sale vary from boredom to class structure where people don't want to be associated with the less affluent of the society. This is just general though and as with everything there are always exceptions.

For me I couldn't give 2 hoots about how I'd be classed. My e46 I had for 8yrs! My e93 I bought when it was 2.5 years old and it was mid 20s in price. I then more or less straight swapped it for the e92 4 years later as I had a vision of modding an e92 to death. It also made more practical sense at the time space wise. As mentioned above car payments are a biatch also....but I can't really say I'm saving by keeping the car because the mod list is that extensive. I'm keeping out of enjoyment. In my man math logic however...this still works out to be cheaper. Don't ask me how! lol!
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2015, 07:32 AM   #40
AdamC
Captain
Rep
Drives: LCI M135i

Garage List
I will be jumping ship to a F30 most likely this year or if not, next.
Not rushing this time and settling for a lower spec car, will wait until the spec I want is in my budget.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2015, 03:11 PM   #41
Kerr
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW M235I

Quote:
I'd say most people only keep their cars for 2 or 3 years. There will always be a cycle of people buying and selling.

I've kept mine for much longer than normal. Not really got any immediate replacement plans either.
Bit of a change of heart again.

Got the urge for a change again and have been out test driving. Cars are bloody expensive these days, and way way too many boxes to tick.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2015, 03:26 PM   #42
Sparky68
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2 Alpine White

Garage List
2016 BMW M2  [0.50]
2017 BMW F30 330D  [0.00]
2014 M135  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
I was thinking about it but would only move to a M3 on the same platform.
      03-14-2015, 05:26 PM   #43
gangzoom
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E90 335i M sport

Been primary driving the new Lexus for the last 2 weeks, and the thought of swapping my E90 335i for something newer has crossed my mind, especially since the 335i has done a total of less than 30 miles since we picked up the Lexus 14 days ago!!

After all the new car has more gadgets than I can work out, Electric/auto/memory everything including the steering column, an excellent stereo, amazing refinement, more than enough speed, and double the mpg of my 335i (Despite relative cold weather, and engine still bedding in).

BUT, the 30 miles I did in the 335 reminded me no amount of gadgets/technology makes for the lovely smooth twinturbo unit, Birds B3 suspension, and a Quaife LSD

So instead of looking for a 335 replacement, I've decided to try and get some power mirrors retrofitted....It may not be much, but spending 300-400 is about 20k+ cheaper than getting a new car, in anycase I cannot afford it so I'll be sticking with the E90

Last edited by gangzoom; 03-14-2015 at 06:53 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2015, 06:34 AM   #44
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Bit of a change of heart again.

Got the urge for a change again and have been out test driving. Cars are bloody expensive these days, and way way too many boxes to tick.
Come on Kerr, go and get one

Hope its not Merc.