E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Hawaii > Any independent shops that can do warranty work?

05-14-2011, 09:02 PM   #1
808MGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

Any independent shops that can do warranty work?

I'm looking for someplace other than the dealership to get warranty work done. Does one exist on the island? All I need done is the 37k mile scheduled spark plug replacement.
      05-14-2011, 09:18 PM   #2
808E90
808E90
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 ///M

If its covered under warranty then why not take it to the dealer?
LTMW FTL . Karbonwerks LCI Trunk . Vorsteiner Poly Front Lip . NA Motorsports LUX H8 . RECARO Pole Position Seats . BMW Performance Pedals . BMW Performance Performance Grills . BMW Painted Fender Grills . BBS 19x9.5 19x11 LMs . Michelin PS2 265/295 . H&R Sport Springs . Wheel Mate 45/55MM Stud Kit . BBS Red Lug Nuts . ESS VT1 Supercharger . Akrapovic GT4 Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2011, 09:30 PM   #3
808E90
808E90
United_States
Rep

BTW ... Congrats!!
LTMW FTL . Karbonwerks LCI Trunk . Vorsteiner Poly Front Lip . NA Motorsports LUX H8 . RECARO Pole Position Seats . BMW Performance Pedals . BMW Performance Performance Grills . BMW Painted Fender Grills . BBS 19x9.5 19x11 LMs . Michelin PS2 265/295 . H&R Sport Springs . Wheel Mate 45/55MM Stud Kit . BBS Red Lug Nuts . ESS VT1 Supercharger . Akrapovic GT4 Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2011, 12:41 AM   #4
808elise
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: CB E46 and SG E92 M3s

Garage List
Is this for the x5 or did u trade the m?
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2011, 03:09 AM   #5
808MGuy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808E90 View Post
If its covered under warranty then why not take it to the dealer?
They have screwed up too many times. I don't even want to deal with them anymore.

Thanks for the congrats.
      05-15-2011, 03:23 PM   #6
808E90
808E90
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808MGuy View Post
They have screwed up too many times. I don't even want to deal with them anymore.

Thanks for the congrats.
Dang sorry to hear ... Who was your SA?

BTW ... Try AA
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2011, 05:36 PM   #7
Evan_RS
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M

Quote:

Thanks for the congrats.
Please share what they screwed up?
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2011, 06:31 PM   #8
808MGuy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808E90 View Post
Dang sorry to hear ... Who was your SA?

BTW ... Try AA
Its less the SA and more the management and the techs. I've worked with both Mike and Bill. Was with Bill when I first got the car and about 1 month after I put my springs on, I broke a rear trailing arm. Of course, they blamed the springs which was expected but when they aligned the car the right side was over 0.5 degree off from the left and they told me that's the best they could do because of my aftermarket suspension. Only when I told them that another shop had aligned it to factory specs 2 weeks prior did they agree to do it over again. Second time they got it within spec and then gave me a lame excuse about a new guy working on it. The shop foreman comes off with the attitude like he's never wrong.

So after that episode, I started working with Mike. We were fine right up until this past incident. I had some rain leaking into the car and they said its because of the adhesive on the vapor barrier wasn't sticking. I had previously taken those areas off when I installed my speakers and apparently it doesn't stick well when reapplied. So they redid it (charged me of course) but in the process of doing that they damaged the moleskin T&T put on for my tint. I'm not sure what they did to do that. They said it was because they had to take off the door panel but that's BS because I've taken it off over a dozen times without damaging it. So its starting to peel off now and leaving adhesive residue all over the inside of my window. When I told Mike about it he said because its not their part, they are not responsible and would not fix it. I told him when I brought it in everything was fine and they damaged it so they should fix it regardless of who's part it is but he insisted that they would not be responsible for fixing it.

