E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > H&R sport cup kit, anyone have them?

08-26-2012, 11:15 PM   #23
speedfan
Major
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: BMW

OP, I'm running H&R Touring cupkit on my e90 lci.
Yes, like Route 16 said, the roads here are HORRIBLE.

I gave my 73yo Dad a lift once, he fell asleep in the car. He didnt complain about the harsh or bounciness.

However, I've driven a friend's e90 with ST coil-overs.
To be honest the ST coil-overs are more comfortable. They suck up the road imperfection better than my cupkit.

I took his car to this empty road, handling wise, it *seems* my car corners better, probably because of lighter wheels & stickier tires. For normal usage & the speed we can travel here, there's virtually no difference.
for pic of the ride high, click on the link under my signature.

I'd go with the ST coil-over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 16 View Post
ST's are prone to rust yes that's why they're marketed mostly for West Coast people since we are not exposed to the elements like the Mid-West/East Coast. KW are more suitable for all weather.

Speedfan on the forums runs H&R Touring cup kit, if anyone knows Vietnam roads, you know they are pot holes galore, no problem for him, all age groups have no complaints with ride quality. Hopefully that clears that up.

I'm using ST's and I'm happy with them, wife and baby are not complaining and they hate low cars.
you got the right choice buddy!

Frozen Grey. Dry CF Roof. Vorsteiner Double Sided CF Boot Lid. OSS. BMW Performance Aero Kit. BMW Performance CF Diffuser Cover. BMW Performance CF Trim. Robson Design Steering Wheel. Advan RS. Michelin PSS. H&R Touring Cup Kit. BMW Performance Brakes. Eisenmann Race Rear Muffler. ESS Directflash
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2012, 09:57 AM   #24
3-Serious
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: AP e92 335i

Wow man you car is beautiful!!!! And the ride height looks excellent maybe I will end up with the touring kit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfan View Post
OP, I'm running H&R Touring cupkit on my e90 lci.
Yes, like Route 16 said, the roads here are HORRIBLE.

I gave my 73yo Dad a lift once, he fell asleep in the car. He didnt complain about the harsh or bounciness.

However, I've driven a friend's e90 with ST coil-overs.
To be honest the ST coil-overs are more comfortable. They suck up the road imperfection better than my cupkit.

I took his car to this empty road, handling wise, it *seems* my car corners better, probably because of lighter wheels & stickier tires. For normal usage & the speed we can travel here, there's virtually no difference.
for pic of the ride high, click on the link under my signature.

I'd go with the ST coil-over.

you got the right choice buddy!
      08-30-2012, 11:21 AM   #25
speedfan
Major
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickkg37s View Post
Wow man you car is beautiful!!!! And the ride height looks excellent maybe I will end up with the touring kit.
Thanks nick! & good luck with your choice !!

Frozen Grey. Dry CF Roof. Vorsteiner Double Sided CF Boot Lid. OSS. BMW Performance Aero Kit. BMW Performance CF Diffuser Cover. BMW Performance CF Trim. Robson Design Steering Wheel. Advan RS. Michelin PSS. H&R Touring Cup Kit. BMW Performance Brakes. Eisenmann Race Rear Muffler. ESS Directflash
Appreciate 0