E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Secret/ Laws of Attraction

11-21-2012, 02:10 AM   #1
S2Krazzee
Private
Rep
Drives: 335gone/s2k/S4/GS350

The Secret/ Laws of Attraction

I know this might seem wierd and kinda out of place but.....
Anyone read or see these book/movie?

It kinda stuck a chord in me and motivating me in a very positive way.
Just wondering if anyone lives by it or has any input or opinions for it.

Thanks

Currently reading The Game by Florence Shovel Shinn very good book.

Last edited by S2Krazzee; 11-21-2012 at 09:04 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2012, 04:47 AM   #2
Vanity
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 LCI

Imo, people looking for these "pick-up" books are usually pre-relationship people. Why? Because after getting through a relationship, all of a sudden everyone is getting in and out of relationships left, right, and center, whereas they had never before.

All these types of books or movies or whatever try to do is target a market that is unconfident/inexperienced. Just ask her out. Step 1. Not a bunch of steps leading up to step 1.
      11-21-2012, 08:35 AM   #3
amanda hor$t
Banned
Rep
Drives: a380

i know of the book you're talking about. haven't read it, but i've read "the game" (a similar and popular book in the same genre).

not a fan of pick-up books. it's like a collection of hacks and parlor tricks to get laid. focus on upping your own stock (broad education/knowledge, fitness, career, money etc)

though i hate dating, so ymmv
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2012, 08:51 AM   #4
Aggression
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 12' CTS Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by veloziROTHTOR View Post
i know of the book you're talking about. haven't read it, but i've read "the game" (a similar and popular book in the same genre).

not a fan of pick-up books. it's like a collection of hacks and parlor tricks to get laid. focus on upping your own stock (broad education/knowledge, fitness, career, money etc)

though i hate dating, so ymmv
The book isn't about that.

But to the OP- as long as you act on that motivation, good things will come.

LOA is a fancy way to get people to think positive thoughts and not be a cynic, which therfore brings similar people into your life; and makes your more open to opportunities.

Stay motivated brother.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2012, 09:45 AM   #5
Rookie83
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i 6mt cpe

Ive read T.O.B by josh pellicer. Alot of usefull information, would read again. I will have to check this one out though, its always nice to have the advantage.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2012, 10:32 AM   #6
carve
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

It's not about pick up and relationships. It's pseudo-intellectual new-age bullshit about you making your own reality. You think thoughts and the universe re-orders itself to your desired outcome. You want something and the "law of attraction" re-orders the universe to give you that thing. It has nothing to do with motivating you- you just want something really bad, wait for it, and it comes to you. It's complete bullshit. Do you think the starving kid in Africa doesn't envision herself enjoying a big meal? Do you think the amputee doesn't want a new limb?

Don't get me wrong- having a positive attitude can have an effect on your life, but it's because it motivates you to go out and make things happen- not because your thoughts re-order the universe.

Last edited by carve; 11-21-2012 at 10:48 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2012, 11:41 AM   #7
amanda hor$t
Banned
Rep
Drives: a380

imo, the entire new age genre is a crapshoot. some of it is good: modernized re-hashes of classic wisdom. others, a cheap remix in order to sell books (eckhart tolle being a prime example: it's buddhism simply, but he does it in a way to confuse the reader and flex his own "spirituality")
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2012, 12:33 PM   #8
shah269
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009

The Game is actually a very well written book.
It's more a story of self dicsovery than a pick up artists book.
If you have time pick it up, it's a good read.

As for this book? No can you please link the book or the movie?
Thank you
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2012, 09:00 PM   #9
S2Krazzee
Private
Rep

It didnt hit me in a way for attracting just for picking up girls but everything in general, even wealth,health etc. I always been in long relationships 8years being the most at a very young age but was never really "happy". I just thought it was all about how we attract negative things by having negative thoughts and vise versa. I been so positive the past few months and everythings starting to fall back in place. I do think many people understand it differently.

For me im reading the book called The game of life by Florence Shinn and also watched the video The Secret by Bob proctor on youtube.

Suprisingly people like Warren Buffet, Oprah, Jayz etc have read many of these books.

Seems like many people live by this "law" are actually "happy" in life and the success follows. And some happy people live by this law naturally.

Just thought its good imformation for many people out there i wanted to share and also hear opinions on.

11-21-2012, 09:14 PM   #10
S2Krazzee
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by carve View Post
It's not about pick up and relationships. It's pseudo-intellectual new-age bullshit about you making your own reality. You think thoughts and the universe re-orders itself to your desired outcome. You want something and the "law of attraction" re-orders the universe to give you that thing. It has nothing to do with motivating you- you just want something really bad, wait for it, and it comes to you. It's complete bullshit. Do you think the starving kid in Africa doesn't envision herself enjoying a big meal? Do you think the amputee doesn't want a new limb?

Don't get me wrong- having a positive attitude can have an effect on your life, but it's because it motivates you to go out and make things happen- not because your thoughts re-order the universe.

Thank you for your opinion. Makes me think in a different point of view too.
I do understand where youre coming from and also confused as well why bad things happen to good people. But makes me also think how some people from Africa who use to starve somehow immigrates to a different country and live a much better life. I dont consider that "luck". Many poor countries are being mislead and being stamped that they are starving and will starve so thats what they prepare for even though they hope to have a better living. And the world isnt about what you want, its more about what you prepare for. So if you want something in your life but prepare for the bad, you will recieve what you prepare for which most of these poverty countries prepare for.
Im not completely sure about my opinions but just a sense of thoughts.

Im just trying to share and learn wisdom so hope this keeps calm and stressfree!
      11-22-2012, 12:29 AM   #11
grimlock
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2Krazzee View Post
But makes me also think how some people from Africa who use to starve somehow immigrates to a different country and live a much better life. I dont consider that "luck". Many poor countries are being mislead and being stamped that they are starving and will starve so thats what they prepare for even though they hope to have a better living. And the world isnt about what you want, its more about what you prepare for. So if you want something in your life but prepare for the bad, you will recieve what you prepare for which most of these poverty countries prepare for.
Does positive thinking work?
Our perception of the world at any time can be positive or negative, while the world 'objectively' remains the same.
Positive or negative thinking does not work in the long run, in the short run you may be able to delude yourself into believing that it is working by ignoring evidence to the contrary.

Example Mitt Romney, who like all of us have some wacky beliefs, which have serve him well UNTIL know, sucessful career, apparently happy family, BUT he failed at his presidential run - why? Belief alone cannot become reality. Reality is reality.
Up to this point all the things he believed is served him well, because he was living in his own bubble, he is blind to the faults and everything seems to be working all right. But when exposed to the harsh reality of a presidential run, he is forced to face reality and realize how wacky some of his beliefs are.

Positive thinking is simply amplifying what you want, and wilfully ignoring what you don't like. If you had 10 seconds to live, you might want to just be happy and screw sweet and sour reality, but if you live any longer, a shody bridge WILL collapse.. so plan your life accordingly.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2012, 12:37 AM   #12
grimlock
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS

Also, you don't 'attract' anything, it is always there as a possibility. At any one time there are both nice and mean people on the street, if you believe either, then you will meet that one - the other is still there but you never noticed and walk right past that guy.
So if anything the lesson is life is wide open with possibilities, perceving them is most of the battle. Or at any time the world exists infinite objects positive or negative in nature, you just have to go get it, albeit subject to the constraint of knowledge of how to achieve that. (Like you can't fly a plane without ever taking lessons, but you would be surprised how much of the 'foundation' you already know which are basic life skills, so in an emercency scenario you could probably pull it off with a little assistance.)
Appreciate 0