E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Does anyone have the Umnitza P90 FX-R retrofit Headlights?

12-14-2011, 09:45 AM   #287
AW128i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E82 N51

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecaedus View Post
opps...wtf pics not showing?....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/68302497@N05/6215410938/
original DEPO
Are these the DEPO lights with just a HID retrofit? If so, that beam pattern and cutoff is MUCH better than the crappy FX-R retrofits pics posted in this thread. The E46 FX-R retrofit pic you posted is sweet, the E90 FX-R retrofit pics posted here look nothing like that.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2011, 11:27 AM   #288
ecaedus
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Model 3 LR

Quote:
Originally Posted by AW128i View Post
I've read every post in this thread because I would like to get rid of the crappy halogens in my 128i and Umnitza sells a 1-series DEPO retrofit with all the goodies talked about in this thread such as LED AEs and FX-R retrofit. But from what I've seen in this thread, the lights from Umnitza have two problems on all of them: one, fogging issues; and two, shitty projector light output. Some of the beam pattern pics of the FX-R retrofits in the DEPO lights are absolutely horrific. The part that worries me the most, is that the fogging could be a result of a couple things. One, the lights may not be properly sealed after Umnitza does the LED AE retrofit. Or two, the HID retrofit cables coming through the housing may not be properly sealed.

Point being, this seems like a lot of money to spend only to receive a product that definitely doesn't live up to the hype from Umnitza. Has anyone gotten the Umnitza lights and not had fogging and FX-R problems??
you saw my beam patterns right?....lol they r pretty bad, but way better than stock DEPO projectors though.

anyway, go for the OEM solution, don't go to a dealership cause they'll just rip you off, find a set on Ebay, get it professional installed and have your car coded to eliminate all errors.

if i had the chance to do this all over again i would go for the OEM way, more expensive yes, but you get a peace of mind
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2011, 11:28 AM   #289
srohang1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 2006 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevendous03 View Post
It is an easy fix. I had my right headlight go out then come back on with the car on lift error, and I had done all the bulb check deactivation, and I couldn't figure it out. Coding for xenon (like I have stated earlier in this thread) will definitely resolve the error, because I did that and have been error-free for about 6 weeks now.

Have Alex code the car for xenon with the $522 added to the FA string in the VO. He will have to re-code all the bulb check deactivation again though.

If I lived out west, I'd help you out. You should try to get a cable on here though cause it's really easy.

Hey Trevendous03, I really appreciate your help in sharing your knowledge with everyone. I have never coded anything before but I am motivated to do so with all of these excellent write-ups. I cannot justify buying OEM projectors & components (might as well get a new car), so I will be biting the bullet to get the Umnitza FX-R retrofit headlights.

Now, for noobs like myself, I want to understand the whole coding process before attempting this and buying the lights and the coding cable.

Things I will need:
BMW INPA / Ediabas K+DCAN USB Interface, D-CAN, CAN CABLE...this forum has more info
Projector 90 w/FX-R retrofit

1) First, we follow xxxjecxxx's guide.
2) Install lights
3) Next, we follow your post.
4) Then, we code (change setting to nicht_aktiv) for the following (from the list):
2006 E90 (my ride)
  • KALTUEBERWACHUNG_BLK_HI
  • KALTUEBERWACHUNG_BLK_VO
  • KALTUEBERWACHUNG_KZL
  • KALTUEBERWACHUNG_NSW
  • KALTUEBERWACHUNG_RL
  • WARMUEBERWACHUNG_BLK_HI
  • WARMUEBERWACHUNG_KZL_LI
2007 E90
  • FEHLERMELDUNG_CC_SL_V_L
  • FEHLERMELDUNG_CC_SL_V_R
  • KALTUEBERWACHUNG_SL_V_L
  • KALTUEBERWACHUNG_SL_V_R
  • WARMUEBERWACHUNG_SL_V_L
  • WARMUEBERWACHUNG_SL_V_R
  • KALTUEBERWACHUNG_KZL
Does this look right?

I'm sure this has been asked multiple times, but is there a way to restore your car to OEM settings in case something gets messed up?
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2011, 12:29 PM   #290
AW128i
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
you saw my beam patterns right?....lol they r pretty bad, but way better than stock DEPO projectors though.

anyway, go for the OEM solution, don't go to a dealership cause they'll just rip you off, find a set on Ebay, get it professional installed and have your car coded to eliminate all errors.

if i had the chance to do this all over again i would go for the OEM way, more expensive yes, but you get a peace of mind
Yes, I saw your pics. Though, I'm not sure I agree with you that your FX-R retrofit is still better than the DEPO projectors retrofitted with HID.

