E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Urgently need help!!!! *trouble with project n54" so many pains & error.

09-26-2023, 06:26 PM   #1
javiertakedaa
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i N54B30 RWD

Exclamation Urgently need help!!!! *trouble with project n54" so many pains & error.

GOOD DAY N54 COMMUNITY

So recently I've bought over my friend's N54 335i DCT Coupe 2008 as my new project car, so yes initially I've been doing up all the related maintenance issue, etc oil leak, plugs, sparkplug etcs etcs, then some bolt ons,

TAKE NOTE IM USING A STOCK MOTOR WITH A 150PSI CYL 5 THE REST CYLINDER IS 175PSI, YES CYL 5 HAS SOME PISTON ISSUES I KNOW & STOCK TURBO WITH LIGHTLY UPGRADED COMPRESSOR FAN BY PREV OWNER

Okay so continue on my N54 build was initially doing up all wear and tears, like oil leaks, gaskets, HPFP, bodyworks etc etc. As I'm aiming to build a 550 to 600whp track car. Previously it was custom tuned with xHP map i think for the 7 speed mDCT.

HERE COMES THE ISSUE
NEED HELP HERE

So recently ive installed
1. INTAKE MANIFOLD WITH PRECISION RACEWERK P.I W/ MOTIVE LITE CONTROLLER & OFCOS CUSTOM AQUAMIST METHANOL INJECTION TOO ALSO PORT INJECTION. So after installing it(PRW P.I) in issues start creeping, up. I have ofcos followed to instructions and flashed the Motiv Reflex with its base N54 map to make it run properly and yes all items has been professionally installed & checked no leak no mistake. So yea flash the bin. file and etc blablabla, cars start misfiring but issues solved, changed sparkplug back to R5 from R8 Bosch. And relised one of the cylinder was flooded with petrol isit but cant be the base map sure is workable right? Like it doesn't pump.petrol unless it needs to for port injection? But its okay it settled, and Vanos starts to go haywire changed sprocket and solenoid, settled. Then after that i decided okay screw it imma get a custom tune, so before deciding on who to be my tuner, I unplugged the Motiv Reflex from the ECU connector to not let it work, car runs abit better, then aft that i tried spending money on a MHD stg2+ map, but it doesn't calibrate tho makes thing worse, Fuel Pump Module starts to overheat, stranded twice at expressway. So ya i plug it in back thinking maybe mhd stg2+ will help but no, after i plug it in for no apparent reason my fuel start decreasing 1km every 15secs (on the journey computer at idrive display & fuel gauge) im shocked brought to my mechanic, he says no petrol leak no nothing. So again i unplugged it out again. After unplugging it out, my boost will not boost above 0.6 bar it stutter and .5 & .6 (at boost gauge), im perplexed. So many questions unanswered. Please anyone help for advice. AND YES I CHANGED MY HPFP, INJECTOR WAS FINE WORKING INDEX 7 ALL GOOD, LPFP CHANGED TOO TO PRECISION RACEWERKZ STG 2+ V2 KIT. AND YA MY CAR IS FBO EXCEPT FOR TURBO. AND YEA I HAVE A BILLET INTAKE MANIFOLD.

QUESTIONS BELOW
1. DID I FLASH WRONGLY THE MOTIV LITE?
2. WHY DOES INSTALLING A P.I SO MUCH ISSUE?
3. DOES UNPLUGGING OUT MOTIV AFFRCT MY BOOST?
4. NOW MY BOOST STUTTERING AT .6BAR WHY?
5. AFTER PLUGGING BACK MY MOTIV AND RUNNING P.I ON MHD STG2+ MAP FUEL BURNING 1KM EVERY 15SECS ON JOURNEY COMPUTER EVEN WHEN STAGNANT (NO LEAKS) WHY?
6. DO I RLLY NEED A CUSTOM TUNE AND NOT A OTS MAPS TO TUNE IT OUT.
7. STILL DONT GET IT FUEL DROP 1KM EVERY 15SECS AFTER PLUGGING IN BACK PORT INJECTION CONTROLLER.
9. I THOUGHT P.I WAS SUPPOSE TO WORK ON CERTAIN RPM OR BOOST ONLY?
10. ANY IDEA WHY MY BOOST ONLY NOW HOLDS .5 BAR WHERE AS PREVIOUS HAS BEEN ON 1.1BAR 1.2BAR STOCK TURBO
11 YES SMOKE CHECK DONE, VACUUM CHECK DONE. NO LEAKS.
(But imma change to a new Boost Solenoid and try, Will update thread)

PLEASE ADVICE ANY EXPERTS?
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2023, 02:37 AM   #2
CarAbuser
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Z4 35i DCT / E92 335i DCT

Injector is leaking, probably in the cylinder with low compression.
Appreciate 1