E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > FS: Vishnu/FFTEC VFF600 Single Turbo Kit

01-07-2013, 08:20 PM   #45
D27
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: e93

Pm sent
      01-07-2013, 09:15 PM   #46
skinrock
Agent Smith
Rep
Drives: 2016 i8

Garage List
2016 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by D27 View Post
Pm sent
Replied, but I guess I need to re-iterate...$6500 is a FIRM price. I'm not sure what you guys think this goes for, but if you add everything up, including all the options I chose, it is about $11k retail
      01-07-2013, 09:43 PM   #47
pjdizzle94
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 m3 and others

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinrock View Post
Replied, but I guess I need to re-iterate...$6500 is a FIRM price. I'm not sure what you guys think this goes for, but if you add everything up, including all the options I chose, it is about $11k retail
damn thats a sweet price. screw n55
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2013, 12:19 PM   #48
skinrock
Agent Smith
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW i8  [10.00]
ttt
      01-10-2013, 04:35 PM   #49
Mahhvinn
EUROPROJEKTZ
United_States
Rep
Drives: backwards

Garage List
2008 E90 335i  [7.00]
Seriously, people do not understand what an amazing price this is. SMH. Go to the Vishnu website and add all the options/upgrades and it will be about $11,000 or $12,000. That's without installation labor as well.

He has his kit priced at $6,500 and people are still complaining its too high? You must be smoking some crazy stuff to think that. If you can't afford it than stop tire kicking and low balling. Go settle for some RB's or AWD upgrades. Even then you might complain those are too expensive.

Sorry for the rant, Ryan, but some people are just plain retarded.

#TeamStretchNPoke
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2013, 04:39 PM   #50
335_MI6
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahhvinn View Post
Seriously, people do not understand what an amazing price this is. SMH. Go to the Vishnu website and add all the options/upgrades and it will be about $11,000 or $12,000. That's without installation labor as well.

He has his kit priced at $6,500 and people are still complaining its too high? You must be smoking some crazy stuff to think that. If you can't afford it than stop tire kicking and low balling. Go settle for some RB's or AWD upgrades. Even then you might complain those are too expensive.

true shit, this is a great deal
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2013, 08:10 PM   #51
SIKH335
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [1.00]
Bump for a good kit and a great guy
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2013, 10:01 PM   #52
joec500
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: it has 4 wheels

BUMP...Also you would have to pay tax if you live in CA.
2007 E92 6MT SGM: MusicarNW Level 2, Procede Rev 2.5, FFTEC/Vishnu LPFP with Flexfuel Sensor and Flash, M3 Offset V701's, WaveTrac LSD, Michelin PSS, Downpipes, M3 Control Arms, TCKline D/A Suspension, LCI Tail lights, Lux AE's, ER Charge Pipe, DCI's, Mtech Front and Rear, M3 Sideskirts, HPF Stage 1 Clutch
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2013, 11:31 AM   #53
tmo335tt
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 2008 335i

This is a kick ass deal.. I paid more for my kit, the options add up fast.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2013, 12:29 PM   #54
Elliott@DetailAddict
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

Free bump for Ryan.
This is a crazy deal. Someone jump on it!
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2013, 04:24 PM   #55
ign335i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahhvinn View Post

Supply and demand. Just because something is priced at $1,000,000 doesn't make it worth that much. To be honest $12,000 is a rip off for what you get considering the entire car itself is around $21,000. There are few people with enough money to drop on this kit and even fewer with that much money laying around who would make such a decision. The poor performance at shift sector and transmission issues are another red flag.

There are too many other options priced much more reasonably (RBs) to make this a buy at $6,500. Nevertheless it only takes one buyer so I wish the seller best of luck. Its definitely a sweet kit, no doubt about that.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2013, 04:39 PM   #56
skinrock
Agent Smith
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ign335i View Post
Supply and demand. Just because something is priced at $1,000,000 doesn't make it worth that much. To be honest $12,000 is a rip off for what you get considering the entire car itself is around $21,000. There are few people with enough money to drop on this kit and even fewer with that much money laying around who would make such a decision. The poor performance at shift sector and transmission issues are another red flag.

There are too many other options priced much more reasonably (RBs) to make this a buy at $6,500. Nevertheless it only takes one buyer so I wish the seller best of luck. Its definitely a sweet kit, no doubt about that.
Weird, I didn't have poor performance at shift sector. The only issue I ran into was my very last run at the end of the second day, where it didn't want to stay in 5th gear when we tried tweaking some settings...oh but RB turbo guys had that problem as well. It's not single related. All my previous runs were fine. For non-track driving, you will never notice it, it's an absolute beast on the street.