This pic of the DEPO projectors + HID shows a beam pattern that is MUCH better than this one of your FX-R retrofit. The only problem with the DEPO pic is that the HID capsule insulator creates a shadow in the beam pattern. This is common among most retrofits like this.

I would like to go with the OE ones, but the cost is exorbitant and there's speculation that I will then also have to upgrade the FRM module in my car to be able to code the HID option to the VO. I'm not sure I believe that, but it's a possibility and if so, that's another few hundred dollars I'll have to spend, after forking over the money for the OE lights. I have a line on European non-adaptive lights for my car, and they're reasonably priced, but there are a lot of uncertainties about the halogen-equipped 1-series and how they'll handle retrofitting HIDs. Plus, if I go the OE route, then I still have the crappy OE corona rings.

I emailed Umnitza with links to this thread and some of the pics posted, basically asking them to explain why their product is not performing well and isn't living up to the hype they profess about their kits and retrofits. We'll see what they say.

P.S. I'm no stranger to HID retrofits, OE and aftermarket. I've added OE European HIDs to two previous cars ('01.5 Audi A4 and '02 VW GTI VR6), and added HID retrofits to two other cars (VWs) I've owned that came with halogen projector lights from the factory. Point being, I'm perfectly comfortable with the work that goes into a HID retrofit including the coding, which I've already done to my car with various other tweaks. Problem is, if the product being retrofitted is crappy to start with, it'll only be a headache after.

Last edited by AW128i; 12-14-2011 at 12:37 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2011, 12:40 PM   #291
ecaedus
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Are these the DEPO lights with just a HID retrofit? If so, that beam pattern and cutoff is MUCH better than the crappy FX-R retrofits pics posted in this thread. The E46 FX-R retrofit pic you posted is sweet, the E90 FX-R retrofit pics posted here look nothing like that.
dude, if you call that DEPO stock beam pattern good then obviously we have drastically different values on what's a good beam pattern.

my cut may be horrific but at least i don't have 2 huge ugly dark black lines running down my beam pattern

oh, and fyi the DEPO lights are not retrofited, the company DEPO, based in Taiwan, made the projectors into the headlights themselves. no one retrofitted anything into it later.

the only reason why umnitza wants to take away the stock projectors and put in FX-R is because they believe it creates better beam pattern, which i have demonstrated they don't do it very well. but at the very least it's better than the stock projectors.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2011, 01:09 PM   #292
AW128i
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
dude, if you call that DEPO stock beam pattern good then obviously we have drastically different values on what's a good beam pattern.

my cut may be horrific but at least i don't have 2 huge ugly dark black lines running down my beam pattern

oh, and fyi the DEPO lights are not retrofited, the company DEPO, based in Taiwan, made the projectors into the headlights themselves. no one retrofitted anything into it later.

the only reason why umnitza wants to take away the stock projectors and put in FX-R is because they believe it creates better beam pattern, which i have demonstrated they don't do it very well. but at the very least it's better than the stock projectors.
They both have their faults, I just think that the DEPOs are the lesser of the two evils. The beam pattern and cutoff on the FX-R retrofit are out of control. The light is not spread evenly, the cutoff is very blurry and not completely horizontal, tons of bleed at the sides...I could go on. Sure, the DEPOs have the shadow through the middle of the beam, but other than that and some small bleed in other areas, the entire beam pattern and cutoff is better. Just my opinion. Now, if the FX-R retrofit was like what Umnitza and Lightwerks advertise, I'd agree that they are better hands down. But your pic looks nothing like that.

You say that the DEPO lights aren't retrofitted. Not sure what you mean. I know they're projector lights from DEPO, but they're designed to have a halogen bulb in them. If those are HIDs, then the actual HID system is retrofitted into a halogen projector. Isn't that the case for the DEPO pic that you posted?

