E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > just ordered manzerna ip & po85rd

06-02-2009, 02:01 PM   #1
Jonny550
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2012 550i Xdrive

just ordered manzerna ip & po85rd

so i took Dom's advice aka shceerspeed and ordered myself a 32 oz of manzerna intensive polish(not sip)and a 32oz bottle of po85rd(highly recommended from alot of detailing site and Dom).The reason i did not order sip is because it seemed a lil to harsh for my swirl mark problem yet i almost bought it,i will see how the ip and 85rd works before i go for the sip.

process will be

1.wash dry car
2.clean wax wheels
3.clay bar entire car (meguirs showtime clay)
4.manzerna intensive polish on 3m waffle compounding foam pad
5.manzerna po85rd on 3m waffle polishing pad
6.zymol blue cleaner wax or mothers synwax

i will take before and after pics.

i know i should use a glaze or sealant but iam just ganna go with wax for now and if i like it alot iall invest in some jet-seal.All polishing is being done by a makita copy rotary polisher.

specs.....Montego blue sedan,has not been waxed in 4 months,swirled out like a twisty cone from from dairy queen.

questions,comments?

Appreciate 0
      06-02-2009, 02:32 PM   #2
twinturboa51
Captain
Armenia
Rep
Drives: Mineral Grey F80 M3

i would drop the cleaner wax. i'm pretty sure turtle wax makes it. im not sure about the megs as i have never used it. but i would drop those two in favor of a carnuba like Poorboys natty blue especially for montego. i love the depth and gloss itgave my car for $20.

Heres my montego with nattys
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255931
      06-02-2009, 03:07 PM   #3
dr.jay
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 135

Your gonna love PO85RD, I have never used a cleaner wax are they any good??
      06-02-2009, 06:45 PM   #4
Jonny550
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2012 550i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.jay View Post
Your gonna love PO85RD, I have never used a cleaner wax are they any good??
i donno if it is good or not but everyone tells me wax is wax
witch i find hard to believe but if anyone has ever used bed head hair gel it looks and smells like it lol.(iam prolly just ganna go with the mothers synwax)

funny thing is i was not ganna buy the polish before i got advice from shceer because i walked into this auto paint store and i told him i had a rotary polisher and this 3m polish wasnt taking out the swirls and then he said "well thats because you need a orbital because it does not spin it ORBITS and it just !!!! SHAKES AND SPINNS AND DOES ALL THESE WACKY ORBITS IT MIXES UP THE PAINT AND FILLS IN THE SWIRLS AND HIDES THEM"and then he went on to say "it impossible to get rid of swirls you have to wetsand the car in order to do that you could only hide swirls".So from there i figured that he had no idea wtf he was talking about so i just purchased the manzerna
just a funny story lol.

Appreciate 0
      06-02-2009, 08:04 PM   #5
zaxjax
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 Crimson Red 335i

Garage List
2008 335i  [9.00]
If you have bad swirls you may regret not getting SIP. IP doesn't have the cut that I prefer, but you may make several passes and have to go back again. good luck and take your time.
      06-02-2009, 09:29 PM   #6
Chris J
Learning "The Art"
United_States
Rep
Drives: Black BMW 335i

Somebody needs to say this....Wax is not all the same! Do not apply store bought waxes to your vehicle. You will ruin all the polish work that you just put into it. If price is an issue the cheapest decent quality wax is collinite #476 detergent proof auto wax...It beads water like crazy and lasts for quite a while. Anything you buy from the store is going to be absolute crap. Remember those products are made for people who have absolutely no clue on how to detail a car. They barely work that way in case some idiot desides to go crazy and over wax his car he cant go over the manufacturer for the damage that was done.
Appreciate 0