E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > E90 audio advice please.

08-01-2015, 02:53 PM   #1
tomwh85
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW e90 335d

E90 audio advice please.

Somehow my boot well filled with water and now I have shit sound quality.

I got the water out and dried it all up, especially the amp or dab module thingy?

It sounds like I've blown a couple of speakers, when I play with the sound it seems to be f/left and r/right. It's ok at low levels because you can't tell but as soon as its turned up its rubbish.

The question is what do I do? Upgrade or replace the two speakers if it is just two? If I upgrade, what do I upgrade too and how much will it cost?

I think I have the hi-fi system, front tweeters and front door speakers, rear door speakers, parcel shelf speakers, I think I have a dash speaker and two under seat speakers. And the I presume it's the amp in the boot. No nav but I do have dab.

Not looking for the loudest, most base etc etc just something nice. Tbh the sound quality I have now is fine, but I'm used to good quality from when I had Harmon kardon in my m3.

Thanks guys.

#E46 individual M3 - Estoril blue - retired
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2015, 03:58 PM   #2
badgerbrock72
Captain
Rep
Drives: 340i M-Sport

If it were me mate, id find out why your boot filled with water first?

Surely a higher priority than sorting out the tunes?
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2015, 04:15 AM   #3
tomwh85
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW e90 335d

Yes that's all fine now I've sorted that out. It was the seal around the rear light.
Appreciate 0