Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > how do i check if flat tire warning's real?

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

01-07-2006, 04:10 AM   #1
tabit
Rep
Drives: 330i

how do i check if flat tire warning's real?

I got a flat tire warning yesterday and pulled over and couldn't see anything wrong with any of the tires. I checked the air pressures and they all seemed pretty normal. I've never had any experience with runflat tires before, so I'm unsure as to if any are actually flat. Should it be really obvious to the eye if one's flat? Or any simple way I can check it on my own? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2006, 04:33 AM   #2
E90Fleet
Lieutenant General
South Africa
Rep
Drives: BMW

Very hard to see if a runflat tire is "flat'

Best way is to check with a pressure guage
      01-07-2006, 05:17 AM   #3
ben1364
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 330iA

You said, ."I checked the air pressures and they all seemed pretty normal." I am not sure what you mean by "pretty normal". Did you set the pressures equally from side to side? If so and if you re-set the TPM, you should be good to go.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2006, 01:22 AM   #4
bmwnewbie
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e90

I know this feeling. From what I was told which seems right. If you have pressure in all your tires, you didn't catch a flat fill up the front tires to 32 psi and the rear to 36psi, that's what my jam says. If it doesn't come on again your fine, if it does check the tires to see which one had the drop in pressure it you might have a puncture.
Appreciate 0