Umnitza responded to my email inquiry. To sum up their response:
  • They sent out a few headlight sets with 9006 HID capsules fitted rather than D2S. They say they've since corrected that and all kits use the D2S HID capsules. They also allude to the 9006 HID capsules being the cause of the incorrect beam patterns and cutoffs, and say that the D2S HID capsules should cure those problems.
  • They admitted they should've done more testing on this.
  • They assured me that all lights now are properly tested before being shipped and will have D2S HID capsules.
  • The FX-R projectors aren't "crooked," despite what some owners on this thread are saying, though they go on to say that some adjusting is of course required. Not sure what they mean by "adjusting."
  • In regards to the condensation problem, they claim they've only seen this problem on about 5 sets of headlights.
  • They claim DEPO lights are sealed poorly from the factory, which contributes to the problem.
  • Umnitza applies additional weather sealing to the DEPO lights after their modifications and they apply more pressure than before when resealing the lights.
Hmm, their email response was detailed and they addressed all of the concerns that I questioned them about. Seems their customer service is a winner. I'm now re-thinking these as an option.

P.S. Not that it applies to this particular thread, but the email mentioned that the DEPO 1-series lights are built slightly different than the 3-series and aren't as much trouble as the 3-series for these retrofits.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2011, 01:17 PM   #293
ecaedus
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
They both have their faults, I just think that the DEPOs are the lesser of the two evils. The beam pattern and cutoff on the FX-R retrofit are out of control. The light is not spread evenly, the cutoff is very blurry and not completely horizontal, tons of bleed at the sides...I could go on. Sure, the DEPOs have the shadow through the middle of the beam, but other than that and some small bleed in other areas, the entire beam pattern and cutoff is better. Just my opinion. Now, if the FX-R retrofit was like what Umnitza and Lightwerks advertise, I'd agree that they are better hands down. But your pic looks nothing like that.

You say that the DEPO lights aren't retrofitted. Not sure what you mean. I know they're projector lights from DEPO, but they're designed to have a halogen bulb in them. If those are HIDs, then the actual HID system is retrofitted into a halogen projector. Isn't that the case for the DEPO pic that you posted?

Umnitza responded to my email inquiry. To sum up their response:
  • They sent out a few headlight sets with 9006 HID capsules fitted rather than D2S. They say they've since corrected that and all kits use the D2S HID capsules. They also allude to the 9006 HID capsules being the cause of the incorrect beam patterns and cutoffs, and say that the D2S HID capsules should cure those problems.
  • They admitted they should've done more testing on this.
  • They assured me that all lights now are properly tested before being shipped and will have D2S HID capsules.
  • The FX-R projectors aren't "crooked," despite what some owners on this thread are saying, though they go on to say that some adjusting is of course required. Not sure what they mean by "adjusting."
  • In regards to the condensation problem, they claim they've only seen this problem on about 5 sets of headlights.
  • They claim DEPO lights are sealed poorly from the factory, which contributes to the problem.
  • Umnitza applies additional weather sealing to the DEPO lights after their modifications and they apply more pressure than before when resealing the lights.
Hmm, their email response was detailed and they addressed all of the concerns that I questioned them about. Seems their customer service is a winner. I'm now re-thinking these as an option.

P.S. Not that it applies to this particular thread, but the email mentioned that the DEPO 1-series lights are built slightly different than the 3-series and aren't as much trouble as the 3-series for these retrofits.
they told you they are now using D2S again???!!!

omg....okay, i got my lights with 9006 size bulbs attached permanently with my headlights and when i asked "where's the D2S bulbs advertised on the website?" you know what they replied? they said oh, it's because the D2S bulbs are too tight a fit inside the headlights so we are doing 9006 size bulbs.

they told me if i'm not satisfied with the 9006 bulbs i'd have to cut off those myself, ship it back to them and they'll ship me the D2S bulbs and i have to figure out myself how to reseal everything....

so it seems i've been treated like a lab rat huh....
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2011, 01:26 PM   #294
AW128i
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
they told you they are now using D2S again???!!!

omg....okay, i got my lights with 9006 size bulbs attached permanently with my headlights and when i asked "where's the D2S bulbs advertised on the website?" you know what they replied? they said oh, it's because the D2S bulbs are too tight a fit inside the headlights so we are doing 9006 size bulbs.

they told me if i'm not satisfied with the 9006 bulbs i'd have to cut off those myself, ship it back to them and they'll ship me the D2S bulbs and i have to figure out myself how to reseal everything....

so it seems i've been treated like a lab rat huh....
It's possible that I may have misunderstood, but this is what they said, "We can assure you and everyone for the future on that thread that all lights will have D2S and properly tested patterns (as we have already done) on the every new unit shipped."
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2011, 01:42 PM   #295
anthonym96
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
hi simon, so sry i wasn't able to get back to you in time, was trying to do all sorts of different things.

