E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > How to Keep Beige and Oyster Clean

12-10-2013, 11:12 AM   #1
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

How to Keep Beige and Oyster Clean

I bought my kid a car with an oyster colored interior and my cousin has a beige. Both are dirty as can be from just normal use. They aren't hauling anything other than typical stuff -- shopping bags, groceries, dry cleaning, books, and whatnot.

Has anyone found something that can be applied to leather that will keep the dirt from adhering to it? I realize there are any number of cleaning substances I can suggest. And I know there are several types of covers -- clear plastic (yuck!) and wool/sheepskin fleece (I use these on my car). Just wondering if someone has found a protective solution...something like Scotchguard for leather?

TY for input.

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2013, 12:56 PM   #2
edirtaynine
Major General
Rep
Drives: e92

i gave up on trying to keep the lightness/whiteness of the color in my beige interior. when it was new, it looked borderline white... for about a year... but now it's just straight up beige. hahahah

jm3as hooks it up
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2013, 01:46 PM   #3
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by edirtaynine View Post
i gave up on trying to keep the lightness/whiteness of the color in my beige interior. when it was new, it looked borderline white... for about a year... but now it's just straight up beige. hahahah
You must have that E92-only color: cream beige.

It's just as bad.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2013, 02:34 PM   #4
SHEEDI
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i - Sport PKG

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
I bought my kid a car with an oyster colored interior and my cousin has a beige. Both are dirty as can be from just normal use. They aren't hauling anything other than typical stuff -- shopping bags, groceries, dry cleaning, books, and whatnot.

Has anyone found something that can be applied to leather that will keep the dirt from adhering to it? I realize there are any number of cleaning substances I can suggest. And I know there are several types of covers -- clear plastic (yuck!) and wool/sheepskin fleece (I use these on my car). Just wondering if someone has found a protective solution...something like Scotchguard for leather?

TY for input.

All the best.
OP. this is what i have on my leather seats,dash and plastic...easy to clean
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2013, 04:18 PM   #5
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHEEDI View Post
OP. this is what i have on my leather seats,dash and plastic...easy to clean
TY. I've ordered some. It'll make a great stocking stuffer for them both.

Now let's just hope I don't by giving it to them have to also become their car care guru. LOL.

TY again.

Happy Holidays!

Appreciate 0
      12-10-2013, 05:04 PM   #6
mg4734
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i M-Sport Coupe

Gotta clean the seats really well before applying that though, so it doesn't seal in the dirt. look into Lexol products. use a soft brush with the cleaner, and the seats will definitely come clean. a complete kit can be found at autogeek. Then apply the cquartz fabric stuff.
2009 E92 335i M-Sport - MHD Stage One - BMW Performance Exhaust - BMS Oil Catch Can - CDV Delete - K&N Panel Filter - Arc Angel H8 bulbs - Gloss Black Kidney Grills - Painted Reflectors - VRSF Charge Pipe
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2013, 06:13 PM   #7
SHEEDI
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i - Sport PKG

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mg4734 View Post
Gotta clean the seats really well before applying that though, so it doesn't seal in the dirt. look into Lexol products. use a soft brush with the cleaner, and the seats will definitely come clean. a complete kit can be found at autogeek. Then apply the cquartz fabric stuff.
Correct, OP you have to clean leather seats well and make sure they are dry. I would buy Blackfire All Pupose cleaner because you can use it to clean lot of things.
Please read this.
http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/...w-product.html
So,again,clean leather seats,make sure they are dry and then apply CQUARTZ Leather coat,make sure you wear glasses and put nose mask on. I always cover eyes with detailing glasses and nose and mouth with mask when I detail my car as precaution
Appreciate 0