As far as other options being priced reasonably, please don't compare this to RBs. The fact that you would even do so says a lot. This is putting over 600 to the wheel on autos, without E85 (and shitty CA91 gas mind you). Shiv is doing E85 testing on manuals and it's in the 700 territory. There is NO other option that compares and makes this too expensive at $6500.

It's absolutely astonishing that you guys think $12000 is a rip off for DOUBLING the power of a stock 300hp car. I wonder if the M3 guys complain this much about the $15k superchargers that don't even put down as much torque.

Thanks for the other positive bumps, though.
      01-11-2013, 05:32 PM   #57
ign335i
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Weird, I didn't have poor performance at shift sector. The only issue I ran into was my very last run at the end of the second day, where it didn't want to stay in 5th gear when we tried tweaking some settings...oh but RB turbo guys had that problem as well. It's not single related. All my previous runs were fine. For non-track driving, you will never notice it, it's an absolute beast on the street.

As far as other options being priced reasonably, please don't compare this to RBs. The fact that you would even do so says a lot. This is putting over 600 to the wheel on autos, without E85 (and shitty CA91 gas mind you). Shiv is doing E85 testing on manuals and it's in the 700 territory. There is NO other option that compares and makes this too expensive at $6500.

It's absolutely astonishing that you guys think $12000 is a rip off for DOUBLING the power of a stock 300hp car. I wonder if the M3 guys complain this much about the $15k superchargers that don't even put down as much torque.

I don't control the market. The lack of a buyer is telling you what its worth. That being said 600whp is only 60-70 more than the RBs are seeing, but the RB power curve is much thicker. In anything but the highest gears (which these cars cant do anyway because the AT opens) the RB will hang with or exceed a 600whp single. Did any ST cars outrun the RBs at shift sector? I was under the impression they didn't by the huge hype followed by no videos and tales of nothing but problems.

Like I said though, awesome kit with a lot of potential, just not one of the more popular ones right now. I am sure if you hang in there and Shiv gets more power out of these things that the demand will go up.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2013, 06:08 PM   #58
skinrock
Agent Smith
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ign335i
Quote:

I don't control the market. The lack of a buyer is telling you what its worth. That being said 600whp is only 60-70 more than the RBs are seeing, but the RB power curve is much thicker. In anything but the highest gears (which these cars cant do anyway because the AT opens) the RB will hang with or exceed a 600whp single. Did any ST cars outrun the RBs at shift sector? I was under the impression they didn't by the huge hype followed by no videos and tales of nothing but problems.

Like I said though, awesome kit with a lot of potential, just not one of the more popular ones right now. I am sure if you hang in there and Shiv gets more power out of these things that the demand will go up.
I can't recall if there were RB vs. Single runs, I don't think there were. Sick335 wanted to run, but we never seemed to catch each other at the right time. I personally didn't get good videos due to issues with my GoPros. I explained it elsewhere, but basically one camera wouldn't keep a charge and the other I placed in the cabin, which turned out to be a poor spot. I had one video where I kept up with the red tuned Z06 until the last gear, so I was pretty happy with that. I was running 25lb 19" VMRs with full sedan interior.

I don't want this to turn into an RB debate, but there are a number of areas where the single truly shines. As far as the power curve goes, the single makes more power from about 4k to redline and doesn't drop off. When you are racing and going wide open, you are spending the entire time in that power band. And like you mentioned, as time goes on they will keep making more power - I think Shiv had gained 100hp in the past few months alone. I think we will crack 800 given time, so this is just an opportunity to jump in at a great price and enjoy having one of a handful of the fastest 335i's in the world. And in all honesty I don't foresee the other single kits driving the price down to this level, because they have just as much R&D investment, and they need to recover the costs as well. One more kit is nothing like flooding the market with intercoolers or downpipes, this has to be a top notch kit.
      01-11-2013, 06:38 PM   #59
SIKH335
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [1.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ign335i
Quote:

What a prick u enter someone's for sale thread to talk shit about the fact that you bought your used 335i for $21,000 couldn't afford it new and can't afford a used Single turbo. Backing it up with misinformation. Who do you think you are. More specifically there are a large number of people that spent up to $50,000 plus on the E9X's, that's why you are able to buy a used one for $21,000. Beyond that the lack of buyers shows nothing more than people have a lack of funds for the kit at this moment.

To bring up a Trans issue that is an issue for all 6AT's with any upgraded turbo option and blame it on the kit is bull. To state there is only a 60-70 HP increase over RB's is a flat out lie. Compare a 6MT single to a 6MT RB car. It's the same kit and cost. Your talking 100-150hp not the lies your spewing. As for Shift sector yes it was not what we anticipated I was there my motor the kit were perfect the Trans had issues which I'm personally trying to resolve. If you think for a minute that the same Trans issue does not come up with 6AT RB cars your dreaming. Sick335 was there and had the same issue. In our case it was more pronounced as we are pushing a lot more HP.