anyway, it seems that the problem cannot be solved by coding, it's a hardware problem and either Umnitza's headlight caused it or i caused it myself while installing. basically there are two wires touching eachother in the car somewhere and its shorting out the circuit. that's why the corner light stays on.

i'm going to go to the dealership and have them to take a look at it, and determine how much it'll cost me to fix. hopefully not too much lol

i told umnitza to sort out the LED signal bulb wiring on their headlight and clean up the fog inside the headlight, i sent them the headlight last week and it got delayed twice for shipping so now i'm expecting it to arrive on friday this week?.....hopefully....
let me know if you find another coder cuz im trying to get it done asap
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2011, 05:26 PM   #296
Trevendous03
photographer // designer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i E90 SG

Quote:
I've read every post in this thread because I would like to get rid of the crappy halogens in my 128i and Umnitza sells a 1-series DEPO retrofit with all the goodies talked about in this thread such as LED AEs and FX-R retrofit. But from what I've seen in this thread, the lights from Umnitza have two problems on all of them: one, fogging issues; and two, shitty projector light output. Some of the beam pattern pics of the FX-R retrofits in the DEPO lights are absolutely horrific. The part that worries me the most, is that the fogging could be a result of a couple things. One, the lights may not be properly sealed after Umnitza does the LED AE retrofit. Or two, the HID retrofit cables coming through the housing may not be properly sealed.

Point being, this seems like a lot of money to spend only to receive a product that definitely doesn't live up to the hype from Umnitza. Has anyone gotten the Umnitza lights and not had fogging and FX-R problems??
I have the FX-R from Umnitza, and I have very minimal fogging. It seriously is just a tiny bit of condensation in one corner which goes away within a half hour, and it only happens when it's pouring rain.

Quote:
I think Umnitza installed his projectors worse than mine, because mine are not tilted as badly. I did have to do substantial raising/lowering to get it to look semi-decent though.

The main difference between the DEPO and FX-R is that the beam of the DEPO is not nearly as powerful, and the cutoff is not as sharp, and it's frankly not as wide either.

Seriously my FX-R from Umnitza has razor-sharp cutoff. It just is a little tilted and curves out at the edges kinda weird.

Quote:

I agree! The FX-R is far better than DEPO anyday. I just think Umnitza uses the defects from the manufacturer to save money or something. Cause they do seem that way, but still way better than DEPO projectors.

Quote:
It's possible that I may have misunderstood, but this is what they said, "We can assure you and everyone for the future on that thread that all lights will have D2S and properly tested patterns (as we have already done) on the every new unit shipped."
Wish they would have done this in the first place... were they not checking before? Still I'm pretty happy with the product, but I would be way happier if they would have done this in the beginning...
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2011, 05:28 PM   #297
Trevendous03
photographer // designer
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by srohang1 View Post
Hey Trevendous03, I really appreciate your help in sharing your knowledge with everyone. I have never coded anything before but I am motivated to do so with all of these excellent write-ups. I cannot justify buying OEM projectors & components (might as well get a new car), so I will be biting the bullet to get the Umnitza FX-R retrofit headlights.

Now, for noobs like myself, I want to understand the whole coding process before attempting this and buying the lights and the coding cable.

Things I will need:
BMW INPA / Ediabas K+DCAN USB Interface, D-CAN, CAN CABLE...this forum has more info
Projector 90 w/FX-R retrofit

1) First, we follow xxxjecxxx's guide.
2) Install lights
3) Next, we follow your post.
4) Then, we code (change setting to nicht_aktiv) for the following (from the list):
2006 E90 (my ride)
  • KALTUEBERWACHUNG_BLK_HI
  • KALTUEBERWACHUNG_KZL
  • KALTUEBERWACHUNG_NSW
  • KALTUEBERWACHUNG_RL
  • WARMUEBERWACHUNG_BLK_HI
  • WARMUEBERWACHUNG_KZL_LI
2007 E90
  • FEHLERMELDUNG_CC_SL_V_L
  • FEHLERMELDUNG_CC_SL_V_R
  • KALTUEBERWACHUNG_SL_V_L
  • KALTUEBERWACHUNG_SL_V_R
  • WARMUEBERWACHUNG_SL_V_L
  • WARMUEBERWACHUNG_SL_V_R
  • KALTUEBERWACHUNG_KZL
Does this look right?