So I email my salesman and ask him to forward my concerns to the service and general manager which he does. I get a call back from the service manager and he's asking what happened and I explain it to him. He goes on about his policy regarding aftermarket parts and I tell him I will never recommend anyone to buy a BMW ever again after this incident. We go on and on about the damage and he asks me to bring the car in for him to see the damage. I told him I don't want to let them touch it so I'll go to T&T and let them fix it. After I tell him T&T told me it would be $25 to fix he finally backs off and says they'll pay for it which is BS. He only said that because it was only $25 but if it was something more expensive I'm sure we'd still be arguing about it. It shouldn't have mattered how much it was. All they matters was that they damaged something and they weren't owning up to it.

In addition to all of that, I asked Mike if my spark plugs had been replaced because they are due at 37,000 miles. Mike said no they weren't but they aren't due for 100,000. I get home and look in the manual and right in the manual it says replace spark plugs every 37,000 miles. They can't even get their service schedules correct. I shouldn't be the one telling them what services are required. They are supposed to be the experts but at this point, I don't trust them for anything.

Its too bad they are the only dealer in town because that will just stop me from buying a BMW ever again. I had much better service at Audi and I think that's where I'll end up once I'm done with this car.
      05-15-2011, 10:31 PM   #9
808E90
808E90
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Its less the SA and more the management and the techs. I've worked with both Mike and Bill. Was with Bill when I first got the car and about 1 month after I put my springs on, I broke a rear trailing arm. Of course, they blamed the springs which was expected but when they aligned the car the right side was over 0.5 degree off from the left and they told me that's the best they could do because of my aftermarket suspension. Only when I told them that another shop had aligned it to factory specs 2 weeks prior did they agree to do it over again. Second time they got it within spec and then gave me a lame excuse about a new guy working on it. The shop foreman comes off with the attitude like he's never wrong.

So after that episode, I started working with Mike. We were fine right up until this past incident. I had some rain leaking into the car and they said its because of the adhesive on the vapor barrier wasn't sticking. I had previously taken those areas off when I installed my speakers and apparently it doesn't stick well when reapplied. So they redid it (charged me of course) but in the process of doing that they damaged the moleskin T&T put on for my tint. I'm not sure what they did to do that. They said it was because they had to take off the door panel but that's BS because I've taken it off over a dozen times without damaging it. So its starting to peel off now and leaving adhesive residue all over the inside of my window. When I told Mike about it he said because its not their part, they are not responsible and would not fix it. I told him when I brought it in everything was fine and they damaged it so they should fix it regardless of who's part it is but he insisted that they would not be responsible for fixing it.

So I email my salesman and ask him to forward my concerns to the service and general manager which he does. I get a call back from the service manager and he's asking what happened and I explain it to him. He goes on about his policy regarding aftermarket parts and I tell him I will never recommend anyone to buy a BMW ever again after this incident. We go on and on about the damage and he asks me to bring the car in for him to see the damage. I told him I don't want to let them touch it so I'll go to T&T and let them fix it. After I tell him T&T told me it would be $25 to fix he finally backs off and says they'll pay for it which is BS. He only said that because it was only $25 but if it was something more expensive I'm sure we'd still be arguing about it. It shouldn't have mattered how much it was. All they matters was that they damaged something and they weren't owning up to it.

In addition to all of that, I asked Mike if my spark plugs had been replaced because they are due at 37,000 miles. Mike said no they weren't but they aren't due for 100,000. I get home and look in the manual and right in the manual it says replace spark plugs every 37,000 miles. They can't even get their service schedules correct. I shouldn't be the one telling them what services are required. They are supposed to be the experts but at this point, I don't trust them for anything.

Its too bad they are the only dealer in town because that will just stop me from buying a BMW ever again. I had much better service at Audi and I think that's where I'll end up once I'm done with this car.
Sorry to hear Billy ... Mike Igarashi has been top notch to me from day one.
I heard horror stories about Audi and that was the reason I decided to keep my car and not trade it in for the SUV. I guess no matter where you go there will always be good and bad stories.
Appreciate 0