I would say this that this thread is not the place or the time for you start a ST bash as you have. This is a person For Sale Thread. Have some respect!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2013, 01:14 PM   #60
skinrock
Agent Smith
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW i8  [10.00]
Why did I sell the car?

It was a choice I made, simple as that. I did not trade it for a faster car, I traded it for something more practical and newer. Yes, I actually said one of the things I was looking for was an in dash navigation - it was the ONE thing I regretted about my BMW, ask any of my friends. I am a geek at heart. I have been a programmer for 10 years, my entire professional career. I bought the BMW when I moved to California because I had always wanted a fast and luxurious car, and I finally had the opportunity to do so. Now that I've gotten to see what true power feels like, I began revisiting what had always been bugging me - the interior and dash were never really something that truly appealed to me. It was basically a sacrifice to me in order to have a fast car. Retrofitting in the nav was out of the question, though. It was too expensive and too time-consuming.

Why am I being singled out for wanting to trade in my 6 year old car for a brand new 2013 car? Having an integrated 8" flush touch screen, with built in GPS, Sirius radio, full phone integration, etc. is a geek's dream. I love technology, and they went all out on it. I had the car for 2 years, it progressed from the simplest of cosmetic mods to the most extreme of performance mods. I enjoyed it, did pretty much everything, and so it was time to move on.

By the way, I bought a COBB, drove down to SoCal for two days, got a custom tune, and then switched to Procede a few months later. No one said anything about that. My goal was to have fun with the car and try out all the different things. This wasn't the only thing I bought and sold within a short time frame. At the end of the day, I had fun for 2 years in this car, did things most will never do, and I'm just asking you to respect this as any other normal sale thread.
      01-12-2013, 11:00 PM   #61
ign335i
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Why did I sell the car?

It was a choice I made, simple as that. I did not trade it for a faster car, I traded it for something more practical and newer. Yes, I actually said one of the things I was looking for was an in dash navigation - it was the ONE thing I regretted about my BMW, ask any of my friends. I am a geek at heart. I have been a programmer for 10 years, my entire professional career. I bought the BMW when I moved to California because I had always wanted a fast and luxurious car, and I finally had the opportunity to do so. Now that I've gotten to see what true power feels like, I began revisiting what had always been bugging me - the interior and dash were never really something that truly appealed to me. It was basically a sacrifice to me in order to have a fast car. Retrofitting in the nav was out of the question, though. It was too expensive and too time-consuming.

Why am I being singled out for wanting to trade in my 6 year old car for a brand new 2013 car? Having an integrated 8" flush touch screen, with built in GPS, Sirius radio, full phone integration, etc. is a geek's dream. I love technology, and they went all out on it. I had the car for 2 years, it progressed from the simplest of cosmetic mods to the most extreme of performance mods. I enjoyed it, did pretty much everything, and so it was time to move on.

By the way, I bought a COBB, drove down to SoCal for two days, got a custom tune, and then switched to Procede a few months later. No one said anything about that. My goal was to have fun with the car and try out all the different things. This wasn't the only thing I bought and sold within a short time frame. At the end of the day, I had fun for 2 years in this car, did things most will never do, and I'm just asking you to respect this as any other normal sale thread.
Its all good, I don't think anyone is intending to single you out, just trying to understand the motive and the price. It still doesn't make sense to me, but I am OK with that. I am a nerd too .
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2013, 11:30 PM   #62
skinrock
Agent Smith
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ign335i View Post
Its all good, I don't think anyone is intending to single you out, just trying to understand the motive and the price. It still doesn't make sense to me, but I am OK with that. I am a nerd too .
Everyone was a bit shell-shocked at the original price, so I made it competitive. I want to sell it so I can buy come camera gear
      01-12-2013, 11:52 PM   #63
skinrock
Agent Smith
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyeah View Post
Actually, I'm a techie at heart too and I understand what you mean by the in-dash navigation and so on and so forth.

The Ford Focus is a good car in terms of technology and if I could, I would retrofit my E90 to have many of the new goodies that the newer F30's have.
Fusion, but yea BTW, funny post in the General Section...they say don't drive the Focus ST, you might be too impressed with it
      01-12-2013, 11:57 PM   #64
dlbrooks18
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: e90 335i

Bump for an incredible price! Can't believe you are parting ways with your car and this kit so soon.. Someone is gonna be lucky to get this.

2008 E90 335

Last edited by dlbrooks18; 01-13-2013 at 06:44 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2013, 12:07 AM   #65
jyeah
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 335i

Hope your sale goes well. Great price!
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2013, 12:11 AM   #66
skinrock
Agent Smith
Rep