I'm sure this has been asked multiple times, but is there a way to restore your car to OEM settings in case something gets messed up?
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...1&postcount=83

^^^ Don't forget I had to do all those bulb checks in my 06 too.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2011, 06:16 PM   #298
DistantCube
Rep

Trevendous03, would you terribly mind putting your error coding process in to one post? I think you've got the most comprehensive coding method to remove the errors. If you prefer, I can try to do it and have you check it. Basically, just so there's no confusion, in that post where you detail the light bulb checks that should be disabled, can you also put the full process of how you coded the VO and brought the high beams back etc.? EDIT - Okay so it's just the combination of these two posts, One and Two. But that PDF doesn't load for me, i've refreshed several times, so I just thought a full guide, since you're almost there would be awesome. I'm coding my car this weekend hopefully! Thanks.

AW128i - I have a fix for fogging (if any) in this thread. As far as the light beam pattern, mine looks great with the FX-R's. The beams are marginally a bit high, but not so much and so I've not bothered to adjust the angle.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2011, 07:16 PM   #299
srohang1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 2006 325i

I'd be willing to help as well. I was attempting to put together a DIY guide ^^ but I am not the best person as I am just getting into this. I bought my cable today tho! Should be here in a few weeks...
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2011, 08:27 PM   #300
AW128i
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevendous03 View Post
I think Umnitza installed his projectors worse than mine, because mine are not tilted as badly. I did have to do substantial raising/lowering to get it to look semi-decent though.

The main difference between the DEPO and FX-R is that the beam of the DEPO is not nearly as powerful, and the cutoff is not as sharp, and it's frankly not as wide either.

Seriously my FX-R from Umnitza has razor-sharp cutoff. It just is a little tilted and curves out at the edges kinda weird.
Do your lights have D2S capsules or 9006?
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2011, 10:26 PM   #301
Trevendous03
photographer // designer
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DistantCube View Post
Trevendous03, would you terribly mind putting your error coding process in to one post? I think you've got the most comprehensive coding method to remove the errors. If you prefer, I can try to do it and have you check it. Basically, just so there's no confusion, in that post where you detail the light bulb checks that should be disabled, can you also put the full process of how you coded the VO and brought the high beams back etc.? EDIT - Okay so it's just the combination of these two posts, One and Two. But that PDF doesn't load for me, i've refreshed several times, so I just thought a full guide, since you're almost there would be awesome. I'm coding my car this weekend hopefully! Thanks.

AW128i - I have a fix for fogging (if any) in this thread. As far as the light beam pattern, mine looks great with the FX-R's. The beams are marginally a bit high, but not so much and so I've not bothered to adjust the angle.
I could try to. I think that PDF crashes, because it's on a FTP server instead of HTTP. Idk who uploaded that, but I have a website, and I could try to merge my process with Junior's that would not skip any steps. Might take me a while though, because it's quite extensive, and I didn't follow Junior's step by step, because he was almost too careful in certain instances. haha

Quote:
Do your lights have D2S capsules or 9006?
Umnitza told me they're 9006, but I haven't checked. I'm almost too scared to check now since I got everything working perfectly. Don't wanna bump any wiring just looking at the bulb type.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2011, 12:11 AM   #302
Trevendous03
photographer // designer
United_States
Rep

Talking BMW Xenon Coding (Condensed)

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=623805
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2011, 06:07 AM   #303
milly
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i

Garage List
2008 328i (e90)  [9.00]
Trevendous's steps for coding for xenon are super easy to follow, I just did mine yesterday even though I had no errors to begin with.
Took about 30 minutes.
Black 2008 328i e90-BMW Performance CF Strut Bar/Muffler delete/8000k Fogs Fogs/Trunk Spoiler/5% Tint/BlueTooth/JVC HU/AG M359 Wheels/Matte Black kidney grills/H&R Race Springs/Koni Yellows/Orion V2 Angel Eyes/EuroCharged Tune/
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2011, 12:52 PM   #304
Trevendous03
photographer // designer
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by milly View Post
Trevendous's steps for coding for xenon are super easy to follow, I just did mine yesterday even though I had no errors to begin with.
Took about 30 minutes.
Thank you, Milly. Hopefully someone stickies that thread, because it's so difficult when so many people's responses about coding are spread throughout the forums and not in one place.

I mean, Junior's stuff is all in one place, but it's a little bit hard to follow and still is missing some important things. I had to make a one-stop shop for people, so they wouldn't have to go through the extensive hours of searching that I did. Plus... once you follow my instructions once, you'll see how easy it is to memorize what to do. Maybe then, you could help your local buddies code their BMWs. It's a very similar process for the E46 too, which I know a lot of local people own around here.

Error-free and lovin' it!

Anyway, Milly had no errors in the beginning but then had the notorious CAR ON LIFT error pop up after a couple weeks, and his passenger side low beam temporarily failed to ignite. Following my tutorials mixed with Junior's tutorials got his headlights functioning error-free!

Milly, can you give everyone a status update within a couple weeks?
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2011, 03:20 PM   #305
rollinstone157
Brotographer
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335xi

Quote:

Wait, I just saw a picture of your beam pattern, that looks like shit. Umnitza is not winning my confidence votes here...
I'd now consider getting the fishcake DEPOs and then having them shipped to Lightwerkz in NJ (or another one of TheRetrofitSource.com retaillers) and having them do the job.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2011, 03:23 PM   #306
rollinstone157
Brotographer
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335xi

Quote:
...The beam pattern and cutoff on the FX-R retrofit are out of control. The light is not spread evenly, the cutoff is very blurry and not completely horizontal, tons of bleed at the sides...I could go on. Sure, the DEPOs have the shadow through the middle of the beam, but other than that and some small bleed in other areas, the entire beam pattern and cutoff is better. Just my opinion. Now, if the FX-R retrofit was like what Umnitza and Lightwerks advertise, I'd agree that they are better hands down. But your pic looks nothing like that...
See, I can't figure this out. Because the DEPO projectors are awful, and the FX-R's are great--I've seen them in person, on a bench. It makes a world of difference. I can't figure out why yours look so shitty...clearly Umnitza did not do a great job of testing these headlights. I know I wouldn't send out a product that looked THAT bad.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2011, 07:00 PM   #307
eckert014
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 323i

so i had been following this thread for awhile and stopped about two weeks ago when i had read enough to order the lights fully loaded.... i come back on before i install tomorrow and start reading and nearly shit my pants with all these complaints. im just thinking wtf lol. im still so excited and hoping for the best i got an 08 323 anyone have errors with this year yet?

i read a post that had some instructions on the install and it went through lots of wiring detail...as far as i thought it was plug and play? it doesn seem my package contains any wires though lol didnt look too deep...gunna do it tomorro, tonight desrves a couple beers after a long week...

seems easy enough and anything is better than that cheap halogen look. im just so happy to get rid of the "couldnt afford a nice bimmer look" but after readin the last three pages am wondering if im in for an expensive adventure. i bookmarked ur posts trevendous so when the coding comes ill be able to nip it in the bud.

is no one actually fully satisfied with the product, cuz thats usually a good indication of quality and i steered from others to go with umnitza based on suggestions here. just lookin at them in my living room im already satisfied tho lol
cant wait to wake up early tomorrow, one of few times to be sayin that on a friday night
wish me luck guys cheers
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2011, 12:13 AM   #308
DistantCube
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eckert014 View Post
so i had been following this thread for awhile and stopped about two weeks ago when i had read enough to order the lights fully loaded.... i come back on before i install tomorrow and start reading and nearly shit my pants with all these complaints. im just thinking wtf lol. im still so excited and hoping for the best i got an 08 323 anyone have errors with this year yet?

i read a post that had some instructions on the install and it went through lots of wiring detail...as far as i thought it was plug and play? it doesn seem my package contains any wires though lol didnt look too deep...gunna do it tomorro, tonight desrves a couple beers after a long week...

seems easy enough and anything is better than that cheap halogen look. im just so happy to get rid of the "couldnt afford a nice bimmer look" but after readin the last three pages am wondering if im in for an expensive adventure. i bookmarked ur posts trevendous so when the coding comes ill be able to nip it in the bud.

is no one actually fully satisfied with the product, cuz thats usually a good indication of quality and i steered from others to go with umnitza based on suggestions here. just lookin at them in my living room im already satisfied tho lol
cant wait to wake up early tomorrow, one of few times to be sayin that on a friday night
wish me luck guys cheers
I think you'll probably be better off than those with '06 models! It is just plug and play. The wiring harnesses etc are for hard-wired error reduction, I don't recommend installing those, and I think Trevendous would agree with me on that. If you do get errors, it's better to just code them out.

All you need to do is take off your bumper and the headlight brackets, and switch out the old lights with the new lights. You may need to adjust the level, but that's very simple.

Let us know how you go, and good luck with the install.
Appreciate 0